Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Moore's whacked out views

Canyonero!

Originally posted by FROSTY28

It's called sarcasm. I was making fun of born again Dubya and his certainty that he doing "God's will."

And yeah, I know, I'm unpatriotic, and should move to France and take my Dixie Chicks cds with me.

No, you've just got the wrong view of things. It's ok, we still sympathize.

Well if you liked Mike's comments wait till you hear:

anders:

Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Perle, Bolton, Rove, Rice

the disraceful 7

The United States of America has concluded an incredible, perhaps unstoppable, race to the bottom since January of 2001. The disputed election brought to power a mob of men – Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Perle, Bolton – who have been planning this war since at least 1997. The attacks of September 11, allowed in no small part by purposeful blinders placed over the eyes of our intelligence services lest they offend petroleum principalities like Saudi Arabia with their prickly questions, gave these men the excuse they needed for war.

The Bush administration´s reaction to 9/11 – placing blame on "evildoers" instead of starting an honest dialogue, blocking an independent investigation of the attack for over a year, nominating master secret-keeper Henry Kissinger to chair that investigative panel in what was perhaps the most disgusting insult possible to the families of the lost, ignoring the real terrorist threats in order to focus on the politically expedient annihilation of Iraq, instituting the most ham-fisted diplomatic push ever seen in the history of this nation by utterly ignoring the eleven Security Council members who said no to this war, disrupting international relations vital to the pursuit of true terrorist threats, and all the while underfunding the homeland defenses necessary to protect the American people – has led us to this dismal place.

The destruction of Saddam Hussein will do nothing, zero, zip, zilch, nada, to protect America. It will place America and her citizens in further peril. We stand alone and naked today. We will reap the whirlwind. Take to the streets. Scream until your throat bleeds. Call whatever congressional leaders you know, full in the knowledge that you will be contacting a mob of failures, appeasers and political cowards. Make sure you can look at yourself in the mirror as this darkness falls. Above all else, do not succumb to despair.

You owe that much to yourself, your children and your nation as we fade to black.Comment: Could very well turn out just as described above, there is one thing I must disagree with however, the last line, more precisely the words "and your nation". This concept of "owing something to your nation" is, and always has been pure and utter BS. It has been used by the power brokers to manipulate and deceive the masses, instilling in them allegiance to a neboulous concept that never existed. Nowhere more evident has this been but in the US. The rest of the world has been long suffering in this regards and indeed has bought into the illusion that America was the "land of the free", the "greatest nation on earth". Let it be known that every time that the words "your country" have been used as a means to provoke an emotional "patriotic" response, it has merely served to allow the "powers that be" to further their own nefarious agenda of control and domination, and all with the blessing of the stupid sleeping masses. America is not the land of the free, it is not the greatest country on earth, at present it is the epicenter, the seat of the most extreme form of service to self on the planet.

==================================

This was a reply to

-----------------------------------

The Observer

Who runs America?

We all know the US Administration with Rumsfeld, the Wolfman, Cheney, Schriecher, Rubin and many more. How about this little lot for what basically makes up - "That´s entertainment" - America :

(excerpt from Conspiracy News)

First of all, Sumner Redstone (né Murray Rothstein) owns $8 billion

dollars worth of Viacom, which gives him the controlling interest in CBS,

Viacom, MTV worldwide (Brian Graden, president), and most recently he

bought Black Entertainment Television and proceeded immediately to cut

down its public-affairs programming. The president of CBS is Leslie

Moonves, the great nephew of David Ben-Gurion.

Michael Eisner is the major owner of Disney-Capitol Cities, which owns

ABC. David Westin is the president of ABC News. Although it has lost

viewers, Nightline host Ted Koppel is a strong supporter of Israel. Lloyd

Braun is chair of ABC Entertainment. And there is the perennial Barbara

Walters.

Neil Shapiro is the president of NBC News. Jeffrey Zucker is the head of

NBC Entertainment and Jack Myers has some important post there, as well.

