Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The"Official" Battle of the Bands Contest (The MAIN/HOME)thread!

michael_33

"LETTER CHAMPIONS"

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

C

/

D

C

A)ACDC=EersSkins05

NEW=We will now run individual VS BATTLE polls for each matchup,so ALL songs can be heard and voters will take the time to vote after listening to each song between the 2 bands per poll!This offers a fair shot to those bands,that might not otherwise get their song listened to, for BIASED reasons or for not being as well known as other bands...(ALL entries should recieve a fair shot at winning,no matter their prestige or status/popularity)

NEWGuitar Hero Flashbacks=Located at the bottom of this page is a song that will be added nightly for your enjoyment!All songs that are added are located on any of the "Guitar Hero" series 1,2,3(80's) and so on...

NEWI have decided that voting will take place for 24 hours to the day/time I put up the poll.I will literally refresh the page to that exact time and we will find the winners(24 hours later).(Any and all votes after that specified time,will NOT count)I will use the Extremeskins timer/date for the refresh.

NEWVoting=Voting will be simple,once we get all the 26 bands.ALL members of Extremeskins.com will get 1 vote that they can cast on the ballot(Including Band/Song owners).If for some reason,a certain paired BAND matchup is TIED and no winner can be declared for that pair(after 24 hours),I reserve the right to extend the POLL time another 24 hours until a winner is declared!(This would also include all the other paired matchups getting extended votes an additional 24 hours)

NOTE:I will be creating a new separate thread,that is just for the POLLS and voting process!I will be editing that same thread for every letter we complete(A-Z).I will also have posted the WINNING BAND,SONG(LINK) and USER in Alphabetical order from Bands A-Z...

We start off Alphabetically with the Letter A and work our way to Z....

Since there are 26 letters in the alphabet,I thought we would have a showdown of 26 bands to compete against each other in a tournament till we find the winner of the letter A...(26 bands that start with the letter A,then B,then C and so on),till we have the winner of each letter facing each other randomly A-Z in the final "Battle of the bands" Tournament. :cool:

Now... since there might be a huge amount of people wanting to represent their band in this tourny,I will use the 1st 25 reply requests of the Letter A(I will have my band and song listed for each letter) ONLY to this thread...(so if your #26 who has replied to this thread on the letter A for your band like ABBA,then you are too late...Sorry!(ABBA won't be part of the tourny group)When we are done finding the champion for A,we will start all over on the letter B and then maybe you can have your band represent then, if your part of the 1st 25 thread replies to the thread when I edit it!(this site will help you find a band or performer,if you are having trouble) http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/store/smp_artistbrowse.html?cart=34220166881455772&type=a&alphabet=A here is another source that could help you http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Musicians_by_band&from=A

How will it work?

I will write down the 26 bands that we have on a piece of paper and put them in my Redskins hat....Each pair that I draw will be matched up against each other in a Bracket I will create for 26 teams...

Each person uses a U-tube video of YOUR band and only 1 song to represent!!and just post the band and song in your reply thread under mine...(or the link,which would be better so I don't have to go hunt for it)

I will also put your user name with the band and song,so you will be recognized,when on the tournament Bracket...OK!

Now(using ABBA as an example) if your band "Abba"(we'll say "dancing queen")advances past the 1st round of the "A" tournament,you must pick a different song for your next round!(So each round your band and song advance,you must select a different song everytime)I will make sure we have that settled,before continuing further in the tourny....(it's not a race or anything like that,so RELAX..OK?)Just make sure your quick at getting your Song and Band at least written down for me or a U-tube link!(If your Band advances to the next round,just edit your original reply/thread and add your NEW song and I will add the link like I always do!)But don't worry newbies....When we start a new letter (Like "B")I will go through the NEW pages of replies to find the NEW 25 bands,songs and users(I'm always #1 :) )

Whoever gets their bands in on time (1st 26) will get that link matched up against their opponent on this page!!OK...(Obviously,there will be a TON of editing,but it should be a blast!)

So how do we know who the winners are for each matchup?

I think the best way to do this, is to post a poll....I will put up the 13 paired Bands and their song(26 total) against each other on a poll...You will have the opportunity to vote which song you like the most between the 2 bands all around!Whoever recieves the most votes after 26 hours (between all 26 bands) advance to the next round of the "A" grouping.I will repeat the HAT drawing thing and it will continue till the FINAL matchup of the "A" group!

Then the "A" winner of the band,song and user name will go into the Final tournament of the A-Z "Battle of the Bands" tournament,which will be held later on,when we are ready...

Now this is the interesting part!!

Since you can't divide 26 equally without running into an odd number in the matchups(26,13...wouldn't work)

I have decided to allow BYE's for certain teams...in rounds 2,(12+1 bye band).....and in rounds 3 (6+1 Bye band)....

