Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Columbia, SC Skins fans...

Skins&Terps07

Hey Guys,

I'll be down at USC for school starting this fall, and just wanted to see what the Redskins fan community was like down there. Are there any Redskins bars in Columbia? Where would anyone with experience recommend watching the games? Thanks in advance and see yall down in SC in August!

:cheers:

Hey man, just graduated from USC myself and there are quite a bit of Skins fans there. I was shocked at how many kids from northern VA go to USC and you'll find a good contingent of fans all around campus. A lot of love comes if you wear your Skins apparel around campus.

Best bars/places to go are Wild Wings in the Vista (easily the most populated), Damon's in the Vista is good too. A couple places in 5 Points show games, but it depends on the opponents. It's good to go to Pop's NY pizza if we're playing the Giants. Chubby's and Village Idiot in 5 Points show games too, just depends if the Panthers get top billing.

Either way, look around and you'll find great places with great deals, Skins fans are abound and show a lot of love. Cheer hard and good things will come to you, I promise!

I went to USC and lived in Columbia for 4 years... there were Skins' fans galore!

I was the lead singer for a pretty popular band down there and my lead guitarist was also from DC... some nights we'd come out in some serious Skins' gear and most of our crowds would just go nuts.

2611904573_edcf5570d2_o.jpg

2611904603_b2b1c91501_o.jpg

The Skins represented the Carolinas for several decades before the Panthers came around, and there are plenty of people in the Palmetto State who have stayed faithful.

The problem with catching games in SC, is that the Panthers AND Falcons have regional preference... So any place just playing the FOX/CBS games are usually going to be worthless. Your actual best bets are all in the Vista... I would try Damon's first, then either Wild Hare Sports Cafe, Carolina Wings, or Jillian's.

My guitarist and I finally got sick of trying to find the 'right spot' so we just bought NFL Ticket, got like 8 vintage Skins posters off EBAY, and turned our living room into a gathering ground for some of Columbia's most die-hard Skinaddicts. We had a ****ing Chip Lohmiller action figure above the TV...

Anyway man, have fun down there and make sure you grub-out at The Palmetto Pig at least once... it will seriously change your life.

South Carolina was and still is Redskin country. They shoved the panthers down out throats but most of us skin fans went and got DTV and the football package.The panthers are north carolina and SON We live in SOUTH Carolina.If you ever want to fish and can get to Charleston let me know.Visit my club site at stonoriverfishingclub.com :dallasuck

Congrats on going to USC, great decision. Don't let any tater fans tell you different. There are no real Skins viewing parties, but I'm willing to guess if you did some advertising and approached a bar about it, they would become the offical skins place since the Skins are huge down there.

My guitarist and I finally got sick of trying to find the 'right spot' so we just bought NFL Ticket, got like 8 vintage Skins posters off EBAY, and turned our living room into a gathering ground for some of Columbia's most die-hard Skinaddicts. We had a ****ing Chip Lohmiller action figure above the TV...

Anyway man, have fun down there and make sure you grub-out at The Palmetto Pig at least once... it will seriously change your life.

And why wast I aware of this?????:silly: anyway i just sprung for superfan so i gots da SKINS in HD!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should all def organize!!!:cheers:

I'm 70 miles from Columbia. There are Redskins fans here in Rock Hill.

Yeah, Skins fans are in the Hill but still no good place to watch. There's that fake Irish place near Cherry Park in the shopping plaza where the Winn Dixie used to be, but what is there past that? I couldn't dig up much with the Ticket.

I didn't find a good spot in Cola to watch. I took in a few games at Jillian's down in the Vista near Adluh Flour, but that was about it. Hope the Ale House works out better. In Raleigh, Hi5 was a great bar with a real Skins fan club, but SC isn't quite so lucky in my experience. Bobby Hartin's in Charleston is the closest I've seen to having a good group of Skins fans in SC.

Btw, unless he's going to school to learn 'bout Holsteins or, well, anything to do with math, the OP made the right decision. ;)

Bobby Hartin's in Charleston is the closest I've seen to having a good group of Skins fans in SC.

Yea quite a bit of Skins fans down here in Chucktown as well. I went to Bobby's for a preseason game last year, Couple other skins fans there. Funny thing is Bobby is a Cowboys fan :doh: , but the other guys on his radio show or skins fans.

the Ale House rock just cuz it does, never seen a Skins game there though. I hate watching games with non skins fans present. thats why i had to get sunday ticket, and i sprung for the super fan this year for FULL HD!!! Ale house has great food and the one in the vista has a cool atmosphere upstairs. anyways, I am out here in Irmo and i am not opposed to hosting skins fans for gameday i will even provide the everclear punch

Well sh** I'm down here in Conway and there aint a skins fan to be found!! I guess its all the jersey trash they let into Coastal...... Haha no offense to anyone from Jersey whose on the goodside. But seriously I have found a few skins fans down here mostly from Maryland and Northern Va, but then again myrtle beach isent a real place its all a dream.......

Archived