Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Moore's whacked out views

Canyonero!

I heard the local "morning zoo" guys talking about Michael Moore's letter to W . It's insane, even for him. Note that we all like the French now.

Monday, March 17, 2003

A Letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush on the Eve of War

George W. Bush

1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Washington, DC

Dear Governor Bush:

So today is what you call "the moment of truth," the day that "France and the rest of world have to show their cards on the table." I'm glad to hear that this day has finally arrived. Because, I gotta tell ya, having survived 440 days of your lying and conniving, I wasn't sure if I could take much more. So I'm glad to hear that today is Truth Day, 'cause I got a few truths I would like to share with you:

1. There is virtually NO ONE in America (talk radio nutters and Fox News aside) who is gung-ho to go to war. Trust me on this one. Walk out of the White House and on to any street in America and try to find five people who are PASSIONATE about wanting to kill Iraqis. YOU WON'T FIND THEM! Why? 'Cause NO Iraqis have ever come here and killed any of us! No Iraqi has even threatened to do that. You see, this is how we average Americans think: If a certain so-and-so is not perceived as a threat to our lives, then, believe it or not, we don't want to kill him! Funny how that works!

2. The majority of Americans -- the ones who never elected you -- are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction. We know what the real issues are that affect our daily lives -- and none of them begin with I or end in Q. Here's what threatens us: two and a half million jobs lost since you took office, the stock market having become a cruel joke, no one knowing if their retirement funds are going to be there, gas now costs almost two dollars -- the list goes on and on. Bombing Iraq will not make any of this go away. Only you need to go away for things to improve.

3. As Bill Maher said last week, how bad do you have to suck to lose a popularity contest with Saddam Hussein? The whole world is against you, Mr. Bush. Count your fellow Americans among them.

4. The Pope has said this war is wrong, that it is a SIN. The Pope! But even worse, the Dixie Chicks have now come out against you! How bad does it have to get before you realize that you are an army of one on this war? Of course, this is a war you personally won't have to fight. Just like when you went AWOL while the poor were shipped to Vietnam in your place.

5. Of the 535 members of Congress, only ONE (Sen. Johnson of South Dakota) has an enlisted son or daughter in the armed forces! If you really want to stand up for America, please send your twin daughters over to Kuwait right now and let them don their chemical warfare suits. And let's see every member of Congress with a child of military age also sacrifice their kids for this war effort. What's that you say? You don't THINK so? Well, hey, guess what -- we don't think so either!

6. Finally, we love France. Yes, they have pulled some royal screw-ups. Yes, some of them can be pretty damn annoying. But have you forgotten we wouldn't even have this country known as America if it weren't for the French? That it was their help in the Revolutionary War that won it for us? That our greatest thinkers and founding fathers -- Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, etc. -- spent many years in Paris where they refined the concepts that lead to our Declaration of Independence and our Constitution? That it was France who gave us our Statue of Liberty, a Frenchman who built the Chevrolet, and a pair of French brothers who invented the movies? And now they are doing what only a good friend can do -- tell you the truth about yourself, straight, no b.s. Quit pissing on the French and thank them for getting it right for once. You know, you really should have traveled more (like once) before you took over. Your ignorance of the world has not only made you look stupid, it has painted you into a corner you can't get out of.

Well, cheer up -- there IS good news. If you do go through with this war, more than likely it will be over soon because I'm guessing there aren't a lot of Iraqis willing to lay down their lives to protect Saddam Hussein. After you "win" the war, you will enjoy a huge bump in the popularity polls as everyone loves a winner -- and who doesn't like to see a good ***-whoopin' every now and then (especially when it 's some third world ***!). So try your best to ride this victory all the way to next year's election. Of course, that's still a long ways away, so we'll all get to have a good hardy-har-har while we watch the economy sink even further down the toilet!

But, hey, who knows -- maybe you'll find Osama a few days before the election! See, start thinking like THAT! Keep hope alive! Kill Iraqis -- they got our oil!!

Yours,

Michael Moore

Dear Governor Bush:

I should have stopped reading right there. I wish someone would kill him. Seriously.

There is virtually NO ONE in America (talk radio nutters and Fox News aside) who is gung-ho to go to war

Except the 70 percent in all the recent polls.

The whole world is against you, Mr. Bush. Count your fellow Americans among them.

