Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The"Official" Battle of the Bands Contest (The MAIN/HOME)thread!

michael_33

OK people,we're almost there....Lets try to fill the 6 remaining slaughts today ok...

Once we do,I can shake'm up,shuffle'm around and draw from my hat and draw your first opponent for round 1...

Don't forget to check my main thread for NEW updates every so often?I'll keep everyone in the loop,before we start voting and all that stuff though ok...(So just sit back and hope 6 more people like music that begin with the letter "A" and we can get this ball rolling!)

Again,We are not in a big hurry,but the sooner we get started....the sooner we can run through the alphabet and get to the BIG A-Z "Battle of The Bands"...competition!

C'mon people...this game is real simple....Just pick a band that starts with the letter "A" and a song they sing and you can enter this tournament!

Don't even worry about the link,if you don't want too...I can find one for ya....6 more people and we can get started...

Why not change the game to everybody picks a band from A-Z with one song per band and then battle them. This is going to take a year and it'll be a second job for you.

Anybody can pick their bands at anytime. After they are all assembled, you can match them up.

With a 26 band roster, even if some people have the same bands doing the same songs in a round, they will still have 25 other bands to vote on.

Why not change the game to everybody picks a band from A-Z with one song per band and then battle them. This is going to take a year and it'll be a second job for you.

Anybody can pick their bands at anytime. After they are all assembled, you can match them up.

With a 26 band roster, even if some people have the same bands doing the same songs in a round, they will still have 25 other bands to vote on.

I hear what your saying and we may go that route,if it takes much longer to get 6 more bands(users)

But I have this sneakin' suspicion,that once I get the POLLS up and people start voting that are not participating in the game at that time....they are going to want to join in seeing how easy it is to play....

I mean really...who doesn't like some sort of music?

That's what will make this tourny fun....Not just the elimination rounds and maybe getting your BAND in the big "BATTLE of The BANDS" contest,but the rush to get your BAND in on time to participate...That's what will make it fun is that there IS 26 letters to run through....

Shoot,I may even want to take a break and give up my 1st BAND selection...

(I've made some inquiries,so we might be getting some BANDS in here real soon....)

6 is not that many...Just hang on bud...We'll get there :cheers:

NOTE:I've already got the names on a piece of paper for the drawing for the shuffle and I'm just waiting for 6 more entries...

Then the Matchups will be presented and the Tournament will begin....(TRUST ME...I'm getting restless too!)

It probably doesn't even matter, all these **** rockers aren't voting for my country listening ass.

It's...It will ok buddy.....You think I won't be eliminated with Air Supply the 1st round....Lets just have fun! :) Besides...you never know what Blondie and all the others that will eventually be curious about this Tourny....There may be more Country fans than we know....

I'd vote for ya,if we didn't only have 1 vote... ;):cheers:

Hopefully it will come down to people actually listening to each song and voting for the best band, not just their favorite style of music...

I guess we'll see! I'm just here to have fun and hopefully find some new music to listen to.

I'm thinking about not SHOWING the name of the BAND and only the USER NAME and the LINK,so people will actually have to click on the link to know what they are voting for...

Should I do this?Do you agree...?Or do you want me to post the BAND,SONG,USER and the Link....?

Which do you two prefer....(I'm on the fence actually....)

I'm thinking about not SHOWING the name of the BAND and only the USER NAME and the LINK,so people will actually have to click on the link to know what they are voting for...

Should I do this?Do you agree...?Or do you want me to post the BAND,SONG,USER and the Link....?

That's actually not a bad idea, it would eliminate (hopefully) at least a little bit of bias before the song started. Unless they just read the title on the youtube page.

Well that would work but once they load up the YouTube link and see like in my case as well as a few others that it is a metal band and there is "screaming" they will probably just close the window regardless of how incredible the music is.

I am just hoping that since the singer of my band is a pretty good looking German chick, I will go to round 2! :laugh:

Well that would work but once they load up the YouTube link and see like in my case as well as a few others that it is a metal band and there is "screaming" they will probably just close the window regardless of how incredible the music is.

I am just hoping that since the singer of my band is a pretty good looking German chick, I will go to round 2! :laugh:

I definately hear ya bud! :cheers:

The cool thing,is they will be itching to see who you are competing against....

(however...so far i have it as just 1 vote per person to avoid 2 votes by the same user)1 vote you...and 1 vote to your opponent would be dumb by the same user...

If I can find a way to create a voting system where 1 user can vote for each pairing of 2 bands,then I will..(13 pairs total)13 votes...that would be tight!! :cheers:

Archived