Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anniversary Gift for Parents?

WizSkinsO's

My brother and I never celebrated our parents' anniversary. They saw it as their day, and it was. Maybe that's kind of a unique approach, but it worked for us.

I can tell you this though. As a parent, the best gift I can receive is something my kids make themselves. If you have any sort of gift for writing, pen them a poem. Have it printed up nice somewhere, and have it framed. I promise you they'd like that more than anything you could pick up in a store.

My brother and I never celebrated our parents' anniversary. They saw it as their day, and it was. Maybe that's kind of a unique approach, but it worked for us.

I'm the same way HH. An anniversary is a special date between two people.

If you wanna do something, I'd suggest making them dinner or taking them someplace nice for dinner.

What about getting them tickets to a dinner or brunch cruise? The Odyssey is based out of DC and is pretty awesome. I planned a bridal shower brunch and we had a great time. The only thing is that it's kinda pricey.

They sent me an email earlier this week:

Buy 2 Tickets, Get 2 Free

Spectacular Summer Special - Book at least 2 tickets on any dinner cruise date below and get 2 Tickets Free with Promotion Code: "SSS"! Use this discount code when you book online or mention it to your ticket agent when booking by phone.

Summer Special Dates:

* Tuesday, June 17 - Dinner Cruise

* Sunday, July 6 - Dinner Cruise

* Sunday, July 13 - Dinner Cruise

The entire family did :silly:

It was a special occasion, so we went all out. For another anniversary, we rented a limo and had it take them around DC and MD where they grew up and then took them to dinner.

You're a freeloader. Just admit it. :laugh:

Too much "we" and not enough "I".

:applause:

What about getting them tickets to a dinner or brunch cruise? The Odyssey is based out of DC and is pretty awesome. I planned a bridal shower brunch and we had a great time. The only thing is that it's kinda pricey.

They sent me an email earlier this week:

Buy 2 Tickets, Get 2 Free

Spectacular Summer Special - Book at least 2 tickets on any dinner cruise date below and get 2 Tickets Free with Promotion Code: "SSS"! Use this discount code when you book online or mention it to your ticket agent when booking by phone.

Summer Special Dates:

* Tuesday, June 17 - Dinner Cruise

* Sunday, July 6 - Dinner Cruise

* Sunday, July 13 - Dinner Cruise

The brunch cruise is definitely money, my wife and I went on one for our first anniversary. Just watch out because its now getting into summer time, and it was so hot when we went on the dinner cruise. My wife is Middle Eastern so she was right at home, I'm the whitest white boy (unless she forces me to tan), and I burned while wearing a button down shirt. How does that happen?

Archived