Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My unbiased opinion about the cowboys

CurseReversed

I have been forced recently in conversations with dallas fans to take a realistic look at the cowboys situation.

The more I think about the more it becomes apparent that they are in an extremely good position, both now and for the future.

It all starts with Romo sits to pee, he is a solid QB with increasing experience, who unfortunately I believe will be a playmaker in this league for years to come.

Some criticize his performance in the playoffs, but what I saw when I watched the NYG game was one of the most impressive performances I have seen. This can be put in a lot greater perspective after seeing what the Giants defense did to one of the best o-lines and qb's in the league with the Patriots. I would say that Romo sits to pee performed even better then Brady against them, and if his recievers could catch should they would have been in the superbowl instead of them. Romo sits to pee made some amazing plays under jailbreak pressure in that game from what I saw.

There defense is filled with young and mid-aged talent, you potentially add pacman and some plucks from their gold mine of picks this year and skys the limit on that groups future.

Of course coaching and determination play a large part in performance, which is why I believe my redskins will always play them tough and have a chance to win.

On offense they are a little older, but still have the current talent to be the offensive jugernaut they were last year. If they can find a suitable replacement for owens they will probably be set for as long as Romo sits to pee can play. The fact that they are stocked with draft picks this year again, will allow them to only improve their long term situation.

Unless of course they manage to pick some busts, which I wouldnt put past them, and will be praying for.

Even with all this being said I still am not worried about our skins matching up with them. I know how we play when we see dallas, and on any given sunday we can beat them no matter how good they are.

Even though Dallas is looking good the Redskins still have some wild cards they can hopefully pull out of their hat to try and keep pace.

Campbell is one of our wild cards, if he can rise to his full potential under Zorn, with his athleticism and ability, we will be able to compete with anybody. Our other two wild cards is better drafting and our ability to manipulate the cap better then any other team and hold the upper hand in free agency dealings. If this is used wisely it can help to close the gap between us and a very impressive dallas team.

Sorry to jump on dallas's nuts like this but I wanted to try and take off the burgundy glasses for a second and give them their due.

Its too bad we will still sweep them next year. ;)

Yeah character is always a huge factor, and can make even the greatest teams talent wise, look mediocre when it matters. This an area that I hope we will always hold an advantage in. Although with Gibbs gone, someone who was the master at showing and bringing character out in those around him, it will be interesting to see how our team reacts to his departure next season.

Will they play with the same intensity and passion that they did under him? I expect them to, but we know how quickly things can regress in this organization, only time will tell.

At the very least we know we have some very high character guys on our team to take the lead, and overall a group that cant help be influenced by gibbs' leadership for years to come.

I dont know if the same could be said about the cowboys.

The key for any team is QB play. Romo sits to pee has been a legit pro bowl QB the last two years. If he continues to play to that level Dallas will continue to be a 10 plus wins per year team.

If Campbell gets to that level so will we.

If Romo sits to pee gets hurt the Cowbys are done - at least we have a backup QB who can play.

Actually that was a very tame way of saying they are good and we're screwed if they put it all together. But one thing, they are NOT stocked with draft picks. I beleive they only have 5 picks overall, but 2 are in the first round. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You are wrong. They have 8 picks. They have all their own picks in rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7. They also have Cleveland's 1st and Miami's 6th.

Actually that was a very tame way of saying they are good and we're screwed if they put it all together. But one thing, they are NOT stocked with draft picks. I beleive they only have 5 picks overall, but 2 are in the first round. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

We have 8 picks

2 firsts and 1 in each round thereafter

For a more unbiased opinion, we should wait for Mr. ATN to post his comments.

Until then, I agree with most of your reasoning. The only thing that I don't agree with is your assumption that our offensive line will be in trouble if we see an injury. I think that most teams will suffer to some extent if they lose a 'key' lineman. However, outside of our LT position, I do believe that we have some quality, though unproven, depth.

While I will never wish for an injury to any team, I am interested in seeing what we have in our backups.

