Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Nailed It" Thread

elkabong82

My first post was probably the best in this regard...September, 2005:

"Looks like a tough sched, but I think 10-6 this year...and anything can happen in the playoffs with Gibbs at the helm.

Maybe I'm too much of a homer...but, that's what this site is for, right?"

Anyone remember this post from 2005?

One of the greatest predictions I've ever seen... from our good friend Mick.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115045

He made that prediction just before the game. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

best gameday prognastication in the history of the interwebz

*edit- forgot, he bumped the thread in December right before our 2nd game against the Boys at home... and he called for a thrashing... epic! :applause:

I remember that thread, too :applause: ...

Leading up to the 2001 draft I was begging the Redskins to draft guard Steve Hutchinson with our first rounder.

Instead we took WR Rod Gardner with Hutchinson going two picks later. Not only did we miss out on an elite LG at a position that has been a revolving door for us, but we also took a WR bust where FOUR Pro Bowl WRs were drafted after Gardner (S. Moss, C. Johnson, R. Wayne, S. Smith).

I knew that Rocky was going to be something special early on.

I remember a play where he was walking off the field, thinking he wasn't supposed to be in for that particular play and GW starts yelling at him and telling him to get back on the field.

It was third and short and Rocky sprints from the sideline and makes the hit on the RB as he jumps over the pile to stop the guy short.

I thought to myself, that's how you make up for mistakes--an impressive trait for a young player.

All i know is some guy named HB Skin predicted the coming of Zorn. I told him he was wrong "No soup for you" i believe was the expression, but man was i wrong. I think the man works on the inside.

I predicted that Deion would be a huge bust, and that there was no way he would earn the money that we paid him.

damn-i still think that was our worst signing

In terms of long-term damage, the Stubblefield signing was far worse. If you count the 1st and 3rd rounders we had to give up, Wilkinson comes in a close second.

I predicted the Landry signing :cool:

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193163&page=10&pp=15

Its fun to read back on peoples thoughts at that time. NO ONE wanted the safety tandem that GW was destined to build.

Wow. There are some gems in there.

"Nobody named Landry will play for the Skins"

and

"We won't get anything for Arch, nobody will pick up that contract."

are my favorites.

I predicted that and asteroid would fall from the District sky, releasing and ancient and powerful being capable of altering the very foundation of humanity and the National Football league. Then we drafted a punter in the 6th rd . Bingo Baby.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived