Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need advice on a car "accident"

Mickalino

The scratches were located near the "square" on the bottom right of the bumper. But they're so superficial that they're completely invisible in this pic.

I even BRIGHTENED the pic 2 levels higher, and they still don't show up !

06.jpg

Tell him you are going to report him for driving an unregistered vehicle...the reg sticker on that vehicle looks like it expired in March 2008 :D

I agree with GoSkins561...I'd let it slide for a couple of days and see what happens. Maybe the guy was just trying to see if he could scare you into an easy $200...but is not going to go through the hassle of chasing you down for a little scratchh???

Tell him you are going to report him for driving an unregistered vehicle...the reg sticker on that vehicle looks like it expired in March 2008 :D

I agree with GoSkins561...I'd let it slide for a couple of days and see what happens. Maybe the guy was just trying to see if he could scare you into an easy $200...but is not going to go through the hassle of chasing you down for a little scratchh???

:laugh: :owned:

Mick - isn't FL a no-fault insurance state? He has to fix the damage with his own insurance, then they go after you or your insurance company, IIRC.

That's not what no-fault means.

This is what you should have done first.

If he was insisting that it be fixed (cant tell from the pics) then tell him to call the cops. And then stop talking to him. Let the cops come and issue a ticket or decide none is needed. Then call your insurance company and inform them of the incident. At that point, you shouldnt speak with him, or his insurance company at all. Let your own company handle all of it.

What you need to do now though.

Dont call him. If he calls you, tell him he can either get 3 estimates and get them to you, or he can deal with your insurance company. Once you have the estimates, decide if it's it worth filing a claim over.

Or you can be an ass and not talk to him at all. No witnesses, no police report. He'd be f@#ked.

What you need to do now though.

Dont call him. If he calls you, tell him he can either get 3 estimates and get them to you, or he can deal with your insurance company. Once you have the estimates, decide if it's it worth filing a claim over.

Or you can be an ass and not talk to him at all. No witnesses, no police report. He'd be f@#ked.

Wow, no wonder he didn't want to get the cops involved if he had expired tags !!!

Thanks for noting that guys......Good eye....I feel much better now

Should I have a lawyer prepare the statement, or is it simple enough that I could phrase it ?

If you're willing to pay the lawyer, I would. Lots of people get scared when they see attorney's stationery.

~Bang

:laugh: :owned:

Finally I start a thread, where someone BESIDES ME gets owned :

Mr Illegal Driver !! :)

Now that I think about, Kilmer is right. At this point there is nothing documenting that you admit fault. Had you actually given him money, he could later make a claim against you and say that by giving him payment thus admitting you were at fault. Now that you have parted ways he has nothing on you. If he wants to be an ass, you can claim it never happened or go so far as to claim he was at fault.

The dilima will come if he starts handling this thing appropriatley. get insurnce involved and everything because now he's being nice and bam law suit out of no where. If he does become mister nice guy, make sure you get him to sign something saying he won't sue later.

Now that I think about, Kilmer is right. At this point there is nothing documenting that you admit fault. Had you actually given him money, he could later make a claim against you and say that by giving him payment thus admitting you were at fault. Now that you have parted ways he has nothing on you. If he wants to be an ass, you can claim it never happened or go so far as to claim he was at fault.

excellent, this thread started out depressing, and then took a 180 degree turn, and keeps getting better.

If you are going to deny it ever happened, having a whole thread on the internets including his license plate isn't going to help your cause. :)

:doh1: Sorry, man......I thought you were bein cruel, but you were actually being helpful.....didn't realize that deleting the thread would help my cause. Thanks

The $200 is fair and probably not enough(unless it buffed out),to be done right the cover has to be removed and disassembled then painted.

It can easily run $400 or more.

You really should not have given him a note admitting guilt(only info),but taking the pic was wise.

The $200 is fair and probably not enough(unless it buffed out),to be done right the cover has to be removed and disassembled then painted.

It can easily run $400 or more.

You really should not have given him a note admitting guilt(only info),but taking the pic was wise.

But if I refer him to you, you'll do the work for only $100, wont ya, twa ? :)

might want to photoshop that license plate too, i'd get pretty mad if someone posted my plate number on the internet :2cents:

good luck with everything though man, hope you get it all worked out.

*edit* doubt he'd find out his plate was posted though lol

might want to photoshop that license plate too, i'd get pretty mad if someone posted my plate number on the internet :2cents:

Yeah but we drive around all day and people see our license plates. Seeing the plate number on here can't hurt anyone.

Yeah but we drive around all day and people see our license plates. Seeing the plate number on here can't hurt anyone.

but you ever notice on documentary shows on TV, that they blur the license plate of cars ? i wonder what the rule is on that

good point, reason i posted that was cause i had somehow combined Mickalino's story and skinsnut73's story into one story lol. Thinking of the person suing over a little scratch for 60k, seems like the type of person that would sue over anything

but you ever notice on documentary shows on TV, that they blur the license plate of cars ? i wonder what the rule is on that

Yeah I don't understand why. I mean if we saw the same car in public we would have the plate number, so why blur it out on TV. :whoknows:

heres a little something i found on it but its just someone asking the same exact question as you with people posting comments on it.

http://wonko.com/post/whats_with_all_the_blurry_license_plates

So basically they're all speculating and none of them confirmed the answer ?

Now I wonder if I broke a law by doing it, if everyone else blurs the license plate, and maybe they're doing it for a reason ???

So basically they're all speculating and none of them confirmed the answer ?

Now I wonder if I broke a law by doing it, if everyone else blurs the license plate, and maybe they're doing it for a reason ???

I doubt it's illegal just for the fact that HogNose pointed out. You could easily write someones plate number down by following them. I can't seem to find anything on it though

Archived