Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Zorn: Please use some gadget plays and

bonhommelemec

other innovative plays so that we can keep the offense off balance. Our Zorn will have the look of the early Joe Gibbs days where we used some trick plays here and there so that we could keep the defense guessing.

I love Joe Gibbs but Saunders and himself were way too predictable. I don't know if I have ever seen so many 3 and outs.

With Davis, Thomas, and Kelly as our new additions, I believe that we will have the tools to really have a wide open offense. One that I hope will be as innovative and explosive as the Patriots offense but not as prone to turnovers.

I do believe that with Campbell and Zorn working together, the West Coast Offense will cause our offense to be better than any other team in the league. Of course I am being optomistic but if everything can come together by the open of next season, I could be right.

Defensively, we need to do more run blitzes. Much of the time it will put lots of pressure on the quarterback. I like run blitzes because you can kill two birds with one stone.

Just blitz more. G. Williams went the other extreme. He reminded me of Mike Nolan. His defense was too conservative with the prevent type defense. 40 to 60% of the time would be ideal. That is why I like the Ravens defensive coach, Ryan.

Lastly, I am really excited and as the eternal optomist, I am as excited about this season as any of the Super Bowl years. There are many parallels with the upcoming season and with when Gibbs first started coaching for us.

Hail to the Redskins!

Agreed.......how about a flea-flicker for the first time in 5 years, instead of that miserable, never worked before piece of crap reverse that we kept running for absolutely no reason.

I am also optimistic for GREAT improvement on the offensive side of the ball--but don't expect much at all this season.

Rookie WRS almost never contribute anything major in their first season. Only 3 first year receivers have caught for 1000 yards in the last ten seasons.

Add that to a brand new offense.....an offensive coordinator who has no idea what the hell he is doing, and a HC that has never called a play in his life, and we may see a comedy of errors in this upcoming year.

If we can even get the plays into the huddle in time, players will still have no idea where they are supposed to be on the field.

That takes at least a season or two to get comfortable with.

But after a season or two of far below average results, those WRS may start to shine in their third year.

Agreed.......how about a flea-flicker for the first time in 5 years, instead of that miserable, never worked before piece of crap reverse that we kept running for absolutely no reason.

I am also optimistic for GREAT improvement on the offensive side of the ball--but don't expect much at all this season.

Rookie WRS almost never contribute anything major in their first season. Only 3 first year receivers have caught for 1000 yards in the last ten seasons.

Add that to a brand new offense.....an offensive coordinator who has no idea what the hell he is doing, and a HC that has never called a play in his life, and we may see a comedy of errors in this upcoming year.

If we can even get the plays into the huddle in time, players will still have no idea where they are supposed to be on the field.

But after a season or two of far below average results, those WRS may start to shine in their third year.

Shoot me, McD5 and I agree. ;)

Yeah, I think the first 8 games are gonna be a little tough for the offense, but I think we'll start doing well in the second half. I'm not worried about Zorn calling some odd plays - granted it all ends up depending on how much he learned from Holmgren.

I'm really looking forward to see how comfortable Zorn will feel with things like trick plays, I hope he tries a few things this season, I'm sure he will be more open minded to it than Coach Gibbs was.

well zorn did call some plays at seattle and he has called plays before..so that part is wrong..and the OC im sure will know what hes doing once he gets used to the plays and sees what zorns big picture is. other than that i agree.

No offense, but I think it's kind of silly to want to give an NFL coach tips on plays he should run.

I agree with this and I will add to it. If you are going to be silly and attempt to give an NFL coach tips on what plays to run, please don't recommend gadget plays for the love of God :laugh:

You "may" be correct, but you are obviously a glass half empty person.:) This time of year I am always a glass overflowing type person. I see it as a hungry HC and OC with everything to prove. You may be right, perhaps we go 3-11 this year.:( Or who knows we just may go all the way this year?:cheers:

Did you lose a sig bet or just have a complete change of heart?

Funny. When Gibbs came back, everyone was talking about how great it was to be playing "Redskins football" again.

Now we want a gimmick offense (a la Spurrier) with our unproven QB and crew of unproven WRs.

I hope we don't get away from the running game and become a "pass opens up the run" team like some in this league. It doesn't sound like we will be though.

You "may" be correct, but you are obviously a glass half empty person.:) This time of year I am always a glass overflowing type person. I see it as a hungry HC and OC with everything to prove. You may be right, perhaps we go 3-11 this year.:( Or who knows we just may go all the way this year?:cheers:

I would hope we at least make it to 3-13. Losing two more games would be better than throwing in the towel and not even finishing a full season. ;)

Archived