Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coming Over From Australia This Season And I Need Help.

ozskin

I figured I've waited long enough, so this season I'm coming over. I picked out the 4 game stretch that i want to go to, which are-

- vs Steelers

- vs Cowboys

- @ Seattle

- vs Giants

....but, there are a lot of things i need to know, so here comes the questions.

1: With getting tickets to the games, i was looking at site called stubhub.com (link was on redskins.com). Is this where i should get them, and if not where should i go? Has anyone had experience with them before? Is ebay an option?

2: With travelling to Seattle, I don't want to be stuck in the middle of Seahawk fans, so is there a redskins section or something like that? Is there any sort of travelling package deals (game tickets/flights/hotels) that the team puts on for road games?

3: Is easy to get to fedex by public transport?

I have a thousand other things to figure out, but these are the main one's so far. If there's any other info you think would be helpful, let me know and i hope have a beer with you guys soon, Thanks.

Stubhub is very easy and they guarantee all the tickets that are purchased. I wouldn't purchase a ticket from ebay as I've heard of numerous occasions where the ticket was not real. HOWEVER, before purchasing from Stubhub, try and purchase a ticket from someone on ES.

In regards to the Seattle tickets, they are very roudy fans and pack the stadium throughout. I believe you can go onto Redskins.com and try and purchase the package for that game and have a better chance of other Skins fans being in your section. However, they are going to be all over that stadium and will be the most obnoxious fans in the NFL. Yes, even worse than the Eagles fans.

Yes, it is very easy to get to the stadium with public transporation as there is a subway stop 5 minutes from the stadium and stadium buses will transport you to the game from there for a fee.

1. For the home games, I prefer eBay the week before the game.

2. I've been to Seattle games twice. No, there's no Redskins section, you'll have to tough it out. :) But stay out of the endzone bleachers. The Redskins don't have travel package deals, but certain travel agents do. Somebody else might know more about this. Also, there may be an ES tailgate planned for that game.

3. Yes.

The Redskins don't have travel package deals, but certain travel agents do. Somebody else might know more about this. Also, there may be an ES tailgate planned for that game.
This SUCKS! I used Redskins Travel to go to the 49ers game in 2004 and the Green Bay game last year. It was great. I actually got to stay at the Westin SF with the team. I ate b/w Larry Sonny and Sam and Lavar.

I figured I've waited long enough, so this season I'm coming over. I picked out the 4 game stretch that i want to go to, which are-

- vs Steelers

- vs Cowboys

- @ Seattle

- vs Giants

....but, there are a lot of things i need to know, so here comes the questions.

1: With getting tickets to the games, i was looking at site called stubhub.com (link was on redskins.com). Is this where i should get them, and if not where should i go? Has anyone had experience with them before? Is ebay an option?

2: With travelling to Seattle, I don't want to be stuck in the middle of Seahawk fans, so is there a redskins section or something like that? Is there any sort of travelling package deals (game tickets/flights/hotels) that the team puts on for road games?

I have a thousand other things to figure out, but these are the main one's so far. If there's any other info you think would be helpful, let me know and i hope have a beer with you guys soon, Thanks.

1. I would not advise stubhub, they make you over pay so much and ebay/classified section on ES are much cheaper and just as easy.

2. edit, apparently i was mistaken.

3. Yes extremely easy to get to fedex by public transportation.

stop by southeast DC, they can help you with all of your questions

:secret: :secret: :secret: :secret:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

3) public transportation there is as simple as it can get. theres a stop not even a mile from the stadium that you can walk to the stadium from.

stop by southeast DC, they can help you with all of your questions

:secret: :secret: :secret: :secret:

Is Nationals Park not in the south east?

If so, been there done that. :laugh:

Yeah, the whole "Southeast DC is horrible" thing is pretty outdated. Maybe 10 years ago you had to stay out of SE, but nowadays there are parts of SE that are some of the nicests parts of the city. Lincoln Park, for example - beautiful area. And down by the Navy Yard and the new stadium are great as well.

