Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movies you would like to see be made.

Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell are both being made into movies, (if I've read things right that is. 2010 is the rumored year they come out). Very cool. Hope they don't blow it. On the remake front, I'd like to see them do Doom in a much better way and more true to the game, than what they came out with. Something that will give you the creeping whim whams while watching it and sleep with the light on. :)

<Eye of the World by the late Robert Jordan>

I think that would be second on my list after Ender's game.

Though, I can't imagine them getting too far in that series beyond the first book without some serious abridgement (i.e., compact the story back down to where it should have remained, with the original trio)

I also agree with everyones' comments concerning Starship Troopers. I've never been so pissed off in regards to the screen adaptation of a film. I do understand that truly representing the power suits as Heinlein originally described them and the tactics involved would have been iffey on the big screen (hey, look we're following one guy, who is shooting stuff over the horizon, snore....). But the resulting movie truly sucked.

After reading Rogue Warrior in the early 90's, I was a big Richard Marchinko fan. Read Red Cell and was less impressed. Started getting into his pure fiction books, and I became pretty convinced the guy was blowhard. Might have been the shiz-nits back in the day; but a bit too full of himself for me to rightfully cheer for his success... ever.

Finally, I'd love to see Paradise Lost made into a flick. I don't think it'd matter what religion is, John Milton painted a mesmerizing tale regarding the Fall of Man. I don't think they'd ever be able to do it justice, but if they could -- it'd certainly has the story to be incredible.

Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell are both being made into movies, (if I've read things right that is. 2010 is the rumored year they come out). Very cool. Hope they don't blow it. On the remake front, I'd like to see them do Doom in a much better way and more true to the game, than what they came out with. Something that will give you the creeping whim whams while watching it and sleep with the light on. :)
Yes,Spinter Cell comes in 2010 and Peter Berg directs it,not bad.

call me gay, but i'd love to see an actual movie made based on "where the red fern grows."

i know disney did one, but it was awful.

my favorite book of all time. Old Dan and Little Ann.

I got a blue tick coonhound because of the dog that couldnt catch the "ghost coon" from the town next door...

I read those. Good books, but repetitive after his autobiography.

Funniest part of those books is when he's talking about taking a :toilet: in his wetsuit.

:laugh:

thats why I said Rogue Warrior but no further then Red Cell which is the second one..

my favorite book of all time. Old Dan and Little Ann.

I got a blue tick coonhound because of the dog that couldnt catch the "ghost coon" from the town next door...

i read that book at least 10 times in 5th and 6th grade. probably 10 times since then. only book i've ever read more than once.

my 4 year old is being introduced now. i'm scared i might let a tear slip at the end when reading it to him (strange how having kids turns you into a big softie)

i read that book at least 10 times in 5th and 6th grade. probably 10 times since then. only book i've ever read more than once.

my 4 year old is being introduced now. i'm scared i might let a tear slip at the end when reading it to him (strange how having kids turns you into a big softie)

I bought it off Amazon :laugh:

and I still drop a tear. Nothing gets to a man like the bond between him and his dogs...:(

I bought it off Amazon :laugh:

and I still drop a tear. Nothing gets to a man like the bond between him and his dogs...:(

i still have the same copy i bought at the book fair in 6th grade. still hasmy name and the R-6 (first letter of my teachers last name and the grade) that we used to identify our stuff.

THE STOLEN VILLAGE

True story account of a 17th century raid on Ireland by Barbary Pirates

StolenVillage2.jpg

I just started reading it. So far so good. I think the storyline would make into a great movie.

Plot Summary:

"In June 1631 pirates from Algiers and armed troops of the Turkish Ottoman Empire, led by the notorious pirate captain Morat Rais, stormed ashore at the little harbour village of Baltimore in West Cork. They captured almost all the villagers and bore them away to a life of slavery in North Africa. The prisoners were destined for a variety of fates -- some would live out their days chained to the oars as galley slaves, while others would spend long years in the scented seclusion of the harem or within the walls of the Sultan's palace. The old city of Algiers, with its narrow streets, intense heat and lively trade, was a melting pot where the villagers would join slaves and freemen of many nationalities. Only two of them ever saw Ireland again. The Sack of Baltimore was the most devastating invasion ever mounted by Islamist forces on Ireland or England. Des Ekin's exhaustive research illuminates the political intrigues that ensured the captives were left to their fate, and provides a vivid insight into the kind of life that would have awaited the slaves amid the souks and seraglios of old Algiers.

The Stolen Village is a fascinating tale of international piracy and culture clash nearly 400 years ago and is the first book to cover this relatively unknown and under-researched incident in Irish history."

Killing Pablo. The Mark Bowden (of Black Hawk Down fame) book about the rise and fall of Columbian drug lord Pablo Escobar, who was a bad ass mother****er.

imdb is your friend

bkreview-03.jpg

Overview

Director:

Joe Carnahan

Writers:

Mark Bowden (book)

Joe Carnahan (screenplay)

Release Date:

2009 (USA) more

Genre:

Action | Drama | Crime more

Plot:

The true story of how the Colombian gangster, Pablo Escobar, was assassinated and his Medellin cocaine... more

MV5BMTM3OTE2ODc3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQ5NTYyMQ@@._V1._SX23_SY30_.jpgChristian Bale ... Major Steve Jacoby

MV5BMjAzNjQ3NDc2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTk2NjQxMQ@@._V1._SX23_SY30_.jpgJavier Bardem ... Pablo Escobar

i thought splinter cell got shelved. I remember being totally ready to see it when the teaser came out with Chaos theory, but its been years since that game came out.

Archived