Although Rupert Murdoch of Fox is not Jewish, Mel Karamazin, the

president of the corporation is, as is Peter Chernin, the second in

command at Murdoch´s News Corps.

Sandy Grushow is chairman of Fox Entertainment, and Gail Berman is

president. Murdoch has received numerous awards from various Jewish

charities.

Jamie Kellner is chair and CEO of Turner Broadcasting.

Walter Issacson is the News Director of CNN which also has Wolf Blitzer,

host of Late Edition, Larry King of Larry King Live, Paula Zahn, and

Andrea Koppel, Ted´s daughter.

Jordan Levin is chairman of Warner Bros. Entertainment.

Howard Stringer is chair of Sony Corp. of America.

Robert Sillerman is the founder of Clear Channel Communications,

Ivan Seidenberg is chair of Verizon Communications

Terry Semel, former co-chair of Warners is CEO of Yahoo.

Barry Diller, former owner of Universal Entertainment, is the chair of

USA Interactive.

Joel Klein is chair and CEO of Bertelsmann´s American operations, the

largest publishing conglomerate in the world.

Mort Zuckerman, the Chair of the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish

American Organizations, owns US News and World Report and the NY Daily

News.

Arthur Sulzberger, Jr. publishes the NY Times, the Boston Globe and a

host of other publications.

Marty Peretz publishes the New Republic, which is unabashedly pro-Israel,

as is

William Kristol, editor of the Weekly Standard.

Donald Graham, Jr. is the chair and CEO of Newsweek and the Washington

Post.

Michael Ledeen, of Iran-Contra fame, edits National Review.

Ron Rosenthal is the Managing Editor of the SF Chronicle and Phil

Bronstein is the Executive Editor.

David Schneiderman owns the Village Voice and a number of other

"alternative" weeklies.

Columnist William Safire, Tom Freidman, Charles Krauthammer, Richard

Cohen, Jeff Jacoby, are among the most widely syndicated columnists.

There are a number of widely syndicated talk show hosts such as Michael

Savage (ABC) on more than 100 stations, Michael Medved, 124 stations, and

Dennis Prager who has an Israeli flag on his website. Others include Ron

Owens, Ben Wattenberg, and former ZOA official Jon Rothman, all in San

Francisco on ABC.

In Hollywood, which was founded by Jews, there is of course, Stephen

Spielberg, David Geffen, and Jeffrey Kranzberg of Dreamworks, Eisner of

Disney, Amy Pascal, chair of Columbia, and many, many more.

For the intellectuals, we have NPR, with pundit Daniel Schorr and weekend

hosts Scott Simon and Liane Hansen, Robert Segal, Susan Stanberg, Eric

Weiner, Daniel Lev, Linda Gradstein (a well-known speaker at pro-Israel

events) covering Jerusalem, Mike Schuster (whose soft-ball interview with

Ariel Sharon after Sabra and Shatila should have brought him before the

court of Hamarabi). Brook Gladstein.

And that´s just for starters. From the boss to the delivery it´s an

impressive list. While they certainly can´t be put in the same box when

it comes to Israel, they more or less guarantee that there will be limits

to any criticism they may make of Israel”.

========================================

So many angles so little time to process them all.

http://66.242.35.139/bbs/message.php?message=15049&mpage=1&topic=3

My letter to Moore

Nice job. Maybe next you can prove to us that you know *less* than nothing.

1) I'm gung ho. Not because I love war and killing. But because unlike you I have the brains to understand that the inspectors can't stay in Iraq forever and the second they are gone Saddam will go back to his usual tricks. Are you so brain dead that you cannot understand that the momemt we pulled our troops out of the region Sadam would kick the inspectors out. Just like the last time. Of course he will put a candy coating on his tactics and simply refuse to cooperate, saying he has done all he can untill the UN give up and pulls the plug so idiots like you will feel secure and vindicated. How does it feel to be used by a murderous dictator? And BTW, not one single poll shows americans do not support Bush. NOT ONE. So keep your lies to yourself.

