Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help with some identification of a photo

Zguy28

I have a photo of my Grandfather with some folks circa 1940's. I would like to identify if possible the people with him in it.

My Grandfather is on the left. I know that the person next to him is Bela Lugosi. My father told me that he thinks the gentleman on the other side of the lady is Tommy Dorsey (yes, that Tommy Dorsey), whom my grandfather knew well from his days in the radio and magic business.

Sadly, my grandfather passed back in 2007, so I can't ask him.:(

Any help is appreciated.

20070305082847505_0002.jpg

Cool picture. I googled images of Tommy Dorsey, and they looked similar to the guy in the pic - hard to tell definitively, though. . .

Somehow the lady looks familiar, but I can't place her.

Where was the photo taken?

I have a photo of my Grandfather with some folks circa 1940's. I would like to identify if possible the people with him in it.

My Grandfather is on the left. I know that the person next to him is Bela Lugosi. My father told me that he thinks the gentleman on the other side of the lady is Tommy Dorsey (yes, that Tommy Dorsey), whom my grandfather knew well from his days in the radio and magic business.

Any help is appreciated.

The woman in the picture looks like the actress Vivian Vance from 'I Love Lucy".

[2ujtd0m.jpg

Any help is appreciated.

20070305082847505_0002.jpg

ok so it's your grandfather... Bela Lugosi, we know that for sure... Your grandfather was in Radio and a Magician?

Possible Vivian Vance..... problem with that is that looks like Vivian vance all right but from the 1970's. Vivian vance of the 1940's would have been a lot younger..

Jimmy Dorsey, not Tommy. Tommy wore glasses and had grey hair and was heavier with a different shaped head.

250px-Jimmy_dorsey.jpg

and the last guy is ... Aurthor Lake who stared in Blonde and Dagwood movies of the late 1930's - 1950's.

mag.jpg

What the hell is Legosi doing to that woman? Looks like he's about to put a Vulcan mind meld on her.
It was his Dracula schtick. He was "mesmerizing" her I guess.
ok so it's your grandfather... Bela Lugosi, we know that for sure... Your grandfather was in Radio and a Magician?
Yeah. He was a DJ for many years in Pennsylvania, and also at WPGC here in DC back in the 50's.

He was also an illusionist who knew guys like Harry Blackstone.

20070305113809757_0001.jpg

and the last guy is ... Aurthor Lake who stared in Blonde and Dagwood movies of the late 1930's - 1950's.

mag.jpg

Never thought of that. I don't think its him though. Similar, but not him.

That's a great picture.

rince noticed the PBR, but what about the other chap drinking what looks like Miller High Life? :laugh:

The PBR was the first thing that I noticed. Yep, the other beer is Miller High Life.

Sorry I'm no help. Great picture.

Asked a friend of mine who's in his 80's and has been a journalist for the last 60 years or so if he recognized anyone in the picture. He concurs with the id of the second from the right as Dorsey. Can't place the woman (though he says she not Vance) or the man to the right. He posited that the man to the right is either a musician from a popular band at the time or possibly a producer or other behind-the-camera personality.

Archived