Need to replace "Southeast DC" with Anacostia or parts of NE - because that is where you don't want to be after dark.

1. Always look to ES first-- it's your best bet...However, because you are coming from so far and probably want as much planned in advance, I like ebay:

As long as buy from a reputable seller with good ratings, there shouldn't be a problem at all. I went on a two-week cross country football road trip last year. We saw 5 games (2 Redskins games and 3 college games) and I got all of the tickets through ebay. We saved a ton of money that way and had NO problem with the tickets. I bought them all MONTHS in advance so there was ample time to make sure I got what I paid for.

. The Redskins don't have travel package deals, but certain travel agents do. Somebody else might know more about this. Also, there may be an ES tailgate planned for that game.

I signed up on this site for offers and entered to win an away package.(just your name and email) Seems as if they will have some arrangements but maybe its too early to buy them.

http://www.owt.net/redskinstravel/

Well, you got answers from folks that know better than I do about your questions but nobody has said WELCOME!!! Have a great visit to the states. I hope you get to do DC and Seattle as well as seeing the games. Great thing about DC is that most of the attractions are FREE. Have a super month!

Well, you got answers from folks that know better than I do about your questions but nobody has said WELCOME!!! Have a great visit to the states. I hope you get to do DC and Seattle as well as seeing the games. Great thing about DC is that most of the attractions are FREE. Have a super month!
Good luck with that flight! lol...that's one loooooong-ass plane ride. And hope you get to go to each of the games :cheers:...

Cheers guys. Yeah i hope it all works out. I'm all hyped up for it already and it's freakin May.

Thanks for all the info guys. Very helpful :cheers:

1. I have personally never bought any tickets from StubHub so I cant vouch for them. However I have bought parking passes on Ebay, as well as sold tickets to games on Ebay when I have needed to. Definitely check out the classifieds here on ES first - this is how we try to ensure that any tickets sold go to another Skins fan (I have only sold mine on Ebay as a last resort) And the other bonus to that people on here generally are not looking for profit from the sale - usually face value or pretty close to it.

As far as having a beer..you definitely have to put the ExtremeSkins Tailgate on your radar. We always party in the Green Lot, at section E43. Within the timeframe of the week before each game there is a thread about the tailgate in tailgate section here on ES organized by Pez & Huly. Absolutely stop by. Although we always have a great time - the MNF game vs Steelers will be off the hook. Its also the night before the presidential election LOL. Safe trip!

:cheers: Susan

I was in Boston the other day and went to a Red Sox game Wed. night.

Since it was sold out we called stubhub and bought two seats for $140 total.

What we had to do was show up at the stubhub building no more than two hours before the game and show id and we got the tix. No problems. Hardest thing was just figuring out where the building was (was only one block from Fenway). Not sure if the local stubhub is the same here in DC.

:logo:

I was in Boston the other day and went to a Red Sox game Wed. night.

Since it was sold out we called stubhub and bought two seats for $140 total.

What we had to do was show up at the stubhub building no more than two hours before the game and show id and we got the tix. No problems. Hardest thing was just figuring out where the building was (was only one block from Fenway). Not sure if the local stubhub is the same here in DC.

:logo:

The stubhub pickup office in DC is a block from Verizon Center actually, and pretty easy to find

just in case you ever needed to know :laugh:

2: With travelling to Seattle, I don't want to be stuck in the middle of Seahawk fans, so is there a redskins section or something like that? Is there any sort of travelling package deals (game tickets/flights/hotels) that the team puts on for road games?.

Keep in contact with me about Seattle. As it gets closer, I'll be helping in the Tailgate planning. We had problems last year, so we want to organize as much as possible for this game. As far as seating, I think you would be better getting them from the Skins site, as even on the 'visitor' side, it's packed with druken, heckling Hawks fans.

~Lori

Archived