2) Care to tell me exactlty what Bush has done to ruin the economy? Maybe you can explain how it started going south BEFORE the elections while Clinton was still in office. Gosh, could it be that the tech bubble that Clinton helped inflate simply burst? Naw, Couldn't be. Clinton is god right?

3) Maybe Saddam is so "popular" because idiots like you keep trashing Bush. I couldn't care less. Who gives a damn. Saddam is still a mass murderer and his sons are still sadists. If Saddam is more popular in your eyes, what does that make you?

4) To the Pope ANY war is wrong. And The Dixie Chicks? WOW, I better re-think my position. How could I posibly go against the grain of those great minds. Heres an Idea. If you are going to call the president on his convictions because he is not going to be doing the fighting, why don't you show us how a man of great conviction acts and go to Iraq as a human shield?

5) See point 4. Still waiting for you to become a human shield. What's that you say? You don't THINK so? I thought you would say that.

6) France *did* support us Revolutionary War. A debt we have repayed one hundred times over. Count the American graves in France and tell me how many men the French lost helping us. France is acting out of self interest with bilions in oil and technology deals with Iraq. Is that how they "got it right"? If France and Germany had supported us from the begining we may have been able to put enough pressure on Iraq to dissarm through inspections. Once France and Germany came down against us it gave Saddam hope that he could brush the UN off yet again. Maybe *that* is how they "got it right"?.

But hey, cheer up, there are still plenty of simple minded fools who still think you have a brain.

Yours

J. Michael Washé

:high:

Originally posted by Kilmer17

EXCELLENT!!!!!.

Here's mine.

Dear Michael Mooron.

Go f@#k yourself.

Sincerely,

Everyone with a brain.

Maybe yours is a better point by point refutation, but I think mine gets the point across.

:laugh: Works for me!:cheers:

My comments to everyone about war:

classy and artistic ::D

Slayer

God Hates Us All

War Zone

Explosive you feel the impact hit your face

What makes you think I'll let you survive

You want a war I'm the front line

Unbroken

This ain't about me

I'm better than you'll ever be

You don't concern me

I know you'll never get to me

You want a shot

I can take your best bring it on

Get ready for the pain

Cause this where it's going down

Warzone- This is where it's going down

Warzone- When you walk in my world

Madness is coming your way

As long as my heart still beats

I can guarantee you

Survival here is thrust upon you

Fuel the fire bring another victim

Take your lesson in Supremacy

Cause I'm the one who stands alone at the summit

This ain't about me

I'm better than you'll ever be

You don't concern me

You know you'll never get to me

You want a shot

I can take your best bring it on

Get ready for the pain

Cause this is where it's going down

I am the wall you can never climb

I am the pain that you feel inside

I bring it all let the show begin

I am the War you can never win

Warzone- This is where it's going down

Warzone- When you walk in my world

As long as my heart still beats

I can guarantee you

Originally posted by 56Arrington56

If you wana email Moore and tell him how much of a F'ing jackoff he is like I just did here's the link...

mike@michaelmoore.com

This is my email:

You are a f!@k'en TRAITOR!! You need to be kicked out of the USA!! Why aren't you a "Human Shield" in Iraq??? You are a disgrace to the core values that make this country so great!! If you are hell bent with your antiwar , anti Bush leftist ideology, why don't you renounce your citizenship and move to France!!

Let Freedom Ring!!!

A loyal citizen of the USA

Originally posted by redman

Does Michael Moore have the balls to make his way into post-war Iraq and to spew those views of his to Iraqi's who have been liberated from Saddam? I'd love to see him go in there documentary style. But he of course won't . . .

If you really believe for one millisecond that the U.S. is going to war with Iraq to liberate the people? you are out of your gourd.

There is about 17 trillion dollars worth of oil in Iraq, that Saddam has control over, and the U.S. wants control of it.

