Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I drank shots with Lavar yesterday!!!

qcraftsman

So me and 2 others went to FEDEX Field yesterday for a networking convention. After the business was done we went over to Sidelines which is Lavar's sports bar. 30 minutes after were there eating and drinking LA shows up and goes over to his VIP section. I wanted to say whats up sp bad but I didn't want to bother him.

So my bizz partner asks the bartender to give us 3 shots and one for Lavar. I'm thinking he is gonna laugh at us. She goes over and tells Lavar that we bought him a drink and next thing you know 5 minutes later I feel a hand on my shoulder behind me and its Lavar. He walked up to us around everyone at the bar like he just knew us as friends. We all shook hands and toasted a shot together and drank it down. Then Lavar says bartender give these guys another round on me please. It was great. Then before we left he waived us over to his VIP section and we went over and talked with him with him and his buddies. He is a real down to earth easy going guy which I've heard. Good to see LA...

I really think its wrong what they did to lavar, I hated to see him end his career with the giants. Everytime I see him that image of troy aikman holding his head always comes to mind. I hope the bar and grill will swing him a nice profit. I think he's too nice a guy to the point where he gets used but that's my opinion

Wow that's really cool. I remember seeing him at Training Camp in 2003 I believe and while I was getting his autograph a lot of fans came and started pushing me in which I was about to fall over there fence and he had to calm them down and ask if they can move back because I was getting hurt. Really nice guy and a wonderful story. Congrats!!

wish him the best, really wish he could have ended his career with us on better terms. Still hate to think that someone with so much athletic ability and potential never saw it fully fulfilled.

I have no doubt in my mind that Gibbs wishes that whole situation would have been handled differently on everyone's part.

Unrelated to the story but, does have relation to LA:

It is weird ( a good weird if that makes any sense) how this fanbase seems to be opening back up to Arrington. He seemed to be on everyones :pooh: list for a while there. Ever since ST's funeral and the speech that LA gave.. it seems to be all turning around for him.

I am not advocating that the Skins should sign the guy (I am doubtful that he can even play anymore) but rather stating that it is good for the whole ordeal that happened in the past to be swept under the rug.

Myself? I am still a tad bitter of his actions at that time (whether provoked or not). I wish it could have been dealt with in a different manner. However, it is in the past and both sides (Skins and Lavar) seem to be doing quite alright since.

That's cool, I want to check the Sideline ouit. Looks real busy. A friend and I drove by it after the draft party but we weren't properly dressed to go into it but aftera Skins game this year I'm going to brig some nice clothes. Glad to see Lavar is getting on his feet

I fhe really is in shape, Id do a contract with him somewhat cheap, incentive laden. Id give him more respect then VM+I, but not much. Im surprised i havent read "VM+I" yet, some of you guys are slackin! j/k.

Unrelated to the story but, does have relation to LA:

It is weird ( a good weird if that makes any sense) how this fanbase seems to be opening back up to Arrington. He seemed to be on everyones :pooh: list for a while there. Ever since ST's funeral and the speech that LA gave.. it seems to be all turning around for him.

I am not advocating that the Skins should sign the guy (I am doubtful that he can even play anymore) but rather stating that it is good for the whole ordeal that happened in the past to be swept under the rug.

Myself? I am still a tad bitter of his actions at that time (whether provoked or not). I wish it could have been dealt with in a different manner. However, it is in the past and both sides (Skins and Lavar) seem to be doing quite alright since.

nice post PG.

Archived