Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gas, Razors, Peanut Butter

Blondie

With rise in prices of major consumer goods, such as gas, and according to Mick, razors, and PCS says peanut butter, I thought I would ask.........has your electricity bill increased?

I belong to an electric cooperative. The price per kilowatt is usually a bit lower compared to some prices in major urban areas here in Texas.

I keep my thermostat at 80 when I am at work, and lower to 75 when I go to bed. I have ceiling fans in all rooms, and a large floor fan in the living room. Usually, my house is comfortable. Not cold, but comfortable.

The summer has not hit yet........but the last 2 weeks, we have hit close to 100 degrees. I am anxiously awaiting my next bill. My last one was $100.00

So, what are you paying? My house has right at 1500 sf cooling area.

I totally thought this was going to be a kinky thread.

Boy do I feel embarrassed that Im in my leather mask with zipper mouth.

Oh crap.

We DID date didn't we.

I think I still have your jar of peanut butter under the bed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

wouldnt it be cheaper to just have the ac set to 70 versus having 10 fans running

:laugh:

Actually it is 6 fans.......3 in bedrooms......one in living room.....one in kitchen.

I actually think they use less electricity than the AC. At least, I would think they would.

Razors? I use Quattro blades and buy them in bulk at eBay - save a ton of money that way.

Gas? I'm still recovering from surgery and won't be driving for quite a while. And I work from home - the commute is great. :cool:

Electric? Ceiling fans are great and I use them a lot. Summer nights in South Jersey tend to be cool and comfortable - natural AC is awesome. Need to use the AC during the day and sometimes at night. My bill in the summer runs about $80 on average - prolonged heat waves can take it to $110. Winter electric bills average about $45.

Consumer goods? Coupons and discounts are certainly used. No peanut butter - I'm allergic to it.

:laugh: You ain't right boy.

Blondie, in some cases, it's better to leave your thermostat at a set position, with the fan set to On, not Auto. Keeps a constant temperature, and requires less demand from AC unit to cool things back down, verses keeping them steady.

:rotflmao:Yeah when I saw "peanut butter" I got excited until I figured the gas and razors might be painful.

:laugh: You ain't right boy.

Blondie, in some cases, it's better to leave your thermostat at a set position, with the fan set to On, not Auto. Keeps a constant temperature, and requires less demand from AC unit to cool things back down, verses keeping them steady.

I thought ON would make it run all the time.

Is that not right?

your windows are very important. Low-E is the way to go and out here in CA if you have that style of window the power company gives you a discount on your bill. SC is right too with insulation, I would check the attic to see how old it is. You can tell by the color and how flat and shredded it looks.

I thought ON would make it run all the time.

Is that not right?

Makes the fan run all the time, the AC compressor only kicks on when needed. just like when it's on auto. The fan staying on constantly, keeps the air moving, and helps keep a balanced temperature throughout the house. Provided your vents and returns are set up well.

your windows are very important. Low-E is the way to go and out here in CA if you have that style of window the power company gives you a discount on your bill. SC is right too with insulation, I would check the attic to see how old it is. You can tell by the color and how flat and shredded it looks.

I put the blown in insulation when i built my house. It is less then a year old so everything is still tight on it. If you have a crawlspace check the insulation there also. Where ever you get the most sun during the way tinting the window helps more then you would think.

In Maryland a couple years ago they de-regulated the electricity industry, figuring competition would drive prices down.

well, imagine that, no one built any power plants, and last year when the law allowed, the electrical companies in our area raised rates by as much as 80%.

I belong to a cooperative too, and our rates went up 73% last summer.

Simply because the law allowed them to.

Way to go.

~Bang

Makes the fan run all the time, the AC compressor only kicks on when needed. just like when it's on auto. The fan staying on constantly, keeps the air moving, and helps keep a balanced temperature throughout the house. Provided your vents and returns are set up well.

Ax, are you sure about that. Do you have a link so i can show my parents :laugh:

In Maryland a couple years ago they de-regulated the electricity industry, figuring competition would drive prices down.

well, imagine that, no one built any power plants, and last year when the law allowed, the electrical companies in our area raised rates by as much as 80%.

I belong to a cooperative too, and our rates went up 73% last summer.

Simply because the law allowed them to.

Way to go.

~Bang

Yea man our prices in MD are outrageous. I had high bills but put a new ac/heating system recently, my old system was sucking up kilowats like crazy and wasnt very efficient. Well my last bill was $300 less than the pervious month, but that was from using heat most of the time, to using the AC since our last bill. I am awaiting to see if this next bill is about the same or lower than the last. *crosses fingers*

All of you guys and gals paying $80-100 per month have got it good! stop bi0tching :)

Archived