Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Zorn win an NFC East game in '08?

GibbsRedskin

It is way to early to even speculate.

We don't know what Zorn's capable of doing. We need to see how the offense shapes up, and what the defense does sans Gregg Williams.

If there isn't a drop off in the defense, and we do pick up our offense ... we could potentially be in good shape.

Give him what he wants to hear:

Nope, were not winning a damn game, hell, we might be the second team to go 0-16 if were not careful!

I hear you, and there's truely a lot of stuff that doesn't exactly point to 0-16. But it definetly says no deep run in the playoffs for a while. We also generate a lot of bad luck, based on how we treat folks. Why does that matter? Oh it matters. But the biggest things are our personnel decisions and inability to make in game decisions on the field.

I mean right now we're banking on Blach to be a key ingredient to a Super Bowl run? He's (Blach) also voicing that we should build from the secondary forward! That in itself speakes volumes and points us in the wrong direction. Ask the Giants how they feel about pressure on the QB or better yet ask Brady. When I see Blach I just kind of keep walking.

A bit of advice for Blach would be to leave the alcohol alone....he's going to need every bit of the fiber that his brain can muster! And have his wits about himself at all times. Blach also knows William "Willie" Stewart, HC (football) Anacostia H.S., S.E. D.C., but that's also scary. This season is going to be a scratch off. Maybe 4 wins.

The Giants are going to start us off. They have an unrelentless secondary and a good push in the middle. I think their (Giants) safety signed on with the Raiders but other than that I would say the Giants are going to start us off. The Giants have a lot of stuff, a lot different stuff.

What's funny is Pierce told me, during the San Fran game at FEDEX, in 04 that we weren't going to the Super Bowl. I saw him signing autograghs after the game as he exited the stadium and I mentioned it and he was quick to squash it.....And Pierce is pretty smart.

Speaking of Pierce, he's one of the many examples of why we have bad luck due to the way we treat people. Pierce did all that work , through college and working out on his own instead of joing a work out camp, came in and as free agent, he was smoking, but for soem reason we just didn't pay him. Behind the scene activities, that only Dan knows about, Coach Williams and a select few.

Now Pierce is the best MLB in the League. Oh yes he is because he's the defending world champ! People can argue all they want but he's defending and we had him. But yeah it's a whole lot of stuff that goes into winning championships. The biggest piece is on the field but to set those conditions you have to work through the rest. This is going to be painful and its going to be a while.

"Speaking of luck my definition of luck? Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." That's mine and all mine so don't steal it, but U also have something out there called the power of suggestion; that's another story.

P.S.

GO Pyro Go! And bring me good luck tomorrow. Pyro, I'm a real Redskin and I honor your courage and revere your spirit! "Pushin "InGins" and pickin ponies!"

Now Pierce is the best MLB in the League. Oh yes he is because he's the defending world champ!

This statement alone causes me to disregard your whole rant. With that logic, Kevin Dockery is the best CB in the league, and Boss is the best TE in the league. Stop preaching and think about your statements.

First of all, for the inevitable flamers:

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Now, to my post:

I am very concerned about winning a game in our division this year. Regardless of what people think about Zorn, he is clearly the weakest coach in the division. Reid has won an NFC championship and multiple division crowns, Phillips won the NFC East last year, and Coughlin won the Super Bowl.

Couple this with all the players being forced to adapt to yet another new system, I am concerned about a transition year in which we don't compete with these seasoned teams that are returning mostly the same players with the same staffs.

What does everyone think?

I don't know if he is the weakest coach in our division, we will see at the end of the season. That'sthe first time he's been given a HC job in the NFL, so do you really think you can compare him to those proven head coaches ?

I wish him all the best. I think most of the players on the offense will fit in his system and that he will select players in the draft who will also fit in.

HAIL

:laugh:

What's wrong with my post?

It's a question!

The problem is that it is a loaded question. It is sort of like asking "Is Tom going to pass a single test in this class this year?" Yes it is a question, and doesn't come out and say "I think Tom is stupid", but it implies it in an indirect fashion. Sometimes it is just a gaffe and not intended that way, but considering the history of the threads you've started (in some way bashing Zorn) it is hard to see it as such.

Gibbs took over a team with a LOSING record. Zorn is taking over a team that has been to the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years. Gibbs improved his team in year 1 from the year before. Zorn needs to do the same.

Firing a guy whose resume gives him no business in being a college coach for a top 50 team let alone an NFL team will in fact improve things if he doesn't produce in year 1.

Why are all of the Zorn supporters giving him a pass. If he is such a great coach, then he should improve the team on the field with results in W/L which is the only way teams are ultimately measured. He was kicked to the curb by the Seahawks and 3 weeks later he is the HC of a playoff team. A mediocre QB coach in his mid 50's could never ask for more. All he has to do is win with a team that has been to the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years. Not a bad deal for the former Cowboy.

Whoa! What's with all the animosity? You're going to feel very silly if Zorn has a successful career with our Redskins.