Then when we reach round 4,we will have the final 4!

How do we know,who gets the Bye round?

Whichever band in rounds 1 and 2 get the highest % of votes against their opponent!(So whichever ever band has the largest win% against their opponent after round 1,they will automatically advance to the 3rd round)

Obviously,if your band draws the Bye for after round 1 with your big WIN,you will definately NOT be qualified for the other BYE band as your not even matched up in round 2....(someone else's band and song advances...)

So post your band and song(U-tube link would be cool) on this thread and lets get started for the "Battle of the Bands" contest! :applause:

Remember=letter A(Note:you can use solo artists as well)....(and The "Band name" goes by the band name and NOT "The")Now Remember...!We will be using the Artists first name as the entry for these contests.(Alice Cooper,Alanis Morrisette,Amy Grant and so on...)

Boston http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcsVPis1iNs (More Than A Feeling)

(Don't Look Back)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQifd7O_N5k&feature=related (Foreplay/Long time)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/780666/boston_peace_of_mind/ (Peace of Mind)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqBD_rmIU4A&feature=related (Amanda)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk2yZ1CRDPk (A Man I'll Never Be)

(Higher Power)

(Let me Take You Home Tonight)

NOTE:I can probably find the link myself,as it will be listed in the polls when we matchup the artists against one another...(Just at least give me the song and the band and I can get the rest..OK!) :cheers:

Your Nightly Guitar Hero Flashback

-----------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8ymBR2Ufo&feature=user

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FxaJKm9sdI

My pick is;

Dire Straits

Sultans of Swing - (Live)

FAIL!

Pantera - Im broken

MORE FAIL!

Guys, I think we're on the A's right now. Although Michael, has it occured to you just how long this is going to take? You want to do a tournament for every letter, then a final tournament? So we're talking 27 tournaments here? That seems like a hell of a task. Also, are there even 25 bands that start with X or Q?

Whatever, it's your idea, but that's a hell of a lot of work. For the A category, I nominate Audioslave; Like a Stone.

Edit* No YouTube at work, will have to upload the video later.

2nd Edit, someone tell me if this works.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1j823QH6cU

FAIL!

MORE FAIL!

Guys, I think we're on the A's right now. Although Michael, has it occured to you just how long this is going to take? You want to do a tournament for every letter, then a final tournament? So we're talking 27 tournaments here? That seems like a hell of a task. Also, are there even 25 bands that start with X or Q?

Whatever, it's your idea, but that's a hell of a lot of work. For the A category, I nominate Audioslave; Like a Stone.

Edit* No YouTube at work, will have to upload the video later.

2nd Edit, someone tell me if this works.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1j823QH6cU

So I have to wait until teh d's in order to enter my dominating performance?

So I have to wait until teh d's in order to enter my dominating performance?

I think you can pick a band for every letter if you answer before other people. Although you taking the Dire Straights from me for the letter D means I'll need a backup plan.

So, do we have to stick to any genre, or is any band up for grabs? Say, could someone nominate Andrew Lloyd Webber?

...Waiting for someone to nominate Ashlee Simpson or Avril Lavigne...:laugh:

As long as the band or individual starts with the letter "A",they can enter this contest...

It can be RAP,Country,Thrash or whatever...doesn't matter... :cheers: Remember....The band,1 song.....

I'm not entering 12 Alice in Chains into the tournament... :silly: "Would" is taken as well as Alice in Chains...

Maybe you should just to A-Z 26 entries in total, this thing will last 15 years.

Depends on how long the POLLS are open for....(still deciding on that)Originally thought 26 days,but thats way too long...

Like if the Polls were for 24 hours we could have the champions of each Letter("A")for every real week....if you figure (round 1=26,round 2=12+1,round 3=6+1,round 4=4,round 5=2,then champion for "A" catagory...)

So basically...every week we would have a champion for every letter in the Alphabet(26 weeks till the final showdown of "Battle of the Bands" Tournament!(final tournament would take 1 week)a,b,c,d,e and so on...)

That's of course if we do the polls every day...(I'll let everyone know when it begins and everything)

Depends on how long the POLLS are open for....(still deciding on that)Originally thought 26 days,but thats way too long...

Like if the Polls were for 24 hours we could have the champions of each Letter("A")for every real week....if you figure (round 1=26,round 2=12+1,round 3=6+1,round 4=4,round 5=2,then champion for "A" catagory...)

So basically...every week we would have a champion for every letter in the Alphabet(26 weeks till the final showdown of "Battle of the Bands" Tournament!(final tournament would take 1 week)a,b,c,d,e and so on...)

That's of course if we do the polls every day...(I'll let everyone know when it begins and everything)

So your looking at several months at least?

Based on your current rate of enrollment your looking at a pretty slim tourney.

Archived