Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas News.com Safety Rankings: LaRon #5

skinslove<3

Safety rankings

10:10 AM Wed, Jul 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Calvin Watkins email-icon.jpg E-mail email-icon.jpg News tips

Beat writers note: We conclude our offseason rankings with the safeties. Some of you ripped our cornerback ratings, displayed last night, and that's fine because we know it's nothing personal, just business.

Now we get to the safeties.

1.Indianapolis. Bob Sanders, the Defensive Player of the Year, and Antoine Bethea, the Pro Bowler, is the best combo in the game. Sanders is a hard hitter and unstoppable at times. This duo makes plays in the run and passing games. Sanders excelled to another level last season.

2.Baltimore. Ed Reed had an off-year last year, but we expect him to be better this season. And, his off-year is better than some players' elite seasons. Depth is an issue here, but we still like Dawan Landry at strong safety and team drafted two safeties.

3.Pittsburgh. Troy Polamalu is a Pro Bowler. No question. But injuries and inconsistent play hurt this unit. If Ryan Clark (spleen removed) returns and Anthony Smith matures, things should be much, much better.

4. Dallas. We debated about this because the Cowboys have two Pro Bowlers here in Roy Williams and Ken Hamlin. But we believe if Adrian Wilson (Arizona) hadn't gotten hurt in the middle of the season, Williams is watching the Pro Bowl on his flat screen. Still, Hamlin plays like a strong safety and Williams is still a force at times.

5.Washington. Ask Terry Glenn what he thinks of LaRon Landry. Glenn got his legs taken out from him by a Landry hit in last year's finale in Landover. TG was done for the day. Landry is a bidding star in the league. Watch.:notworthy :notworthy

Others of note: Arizona should be better with Antrel Rolle

moving to safety. Oakland has Michael Huff, Chicago has Mike Brown and of course, Denver and New England have quality vets.

Watchout for Buffalo, Donte Whitner is strong in run support. Philly, Minnesota and Carolina also have good safeties.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/07/safety-rankings.html

Even Dallas fans say Roy is a bum. Hilarious when writers try to use probowls to justify their ranking. Everyone else has the ranking go by 1 safety, but Dallas gets 2 to mewrit #4? Unless they are talking strictly about Ken Hamlin, who should be 1-2 spots lower. If they had just said Hamlin it would be arguable, but meritable.

I love how a Dallas now has good safeties when we all know that safety play is one of their weaknesses. Hamlin is decent but not great at all. Roy by himself is a lead weight for this tandem and moves them to the middle of the league at best.

LaRon is probably being overrated right now. He made some amazing plays last year but he missed an absolute ton of tackles. I'd guess it was just standard first year guy slump, but it's something I'll watch closely this year.

Just from what I could see re-watching the games, LaRon was pulled on at least one occasion because he missed a tackle.

Well I guess you're in luck, I'm sure Tank Johnson can find you a gun.

Or maybe TO can lend you some pills.

Pacman will just paralyze you, don't get him to help.

Roy can horsecollar you to death, but then he'll get fined.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bob Sanders is the most valuable to his team, not the best. Im tired of everybody bein up his ass, he is nothing but a safety that plays the run 80% of the time, so he is more involved with less over the top duties.

He's good, but he is more valuable to his team than anything else. Ed Reed dumps on Sanders.

Archived