Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nadal is laying a huge ass whipping on Federer right now.

Zen-like Todd

Guest sith lord
Anyone else watching this?

..edit... it's over in straight sets.

Nadal over Federer, 6-1, 6-3, 6-0.

Nadal CAN'T be beat on clay. No, way, no how. That being said, Federer seems to have lost a step this year.

Guest sith lord
I just caught the tail end of the last match, and it looks like somebody is out there in a Federer suit playing in his place, because Nadal totally destroyed him. It's alright for Federer fans though, because he still controls Wimbledon every year.

I have a feeling that Nadal will beat him this year.

Wimbledon will be interesting. Nadal has gotten to the finals there for the last two years, and given Federer a good match. I really wouldn't be surprised at all if he breaks through this year.

Incidentally, Nadal is 5 years younger than Federer (Nadal turned 22 a couple of days ago, Federer turns 27 in August).

Wimbledon will be interesting. Nadal has gotten to the finals there for the last two years, and given Federer a good match. I really wouldn't be surprised at all if he breaks through this year.

Incidentally, Nadal is 5 years younger than Federer (Nadal turned 22 a couple of days ago, Federer turns 27 in August).

If Nadal wins Wimbledon this year, no question he'll be #1. But 4 straight French Opens is impressive. Last person to do it was Bjron Borg.

Nadal is getting better every year, and Federer may be starting to fade ... these back-to-back French Open/Wimbledon matchups have been great tennis in the past few years, and I'll definitely look forward to it in a few weeks.

Rafael Nadal can only win on clay. So that makes him mediocre in my mind. Pete Sampras won on three different surfaces. Andre Agassi has won on all four. Roger Federer has won on three(although he's been to the French open finals multiple times).

The only reason Nadal is ranked 2 is because he's the best player on clay. He just can't play on any other surface. That makes him mediocre. I'd say that in terms of versatility, Djokovic is the second best player after Roger Federer right now.

Rafael Nadal can only win on clay. So that makes him mediocre in my mind. Pete Sampras won on three different surfaces. Andre Agassi has won on all four. Roger Federer has won on three(although he's been to the French open finals multiple times).

The only reason Nadal is ranked 2 is because he's the best player on clay. He just can't play on any other surface. That makes him mediocre. I'd say that in terms of versatility, Djokovic is the second best player after Roger Federer right now.

Nadal has made it to the Wimbledon finals for two years in a row. He made it to the semis in Australia this year. He is getting better at the other surfaces.

Djokovic is also very good, but it will be interesting to see what happens at Wimbledon. I think both of them are getting better year after year, and it will be fun to watch them take us into the post-Federer era.

Regardless. If you can beat one of the best of all time 3 straight times in a major championship you are above mediocre.

I wish an American could whip this pinko Europeans.

Why? The American's don't play any sort of game. These "pinko Europeans" are far better, more varied, conditioned, and smarter players than Roddick or Blake. You know why the US doesn't contend on clay? Because the players don't train, prepare, or care for it. Jim COurier loved clay court tennis. Ditto Agassi. Federer and Nadal are all time players. They'd crush any of the past great US players. James Blake is a total fraud who artificially inflates his ranking by playing every single minor torunament that none of the big player play. Andy Roddick could care less about clay court tennis.

Archived