Except the 30 countries giving us open support and the 15 giving behind the scenes support. 45 countries. A coalition only bested by WW2 and the Gulf War.

the Dixie Chicks have now come out against you! How bad does it have to get before you realize that you are an army of one on this war?

Ask them and their label what the reaction has been.

Finally, we love France

Except for the 94 percent polled by Fox that want to boycot their products.

Moore is a moron. He's a waste of air. I'll buy the kegs and the steaks if someone takes him out.

Lies Lies Lies.

Interesting opinion about the war...I myself disagree with it but only because it is going to cost us a huge amount of money...morally I have no problems with it. As for the poll numbers that were detailed in a statement above, I disagree with the 70% figure... polls are so subjective that they can be twisted to fit whoever is asking the questions personal agenda.

First, I hate Michael Moore.. but mixed in among his lies is some truth..

The right would point out when it suits them that polls are worthless, but now, polls are the gospel....:doh:

To say that no one other than those who live and die by talk radio nuts and fox news are gung ho is pretty accurate.. Most people that I encounter are scared of this war because of the possible retaliation... Am I saying that the entire US is against Bush, NO... not at all, but I totally get the impression that the Fox followers are Gung Ho for the war... It's like they are excited and looking forward to it. That's sad.

I would also question the threat of these so called WMD.. here on extremeskins we have a thread supposedly from the military, with extremeskins members that have served saying how the main threat of these Chem and Bio weapons is mass fear... I'm not claiming to know if the thread is true or the Govt's position that these WMD are so deadly, but it makes me wonder... If these weapons are not that serious, than what's the big deal, if they are that serious, that why does that thread say what it does and why are ex military guys agreeing with it?

Again, Michael Moore is an idiot, and 90% of that letter is garbage, but the bottom line is there are not many "gung ho" for this war.

If it was 1 poll you would have a point. But it's every news source now. From a low of 64 percetn (I think CBS) to a high of 72 percent (Reuters I think).

Doesnt change the fact that his claim that nobody in the US is behijnd him is a lie and absurd.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

If it was 1 poll you would have a point. But it's every news source now. From a low of 64 percetn (I think CBS) to a high of 72 percent (Reuters I think).

Doesnt change the fact that his claim that nobody in the US is behijnd him is a lie and absurd.

I didn't say no one was behind Bush, that would be a lie and would be absurd...

I'm just saying that not many are "gung ho"...

I would say the majority of people are behind Bush if for no other reason than he is president. I am behind the troops, I do not want anything to happend to them...(heck, that's the main reason I'm not "gung ho")

Iguess it depends on what his definition of :gung-ho" is.

I also wonder if he wrote a similar letter to Clinton.

He should have, but because he is a douche bag, I'm sure he didn't... I have no doubt he changes his stance based on the party in office.

This letter was dripping with sarcasm and humor.

Most of it was just a rant that Moore likes to do, whether or not he actually believes what he is saying. Most of the time he goes to far and alienates the people who would have supported him in the 1st place.

Although, I wonder what the board thinks of #'s 3,4, and 5. Mixed in with some of the crap in those points, are some valid thoughts.

Originally posted by codeorama

First, I hate Michael Moore.. but mixed in among his lies is some truth..

The right would point out when it suits them that polls are worthless, but now, polls are the gospel....:doh:

To say that no one other than those who live and die by talk radio nuts and fox news are gung ho is pretty accurate.. Most people that I encounter are scared of this war because of the possible retaliation... Am I saying that the entire US is against Bush, NO... not at all, but I totally get the impression that the Fox followers are Gung Ho for the war... It's like they are excited and looking forward to it. That's sad.

I would also question the threat of these so called WMD.. here on extremeskins we have a thread supposedly from the military, with extremeskins members that have served saying how the main threat of these Chem and Bio weapons is mass fear... I'm not claiming to know if the thread is true or the Govt's position that these WMD are so deadly, but it makes me wonder... If these weapons are not that serious, than what's the big deal, if they are that serious, that why does that thread say what it does and why are ex military guys agreeing with it?

Again, Michael Moore is an idiot, and 90% of that letter is garbage, but the bottom line is there are not many "gung ho" for this war.

As one of the right, I wouldn't point to any polls because our leadership properly isn't basing its decisions on the polls. But the polls, for those who care, show that a slim majority of the US citizenry do feel Iraq represents an unacceptable threat to us and support a war to disarm Iraq.