There is no goodwill toward the people of Iraq. No valiant effort to liberate Iraq citizens. America does no favors out of good nature or for the sake of giving unselfishly. There is always a hidden motive, or even a motive that's not so hidden. The only one's who wholeheartedly believe in this ware are the hoards of brainwashed "Neo 9/11 Patriots" who've been played by their obtuse president and popular media to believe the new enemy and greatest threat is Saddam. Bin Laden has changed faces with Hussein, and now they are one...okay...because the president and his inner circle say so. It is the people of Iraq that will be murdered and scarred by this ware. I didn't know you could truly liberate people by murdering...I well If they go to a good christian heaven...then they will be liberated....

:moon:

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

I am a Muslim and could honestly care less about the motive for war. The point is 26 million of my Muslim brothers will be free of an evil dictator at the end of this war. Thats all that matters to me.

Someone sent me this and it is a long read but worth it:

Who's Smarter? by Cindy Osborne

The Hollywood group is at it again. Holding anti-war rallies, screaming about the Bush Administration, running ads in major newspapers, defaming the President and his Cabinet every chance they get, to anyone and everyone who will listen. They publicly defile them and call them names like "stupid" , "morons", and "idiots". Jessica Lange went so far as to tell a crowd in Spain that she hates President Bush and is embarrassed to be an American.

So, just how ignorant are these people who are running the country? Let's look at the biographies of these "stupid", "ignorant" , "moronic" leaders, and then at the celebrities who are castigating them: President George W. Bush: Received a Bachelors Degree from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard. He began his career in the oil and gas business in Midland in 1975 and worked in the energy industry until 1986. He was elected Governor on November 8, 1994, with 53.5 percent of the vote. In a historic re-election victory, he became the first Texas Governor to be elected to consecutive four-year terms on November 3, 1998 winning 68.6 percent of the vote. In 1998 Governor Bush won 49 percent of the Hispanic vote, 27 percent of the African-American vote, 27 percent of Democrats and 65 percent of women. He won more Texas counties, 240 of 254, than any modern Republican other than Richard Nixon in 1972 and is the first Republican gubernatorial candidate to win the heavily Hispanic and Democratic border counties of El Paso, Cameron and Hidalgo. (Someone began circulating a false story about his I.Q. being lower than any other President. If you believed it, you might want to go to URBANLEGENDS.COM and see the truth.

Vice President Dick Cheney: Earned a B.A. in 1965 and a M.A. in 1966, both in political science. Two years later, he won an American Political Science Association congressional fellowship. One of Vice President Cheney's primary duties is to share with individuals, members of Congress and foreign leaders, President Bush's vision to strengthen our economy, secure our homeland and win the War on Terrorism. In his official role as President of the Senate, Vice President Cheney regularly goes to Capital Hill to meet with Senators and members of the House of Representatives to work on the Administration's legislative goals. In his travels as Vice President, he has seen first hand the great demands the war on terrorism is placing on the men and women of our military, and he is proud of the tremendous job they are doing for the United States of America.

Secretary of State Colin Powell: Educated in the New York City public schools, graduating from the City College of New York (CCNY), where he earned a Bachelor's Degree in geology. He also participated in ROTC at CCNY and received a commission as an Army second lieutenant upon graduation in June 1958. His further academic achievements include a Master of Business Administration Degree from George Washington University. Secretary Powell is the recipient of numerous U.S. and foreign military awards and decorations. Secretary Powell's civilian awards include two Presidential Medals of Freedom, the President's Citizens Medal, the Congressional Gold Medal, the Secretary of State Distinguished Service Medal, and the Secretary of Energy Distinguished Service Medal. Several schools and other institutions have been named in his honor and he holds honorary degrees from universities and colleges across the country. (Note: He retired as Four Star General in the United States Army)

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld: Attended Princeton University on Scholarship (AB, 1954) and served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as a Naval aviator; Congressional Assistant to Rep. Robert Griffin (R-MI), 1957-59; U.S. Representative, Illinois, 1962-69; Assistant to the President, Director of the Office of Economic Opportunity, Director of the Cost of Living Council, 1969-74; U.S. Ambassador to NATO, 1973-74; head of Presidential Transition Team, 1974; Assistant to the President, Director of White House Office of Operations, White House Chief of Staff, 1974-77; Secretary of Defense, 1975-77.

Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge: Raised in a working class family in veterans' public housing in Erie. He earned a scholarship to Harvard, graduating with honors in 1967. After his first year at The Dickinson School of Law, he was drafted into the U.S. Army, where he served as an infantry staff sergeant in Vietnam, earning the Bronze Star for Valor. After returning to Pennsylvania, he earned his Law Degree and was in private practice before becoming Assistant District Attorney in Erie County. He was elected to Congress in 1982. He was the first enlisted Vietnam combat veteran elected to the U.S. House, and was overwhelmingly re-elected six times.

National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice: Earned her Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974; her Master's from the University of Notre Dame in

1975; and her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981. (Note: Rice enrolled at the University of Denver at the age of 15, graduating at 19 with a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science (Cum Laude). She earned a Master's Degree at the University of Notre Dame and a Doctorate from the University of Denver's Graduate School of International Studies. Both of her advanced degrees are also in Political Science.) She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has been awarded Honorary Doctorates from Morehouse College in 1991, the University of Alabama in 1994, and the University of Notre Dame in 1995. At Stanford, she has been a member of the Center for International Security and Arms Control, a Senior Fellow of the Institute for International Studies, and a Fellow (by courtesy) of the Hoover Institution. Her books include Germany Unified and Europe Transformed (1995) with Philip Zelikow, The Gorbachev Era

(1986) with Alexander Dallin, and Uncertain Allegiance: The Soviet Union and the Czechoslovak Army (1984). She also has written numerous articles on Soviet and East European foreign and defense policy, and has addressed audiences in settings ranging from the U.S. Ambassador's Residence in Moscow to the Commonwealth Club to the 1992 and 2000 Republican National Conventions. From 1989 through March 1991, the period of German reunification and the final days of the Soviet Union, she served in the Bush Administration as Director, and then Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National Security Council, and a Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs. In 1986, while an international affairs fellow of the Council on Foreign Relations, she served as Special Assistant to the Director of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In 1997, she served on the Federal Advisory Committee on Gender -- Integrated Training in the Military. She was a member of the boards of directors for the Chevron Corporation, the Charles Schwab Corporation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the University of Notre Dame, the International Advisory Council of J.P. Morgan and the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors. She was a Founding Board member of the Center for a New Generation, an educational support fund for schools in East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park, California and was Vice President of the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula. In addition, her past board service has encompassed such organizations as Transamerica Corporation, Hewlett Packard, the Carnegie Corporation, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, The Rand Corporation, the National Council for Soviet and East European Studies, the Mid-Peninsula Urban Coalition and KQED, public broadcasting for San Francisco. Born November 14, 1954 in Birmingham, Al abama, she resides in Washington, D.C.

So who are these celebrities? What is their education? What is their experience in affairs of State or in National Security? While I will defend to the death their right to express their opinions, I think that if they are going to call into question the intelligence of our leaders, we should also have all the facts on their educations and background:

Barbra Streisand : Completed high school Career: Singing and acting

Cher: Dropped out of school in 9th grade. Career: Singing and acting

Martin Sheen: Flunked exam to enter University of Dayton. Career: Acting

Jessica Lange: Dropped out college mid-freshman year. Career: Acting

Alec Baldwin: Dropped out of George Washington U. after scandal. Career: Acting

Julia Roberts: Completed high school. Career: Acting

Sean Penn: Completed High school. Career: Acting

Susan Sarandon: Degree in Drama from Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. Career: Acting

Ed Asner; Completed High school. Career: Acting

George Clooney: Dropped out of University of Kentucky. Career: Acting

Michael Moore: Dropped out first year University of Michigan. Career: Movie Director

Sarah Jessica Parker: Completed High School. Career: Acting

Jennifer Anniston: Completed High School. Career: Acting

Mike Farrell: Completed High school. Career: Acting

Janeane Garofelo: Dropped out of College. Career: Stand up comedienne

Larry Hagman: Attended Bard College for one year. Career: Acting

While comparing the education and experience of these two groups, we should also remember that President Bush and his cabinet are briefed daily, even hourly, on the War on Terror and threats to our security. They are privy to information gathered around the world concerning the Middle East, the threats to America, the intentions of terrorists and terrorist-supporting governments. They are in constant communication with the CIA, the FBI, Interpol, NATO, The United Nations, our own military, and that of our allies around the world. We cannot simply believe that we have full knowledge of the threats because we watch CNN!! We cannot believe that we are in any way as informed as our leaders.

