Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need advice on a car "accident"

Mickalino

I googled it and couldnt find answers - just more speculation on forums - and they all say it's because of privacy - but that makes no sense......where's your privacy when you're driving down the road ?

If someone really wanted to go after random plates and look someone up, couldnt they do so on any road in the country ???

I still haven't found anything saying it's illegal so i wouldn't sweat it, especially since i've been searching it i have found that most states if not all, made it to where the public can't get access to information through plate numbers.

Here's a novel idea, how about doing what is right?

You hit the man's car. You caused damage - however minor. The driver/owner has every right to expect his car returned to the same condition it was before you hit him. The fact that his tags are expired is superfluous and should not enter into the discussion at all.

Own up Mick, be a man of character and do what is right. End of story.

What if I just "let it go" and see what it does. I know I was wrong, but it bothers me that someone would make such a big deal out of something almost invisible. Can he do anything legally with that note I wrote ?

YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A PHOTO OF WHAT YOU WROTE

THAT IS A MERCEDES NOTA BMW

200 MIGHT BE FAIR IF HE WERE TO ACTUALY GO GET IT APPRAISED AT AMERCEDES DEALERSHIP.

BUT W/E MAN I DONT SEE JACK IN THAT PIC SO THE DUDE IS JUST OVERREACTIN AND NEEDS TO GOTO WALMART AND GET SOME TOUCHUP

THE POLIEC WERNT CALLED

THEREFORE ITS NOT OFFICIAL, NO?

That's what you have insurance for. Give him your insurance info and be done with it. If you work a deal outside of your insurance, you may be on the hook for any other expenses that come up like "pain and suffering" damanges. Always go through your insurance so you are protected legally.

Report it to your insurance agent(send a brief note and keep a copy) and tell him you have no damage to claim and the other driver left, so you are only reporting the incident. If you don't have the other driver's info they won't waste a lot of time trying to pursue the claim and will likely close it with nothing paid.

Unless you gave him your insurance company info, the only way the other driver can get your insurance info is with help from the police or directly from you.

Obviously he doesn't want to get police involved so it will probably just go away. And if it doesn't, you've already notified your insurance so you're covered.

Archived