Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The"Official" Battle of the Bands Contest (The MAIN/HOME)thread!

michael_33

lets just play it out guys...we are not in some big ole' hurry,to start this thing out...

All we need is 8 people who like music and want to play...Once we get the 26 people,it will be easy every time we move from letter to letter....

I would rather drag this out and play it the way we got it and have fun......then to cut it down to 20

If there weren't bands like

Asia

Abba

Avril livigne(Spell)

and many more,I would probably cut it down to 20....

We'll be alright...(We'll have it by tomorrow for sure...)

8 more, then I can get the names in a hat and shuffle them around and pair up the BANDS for the poll....

(Plus...I will be up early this morning fixing my dude at Goallineblitz)

So if we can at least get 8 band names,with the songs......(8 different users as well)I will go through and find the video's for them and we will be set...)

We should get the voting going by tomorrow night at the latest...(Just hang in there)

I love my song. One of my favs and reminds me of childhood.

Im also glad to see a lot of classic rock on here but I bet we all lose to something more poppy. Like the hot girl draft; your song cant just be great it has to be known by everyone.

Im gonna try to do southern rock or country for all of my letters. :laugh:

Michael, gotta appreciate the effort nice work. I do want to add, you are going to have your hands full with this one for a while.

Thank you GoSkins561....

Boy,you ain't kiddin'... :silly: I'm hoping that once we get the players in here,that the bands and songs will just start coming...

I'm probably going to have to use a separate thread for the "VOTING" and hopefully,I'll be able to edit that same POLL thread for the new songs and eventually new Letters...

I will keep everyone updated on what's going on,on this MAIN homepage thread here... :cheers:

I really think,this could be really cool....Nothing is much better than jammin' to some tunes...you know?(Except maybe having some of those models in the "HOT babe thread" on our lap...) :silly:

Michael will the same 26 people do this every week? Or will it be a first come first serve?

Good job putting this together :cheers:

Well...at this rate,it might be the same 26 people...lol :silly:

No..But to keep it fair,I'm going to keep as a "first come,first serve" so every member at Extremes has a fair shot at participating in this.

Besides..If for some reason,you miss out on getting your band for like letter"B"...you will only have to wait a week,to get back in there and get your Letter "C" band in here...

And I will be fair...I will just simply go down the list of replies and whoever has at least a Band Name and a Song...they will be in there... :cheers:

Hint:If for some reason,this takes off like crazy and there are a billion people on this thread....then just post your band Name and Song and forget about the link,as I can find it for you...OK.

Here's a good question, though I think a precedent has already been set with the pick of Alanis Morrisette and Alice Cooper. How were we planning on classifying bands named after people, ala Dave Matthews. In my alphabetized CD collection (mild OCD) I always go by last name. Are we going by first name from here on out? Dave Matthews would be under D, for instance?

Here's a good question, though I think a precedent has already been set with the pick of Alanis Morrisette and Alice Cooper. How were we planning on classifying bands named after people, ala Dave Matthews. In my alphabetized CD collection (mild OCD) I always go by last name. Are we going by first name from here on out? Dave Matthews would be under D, for instance?

Yea...I definately hear what you're saying....And alot of those names on the link I provided in my thread on a guide to help people find bands and solo artist are listed under their last names in the Alphabet as well....

I think if we go by the first name it will keep it simple,even though you are right about the last name search...(and when buying their CD's at the store...)

I think it will be easier in the long run,if we just take the 1st name as the main Letter in this Alphabet contest...

Otherwise,I will have my links and names like Adams,Bryan and so on...even though that is actually the correct way to do it...

But by going with Alice Cooper...Alanis.....Amy Grant......Alisha Keys......or whatever,will probably set up ok......

So if someone wants Clay Aiken...they can have him with the "C" lettering... :silly:

But yea...You can use Dave Mathews in the "D" lettering when we get to it... :cheers:

Make him a wild card for D and M. But, you have to use different songs.

Well...at this rate,it might be the same 26 people...lol :silly:

No..But to keep it fair,I'm going to keep as a "first come,first serve" so every member at Extremes has a fair shot at participating in this.

Besides..If for some reason,you miss out on getting your band for like letter"B"...you will only have to wait a week,to get back in there and get your Letter "C" band in here...

And I will be fair...I will just simply go down the list of replies and whoever has at least a Band Name and a Song...they will be in there... :cheers:

Hint:If for some reason,this takes off like crazy and there are a billion people on this thread....then just post your band Name and Song and forget about the link,as I can find it for you...OK.

Wow...still no Abba.... :notworthy

:applause: :silly:

Archived