As for the WMD thing code, the point of the article/thread you are referencing was not that WMD's pose no serious danger or threat. To a prepared and trained military, they are mostly a manageable threat. They are still extremely dangerous to the general populace. Tell the relatives of those killed by a couple of anthrax letters that the risk of chem/bio attack is overblown. I'd also point out that while that warrant officer was spot-on accurate in his assessment, we have very limited experience with the use of WMD's and neither he nor any other 'experts' really know what kind of casualties we could see if, say, sarin nerve gas were dropped from private plane or spread by truck bombing in downtown NY city. These are dangerous, dangerous weapons that are hard to find, hard to track, and I don't think we should minimize the hazard they represent.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Most of it was just a rant that Moore likes to do, whether or not he actually believes what he is saying. Most of the time he goes to far and alienates the people who would have supported him in the 1st place.

Although, I wonder what the board thinks of #'s 3,4, and 5. Mixed in with some of the crap in those points, are some valid thoughts.

3 and 4, I don't know, I wouldn't say Bush lost a popularity contest to Saddam... but 5 makes you think... It reminds me of a Black Sabbath song....

War Pigs...:laugh:

Gen'rals gathered in their masses,

Just like witches at black masses

Evil minds that plot destruction,

Sorcerer of death's construction

In the fields the bodies burning,

As the war machine keeps turning

Death and hatred to mankind,

Poisoning their brainwashed minds

Politicians hide themselves away

They only started the war

Why should they go out to fight?

They leave thier role to the poor

Time will tell on their power minds,

Making war just for fun

Treating people just like pawns in chess,

Wait 'till their judgement day comes

Now in darkness world stops turning,

Ashes where the bodies burning

No more War Pigs have the power,

And as God has struck the hour

Day of judgement, God is calling

On their knees the war pigs crawling,

Begging mercies for their sins

Satan, laughing, spreads his wings

3 is an outright lie. I pointed that out already.

4 is interesting. The Pope has opposed all wars. I respect that. But he needs to realize that to do nothing can sometimes be a worse alternative.

5 We have a volunteer armed forces. If he's saying we should reistitute the draft, I agree with him. With boundries of course. But he's not. He's somehow trying to blame Bush for forcing the enlisted men into combat.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

#3 - Bill Maher is an even bigger idiot than Moore. At least more believes his delusions. I suspect Maher just likes seeing his name get out there.

#4 - That whole passage is the dripping with sarcasm part of which you speak, and I suspect MM is ridiculing the Pope more than anything. I serously doubt Moore gives two shakes for the opinion of the Vatican.

#5 - Where was Moore's rightious rage when Hillary was outlining healthcare reform?

To the point, there's a reason cops aren't allowed to investigate their partner's murder. There's a reason surgeons aren't allowed to operate on family members. Sometimes detachement isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it helps keep a decision-maker objective. Or must every CO have a relative under his command now when going into battle? :rolleyes:

Nope, Moore's still an idiot.

3 is an outright lie. I pointed that out already.

4 is interesting. The Pope has opposed all wars. I respect that. But he needs to realize that to do nothing can sometimes be a worse alternative.

5 We have a volunteer armed forces. If he's saying we should reistitute the draft, I agree with him. With boundries of course. But he's not. He's somehow trying to blame Bush for forcing the enlisted men into combat.

I agree with you on 5... but it would be interesting if more politicians had sons/daughters in the military, I would be curious to see if their opinions changed.

The hell to Michael Moore -- his liberal *** should just move to France. Do you know how much fun I'm going to have watching the carefully-edited footage of our bombs taking out "military" targets in Iraq? If only we could get the unedited footage on pay-per-view; we could watch towelheads die and help pay the massive tab for this war at the same time. Who cares if fifty percent of Iraq is under fifteen years of age? They're Muslims, will most likely grow up to be terrorists, and it's our Christian God's will that we wipe them out.

Let's get it on!

Originally posted by FROSTY28

Who cares if fifty percent of Iraq is under fifteen years of age? They're Muslims, will most likely grow up to be terrorists, and it's our Christian God's will that we wipe them out.

That ranks right up there in the top 5 of most ignorant things I've ever seen posted on ExtremeSkins.

You must be so proud.

Does Michael Moore have the balls to make his way into post-war Iraq and to spew those views of his to Iraqi's who have been liberated from Saddam? I'd love to see him go in there documentary style. But he of course won't . . .

Archived