We are definitely weak in depth at our skill position on offense, but I can't think of a team who isn't (outside of running backs).

While I will never wish for an injury to any team, I am interested in seeing what we have in our backups.

We are definitely weak in depth at our skill position on offense, but I can't think of a team who isn't (outside of running backs).

We are very young and raw with our backups. I think guys like Alan Ball will contribute a lot this year.

However, if we are forced to run with Hurd, Ball etc. we could be in trouble.

A few things you can say about Romo sits to pee is he is very confident, he doesn't let a mistake eat at him, he looks a lot like Favre in that he is not a typical mechanical Quarterback and he plays the game like he is playing sand lot football, he has fun. Also his players genuinely like and respect him. The only problems I have with Jason is he lets bad plays get to him, he doesn't always look relaxed or like he's having fun and he plays the QB position by the book.

A pretty good descript of the Cowboys. Of course, I think it's going to be an NFC East dogfight this year. It wouldn't surprise me any to see any of the four teams win the NFC East, especially if the Redskins and Eagles are successful in obtaining a trade for one of those #1 receivers (Johnson, Williams, Boldin).

No doubting the talent the Cowboys have. On paper I would place them in the top 7.

However they have holes. More holes than the mediotes think they have. My unbiased opinion:

Romo sits to pee is good, not great. Take away the TO factor and his game as well as Jason Garrett's talent as a OC diminish instantly. We saw it with Philly. Barber isn't an everydown back. He is good but he won't be able to carry the load, if they sign him that is. They also have many character issues before Pacman signs. Everybody knows about their weak pass D and the overrated Roy Williams.

No doubting the talent the Cowboys have. On paper I would place them in the top 7.

However they have holes. More holes than the mediotes think they have. My unbiased opinion:

Romo sits to pee is good, not great. Take away the TO factor and his game as well as Jason Garrett's talent as a OC diminish instantly. We saw it with Philly. Barber isn't an everydown back. He is good but he won't be able to carry the load, if they sign him that is. They also have many character issues before Pacman signs. Everybody knows about their weak pass D and the overrated Roy Williams.

A. There's no question that having T.O. and Witten makes Romo sits to pee a better QB. I haven't seen any Cowboys fan argue otherwise. Nor have I ever seen any Cowboys fan argue that Romo sits to pee is among that elite group of all-time QB greats, such as Elway, Marino, or Favre that could win games on ability alone. So, in effect, what you argue about Romo sits to pee could be said for just about any good QB that's ever played.

B. We don't know if Barber can be any every down back or not. But, if it were up to me, I prefer keeping him in a RB committee where he can continue being the physical player. I don't know if can play the physical style he plays without wearing himself out.

C. Many character issues? While the Cowboys are known to take chances on players with checkered pasts, I can't think of a signed player that is currently considered a detriment to the team.

D. We can all agree that Roy Williams is overrated and a liability in pass coverage.

To the OP, did you happen to see all of their games?

Their offense dominated often because of one thing, the unexpected good play of their offensive line.

Without it, Romo sits to pee becomes very ordinary...

The reason they had some success running was because their passing game set up the run.

Trust me, when teams watch our last game against them, the secret will be out...and they'll once again rule the bottom of the division.

This is the most over-hyped franchise in football...their slide will become apparent early.

To the OP, did you happen to see all of their games?

Their offense dominated often because of one thing, the unexpected good play of their offensive line.

Without it, Romo sits to pee becomes very ordinary...

The reason they had some success running was because their passing game set up the run.

Trust me, when teams watch our last game against them, the secret will be out...and they'll once again rule the bottom of the division.

This is the most over-hyped franchise in football...their slide will become apparent early.

That's right, leave it to Washington to solve the Dallas Cowboys!

No one else couldve done it, and now that is has been done, 0-16 here we come!

That's right, leave it to Washington to solve the Dallas Cowboys!

No one else couldve done it, and now that is has been done, 0-16 here we come!

:laugh: Actually, it will be 0-0, because the Cowboys are broke and are in the process of filing bankruptcy.

Archived