Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats the penalty for quitting Marine Boot Camp?

stoney26

How much does he weigh?

Is he athletic?

Does he take criticism well?

I have no clue what he weighs but hes not athletic and he doesnt take criticism well. Which were some of reasons I thought it was a bad idea for him to join.

Thanks for the post. Your probaly right, he does need some discipline. But I just dont want to see my little brother go to Iraq.

He could survive Iraq like many others but get killed by a random act of violence in Virginia and other areas inviting to thugs or ran over by a drunk driver while enjoying the summer.

When its your time its your time.

Im so sick of all the veterens who think they are so high and mighty because they served. Get off your high horse.

They ARE high and mighty because they served, you're post reaks of an arrogance against those who HAVE and ARE still sacrificing for the rest of us.

I have no clue what he weighs but hes not athletic and he doesnt take criticism well. Which were some of reasons I thought it was a bad idea for him to join.

My guess is that he is getting destroyed and whipped into shape. He is probably doing more push ups in a day than he has done his entire life.

Im so sick of all the veterens who think they are so high and mighty because they served. Get off your high horse.

hahaha. Listen, I'm a vet and I gave you some great advice.

I earned this high horse that you obviously have no idea how hard it is to earn. So while you're sitting under my "high horse" getting pissed on, enjoy it. It was a hard road to run.

They ARE high and mighty because they served, you're post reaks of an arrogance against those who HAVE and ARE still sacrificing for the rest of us.

So because they served they are allowed to talk down to and try to belittle people who havent served?? Screw that.

With the hard time the military got in recruiting and retaining it might be a bit more difficult.

He could propably go the mental route. Tell him to piss his pants and that the stress causes himself to release. It would be pretty nasty but they will let him go.

So because they served they are allowed to talk down to and try to belittle people who havent served?? Screw that.

The only thing you can do is appreciate the fact your brother is willing to sacrifice for our Great country. Our vets and people in the service deserve a lot of respect, more respect than others regardless if they went overseas or not.

Screw you. You asked about how to quit because it was just to hard and your brother could hack it. Then you got answers.

Do you think he would feel like a quitter for quiting? Ever?

It is suppose to make you quit. Better in boot than in the field.

You are the one with an attitude.

It's not about being high and mighty. It's about reading between the lines, knowing what you are getting yourself (even when having a reasonable expectation that you will be lied to, it's part of the game most of the time), and just sucking it up and pulling through it.

Trust me, basic training is no walk in the park.

I think we forgot to ask what week he is in? Because the first 3 or 4 weeks are the hardest, after that you have pretty much adjusted to their ways.

Also, it's not really wise to insinuate that everyone who signs the dotted line is naive or dumb. I made it through just fine and I'm doing a lot better than the mojority of people my age who went to college and didn't serve.

Military is a very good option. Basic training is half mental and half physical, pretty much anyone can do it if they put their heart and soul into it.

hahaha. Listen, I'm a vet and I gave you some great advice.

I earned this high horse that you obviously have no idea how hard it is to earn. So while you're sitting under my "high horse" getting pissed on, enjoy it. It was a hard road to run.

Yes you did give me great advise and I appreciate it and my comment wasnt directed at you. Ill go edit it.

Whats unjust about this war?? Come on man. And to call me dumb is naive of you. You think Im dumb because I think this war is unjust? :laugh: :laugh:

Uh yeah consideing it has been the liberal talking point for several years to cater to the anti war segment of the part while underming my military. Andit is funny how when there are successes its never mentioned in the media or by the Democrats but instead you see the poor terrorist portrayed a innocent victims.

If your brother is the selfish, clueless, wuss he sounds like then I hope he does get the heck out so he doesn't endanger others in his potential unit.

Though if he stays in he might mature surprise you and even himself.

Screw you. You asked about how to quit because it was just to hard and your brother could hack it. Then you got answers.

Do you think he would feel like a quitter for quiting? Ever?

It is suppose to make you quit. Better in boot than in the field.

You are the one with an attitude.

Yeah I did get answers from some than belittling comments that werent necessary.

Ummm...do you really have nothing else better to do than sit around and try to pick apart my posts??

I joined the Army at 17-18 and spent 11 years and then worked for the Air Force when i got out.

Not picking apart your post, was just pointing out that it didnt seem right, I could smell the hmmmm and hawwing and the real reason was.

He just wants out. the rest is just fluff.

It's o.k., not everyone can man up.

I will admit, right here, that I am a big ***** and would never think of joining the military.

The difference is, I won't jump at someone who served the way you are. I'll thank them for having the balls that I don't & move on.

And you'll see, that these folks won't "belittle" me.

It's all about respect.....

Listen pal....a lot of good men and women have fought, served and died for this country so you can sit on your ass typing on a message board and ***** about how much of an idiot your brother is and how unjust this war is.

You don't like the current US military situation....fine, I can respect that.

But these soldiers (especially those who fought in combat) deserve some respect for all the hell that they put up with in military service.

And I have never served in the military but I have many family members who have.

So get off YOUR high horse and quit acting so high and mighty because you've never served and think you're smarter than your bro. b/c he made a bad move and signed up without doing any research and get ready to face the mental and physical challenges of military service.

Hope your brother can get out with no problems.

Im done posting in this thread guys. Im sorry if I offended anybody as it was not my intent. I do respect people who have served just not the ones that think they are better than everybody else because they served. Againl, coolblue, thiebear, navydave, and anybody else I apologize. I got the answers I was looking for and Ill just leave it at that. And my comments "high and mighty" comments were rude and I shouldnt have said it.

Archived