Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snake!

Bang

Not the snake you think,, today I go for a colonoscopy!

Yay!

And while that in itself isn't anything to talk about, I figured since I am sitting here drinking this unbelievably DISGUSTING Fleet Phospho-Soda, maybe you all can suffer too.

So, if you have been through this procedure, hopefully you can now taste the memory of that awful stuff, and are grimacing accordingly.

And if not, HA! One of these days you will have to drink this, and believe you me buddy, it is the most vile, terribly disgusting stuff you're ever going to force down your throat. (You may seriously want to consider dying early enough to avoid it. After you've had your first sip, you'll realize that WAS a viable option.)

And if you're one of the women here and you're now snickering 'well haha, I don't have to do that .." maybe not,, but hopefully you've joined in the parade of nausea created by this thread by picturing me with a hose hanging out of my ass.

See it?

How about now?

If not, I'll see if I can get some souvenir photos to show.

Once again, for effect... BLEAHH!

~Barf

This is my second, The procedure itself is nothing, they gave me rohypnol and I blinked my eye and woke up in a room with some nurse who was encouraging me to fart. So I did, and she CLAPPED happily and said "Very GOOD!". I thought.. uh oh,, I have died, and this MUST be Heaven, and now I'm screwed. :silly:

... the drinking of the phospho,,, oh man.

They tell you to cut it with 7-up,,, doesn't matter. You can't cut this flavor out with battery acid.

Imagine getting a giant mouthful of seawater concentrate.

~Bang

And if you're one of the women here and you're now snickering 'well haha, I don't have to do that .." maybe not,, but hopefully you've joined in the parade of nausea created by this thread by picturing me with a hose hanging out of my ass.

See it?

It's ok BANG, I'll have to go through it eventually. But the ladies get to have the dreaded pap smear.

This is my second, The procedure itself is nothing, they gave me rohypnol and I blinked my eye and woke up in a room with some nurse who was encouraging me to fart. So I did, and she CLAPPED happily and said "Very GOOD!". I thought.. uh oh,, I have died, and this MUST be Heaven, and now I'm screwed. :silly:

... the drinking of the phospho,,, oh man.

They tell you to cut it with 7-up,,, doesn't matter. You can't cut this flavor out with battery acid.

Imagine getting a giant mouthful of seawater concentrate.

~Bang

Amen brutha!

The doc told me to get the cherry flavor and chill it. Yeah, right. Stuff tasted like sal****er with a cherry aftertaste.

To this day, I can't drink anything that even remotely tastes like cherries.

I've never had the "pleasure" of the Go-Lytly but look at it this way Bang. The wonderful taste is exceeded only by the joy of the "catharsis" that follows. I'm sooo clever...tee hee. :D

Seriously, it's much better to go through this than have to deal with cancer later on. I hope it ends up being routine.

Haha. I've had a colonoscopy once and I had another procedure that required me to drink that phosphasoda stuff. Two of the worst experiences of my life. I would never, ever, EVER wish that upon my worst enemy.

The procedures themselves aren't bad. It's the preparation and cleansing of the bowels thats the worst part.

Have fun in the bathroom Bang!

yeh, I know of someone (a female actually) who had it done recently. She just looked miserable during the prep part. I think for women, they recommend to get it done every 5 years. For men, not so sure, but I'm not looking forward to my first.

On a serious note, what is a colonoscopy for or do for you?

Also, why would someone have to have two? Sounds like they are looking for something?

Yeah, it's to check for growths, polyps, etc. It can also remove them if they find any without invasive surgery,, they do it with the snake. It's basically a fiber optic tube with a tiny camera so they can go in and look around. If they find something, they can feed all sorts of instruments in thru the tube and take care of it right away.

I had it done a few years ago due to some pain that I was having, and they felt it was best to check.. this time I had a physical back in March (checked out great by the way) BUT they found a small amount of blood,, so better safe than sorry is their motto.

You'll get it done. It is recommended men get their first when they turn 50, and then about every 7 or 8 years later.

~Bang

FYI, if they ever find a bit of blood in your stool AND you've recently taken aspirin or other pain relievers that can cause blood thinning, you might want to wait a little while before getting the colonoscopy. It could simply be the medicine and not an issue that requires a roto rooter. If you stop taking your aspirin or other pain meds, wait a week or two and then have the fecal blood test repeated and it still shows blood, then a colonoscopy is definitely in order ASAP.

Not the snake you think,, today I go for a colonoscopy!

Yay!

And while that in itself isn't anything to talk about, I figured since I am sitting here drinking this unbelievably DISGUSTING Fleet Phospho-Soda, maybe you all can suffer too.

So, if you have been through this procedure, hopefully you can now taste the memory of that awful stuff, and are grimacing accordingly.

And if not, HA! One of these days you will have to drink this, and believe you me buddy, it is the most vile, terribly disgusting stuff you're ever going to force down your throat. (You may seriously want to consider dying early enough to avoid it. After you've had your first sip, you'll realize that WAS a viable option.)

See it?

How about now?

If not, I'll see if I can get some souvenir photos to show.

Once again, for effect... BLEAHH!

~Barf

Seriously, there are some things that really do not need to be discussed on the thread. It's great that everybody can live their "internet life" and feel open and discuss all of these things, but having something inserted into your backside, medical procedure or not, could go without mention. Just my :2cents: and I understand I have not entered that stage of my life just yet, but geez, keep it to yourself.

Seriously, there are some things that really do not need to be discussed on the thread. It's great that everybody can live their "internet life" and feel open and discuss all of these things, but having something inserted into your backside, medical procedure or not, could go without mention. Just my :2cents: and I understand I have not entered that stage of my life just yet, but geez, keep it to yourself.

But that didn't prevent you from opening the thread and reading all the juicy details :laugh: < - not laughing at you, just laughing

Archived