Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to the demotivational poster thread?

China

I went to put a new poster in the thread and lo and behold the whole thread has been deleted, I can't find it through a search, and I can't find any of my previous posts in the thread. Why was it deleted entirely? If it was out of bounds couldn't it have just been closed?

epic_boobs.jpg

Welp, I'm not a mod anymore but there were some naughty words in some of those posters, as well as some nudity. Had I still been a mod I'd have probably done something about it.

But that's just a guess.

EDIT: Even so, some of that stuff was pretty good. :)

Welp, I'm not a mod anymore but there were some naughty words in some of those posters, as well as some nudity. Had I still been a mod I'd have probably done something about it.

But that's just a guess.

EDIT: Even so, some of that stuff was pretty good. :)

Well, typically when that is the case (as in the Owned thread) the mods have removed the offensive images. In this case they could have done so and locked the thread, without deleting it. Why was it deleted entirely?

Just trying to help, China. I didn't do it. :)

I know, and thanks for your knowledgeable perspective. I was just wondering because it is kind of disconcerting to go to post in a thread only to not be able to find any evidence that the thread ever existed, even posts you yourself made (or thought you did). It's always reassuring to know you're not losing your mind (yet, anyway). :)

See Henry's original post. :)

And let that be a lesson to the 17 year old knucklehead that caused it, as several Staff members have spoken to him in the Own3d thread for the exact same thing. If he does it yet again, either he, or that thread will disappear next. So you guys that love that thread, keep him straight. :)

Well, typically when that is the case (as in the Owned thread) the mods have removed the offensive images. In this case they could have done so and locked the thread, without deleting it. Why was it deleted entirely?
This isn’t aimed at China but is just to all concerned: with verrrrry rare exception (if ever) threads aren't deleted. They are moved to a staff/owner-only access. I didn't do it, but we have enough to do without another pic thread that requires constant babysitting and editing (which is a time-consuming pain). Sometimes (lately) it seems like a worthy idea to eliminate pic-joke threads even if a few folks go ballistic. But, I don't think we will actually do that…yet. :D

When someone notices something missing, it’s the same answer every time, and always has been. A staff member has done it and there must be a reason for it. And if you do feel you have a need to know why something has happened, PM a staff member. Now that this question has been officially answered, I’ll close the thread.:)

Archived