These celebrities have no intelligence-gathering agents, no fact-finding groups, no insight into the minds of those who would destroy our country. They only have a deep seated hatred for all things Republican. By nature, and no one knows quite why, the Hollywood elitists detest Conservative views and anything that supports or uplifts the United States of America. The silence was deafening from the Left when Bill Clinton bombed a pharmaceutical factory outside of Khartoum, or when he attacked the Bosnian Serbs in 1995 and 1999. He bombed Serbia itself to get Slobodan Milosevic out of Kosovo, and not a single peace rally was held. When our Rangers were ambushed in Somalia and 18 young American lives were lost, not a peep was heard from Hollywood. Yet now, after our nation has been attacked on its own soil, after 3,000 Americans were killed, by freedom-hating terrorists, while going about their routine lives, they want to hold rallies against the war. Why the change? Because an honest, God-fearing Republican sits in the White House.

Another irony is that in 1987, when Ronald Reagan was in office, the Hollywood group aligned themselves with disarmament groups like SANE, FREEZE and PEACE ACTION, urging our own government to disarm and freeze the manufacturing of any further nuclear weapons, in order to promote world peace. It is curious that now, even after we have heard all the evidence that Saddam Hussein has chemical, biological and is very close to obtaining nuclear weapons, their is no cry from this group for HIM to disarm. They believe we should leave him alone in his quest for these weapons of mass destruction, even though it is certain that these deadly weapons will eventually be used against us in our own cities.

So why the hype out of Hollywood? Could these celebrities believe that since they draw such astronomical salaries, they are entitled to also determine the course of our Nation? That they can make viable decisions concerning war and peace? Did Michael Moore have the backing of the Nation when he recently thanked France, on our behalf, for being a "good enough friend to tell us we were wrong"? I know for certain he was not speaking for me. Does Sean Penn fancy himself a Diplomat, in going to Iraq when we are just weeks away from war? Does he believe that his High School Diploma gives him the knowledge (and the right) to go to a country that is controlled by a maniacal dictator, and speak on behalf of the American people? Or is it the fact that he pulls in more money per year than the average American worker will see in a lifetime? Does his bank account give him clout?

The ultimate irony is that many of these celebrities have made a shambles of their own lives, with drug abuse, alcoholism, numerous marriages and divorces, scrapes with the law, publicized temper tantrums, etc. How dare they pretend to know what is best for an entire nation! What is even more bizarre is how many people in this country will listen and accept their views, simply because they liked them in a certain movie, or have fond memories of an old television sitcom!

It is time for us, as citizens of the United States, to educate ourselves about the world around us. If future generations are going to enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers bequeathed us, if they are ever to know peace in their own country and their world, to live without fear of terrorism striking in their own cities, we must assure that this nation remains strong. We must make certain that those who would destroy us are made aware of the severe consequences that will befall them.

Yes, it is a wonderful dream to sit down with dictators and terrorists and join hands, singing Cumbaya and talking of world peace. But it is not real. We did not stop Adolf Hitler from taking over the entire continent of Europe by simply talking to him. We sent our best and brightest, with the strength and determination that this Country is known for, and defeated the Nazi regime. President John F. Kennedy did not stop the Soviet ships from unloading their nuclear missiles in Cuba in

1962 with mere words. He stopped them with action, and threat of immediate war if the ships did not turn around. We did not end the Cold War with conferences. It ended with the strong belief of President Ronald Reagan... PEACE through STRENGTH.

Archived