First of all, Zorn was never a Cowboy. :doh: Second, Zorn was considered to be a very good QB coach and was not kicked to the curb by Seattle.

It's completely unrealistic and just foolish to say that if the Redskins don't make the playoffs Zorn should be fired. The Redskins are not a powerhouse team as you called them, and as we've seen so many times in the NFL, anything, like injuries, can happen.

You're obviously not confident in Zorn and that's fine, you've got that right to your opinion, but why be so negative about it?

One advantage we might have with Zorn is noone knows what to expect. Other teams don't know his tendencies, and his offense is new. I don't believe his offense will be just straight WCO, I think he'll have a little more emphasis on the running game.

One advantage we might have with Zorn is noone knows what to expect. Other teams don't know his tendencies, and his offense is new. I don't believe his offense will be just straight WCO, I think he'll have a little more emphasis on the running game.

I agree. There is no game film on Zorn's Offense. It is still an unknown.

HTTR!

That's as much if not more a disadvantage than an advantage. Zorn doesn't even know what to expect, so how is that an advantage? Evidently, the Seahawks knew enough to not retain him.

Whoa! What's with all the animosity? You're going to feel very silly if Zorn has a successful career with our Redskins.

First of all, Zorn was never a Cowboy. :doh: Second, Zorn was considered to be a very good QB coach and was not kicked to the curb by Seattle.

It's completely unrealistic and just foolish to say that if the Redskins don't make the playoffs Zorn should be fired. The Redskins are not a powerhouse team as you called them, and as we've seen so many times in the NFL, anything, like injuries, can happen.

You're obviously not confident in Zorn and that's fine, you've got that right to your opinion, but why be so negative about it?

On what basis and by whom was he considered a very good QB coach and if so, why was he a QB coach for 10 years? If he was that good, then wouldn't he have been promoted to OC much sooner than now? During those 10 years, not a single team offered him an interview for an OC position.

I'd wager that most of you guys hadn't heard of Zorn until he was named the OC.

That's as much if not more a disadvantage than an advantage. Zorn doesn't even know what to expect, so how is that an advantage? Evidently, the Seahawks knew enough to not retain him.

The Browns didn't keep Belicheat, the Seahawks are going to promote Mora eventhough Atlanta didn't want him, etc. It's a pretty lame argument to knock someone because a team didn't retain him. Seattle did offer a raise to Zorn to keep him there, but we offered more for Zorn.

On what basis and by whom was he considered a very good QB coach and if so, why was he a QB coach for 10 years? If he was that good, then wouldn't he have been promoted to OC much sooner than now? During those 10 years, not a single team offered him an interview for an OC position.

I'd wager that most of you guys hadn't heard of Zorn until he was named the OC.

Based on him being a good QB himself, and the success he's had with Matt Haselback. Hasselback was sad to see Zorn leave, and he also said he wouldn't be the QB he is today if it weren't for Zorn. Instead of trolling and rehashing old arguments which have already been shot down when Zorn was first announced HC, try doing a little research on the man, or at least don't speak about a subject when your only arguments is an assumption.

In Holmgren's system, the QB coach is more of an OC than the OC is. This was said by Holmgren in an interview posted on here a while back. Who cares if a lot of people hadn't heard much of Zorn before. Do you know for a fact he has never been interviewed? No. Nobody heard of Joe Gibbs when he became the Skins head coach, nobody in Philly really heard much about Andy Reid when he became head coach there.

All your attempts at trashing Zorn don't matter, because none of us knows what kind of head coach he will be. You can wallow in your assumptions, but they are still only assumptions. Zorn has inherited a playoff caliber team, and so far in all his interviews he's been doing and saying the right things. So some can be skeptical and doubt, but so far it appears Zorn is on the right track, not the wrong one.

Based on him being a good QB himself, and the success he's had with Matt Haselback. Hasselback was sad to see Zorn leave, and he also said he wouldn't be the QB he is today if it weren't for Zorn. Instead of trolling and rehashing old arguments which have already been shot down when Zorn was first announced HC, try doing a little research on the man, or at least don't speak about a subject when your only arguments is an assumption.

In Holmgren's system, the QB coach is more of an OC than the OC is. This was said by Holmgren in an interview posted on here a while back. Who cares if a lot of people hadn't heard much of Zorn before. Do you know for a fact he has never been interviewed? No. Nobody heard of Joe Gibbs when he became the Skins head coach, nobody in Philly really heard much about Andy Reid when he became head coach there.

All your attempts at trashing Zorn don't matter, because none of us knows what kind of head coach he will be. You can wallow in your assumptions, but they are still only assumptions. Zorn has inherited a playoff caliber team, and so far in all his interviews he's been doing and saying the right things. So some can be skeptical and doubt, but so far it appears Zorn is on the right track, not the wrong one.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!! :applause:

Its common knowledge that Zorn made Hasslebeck into the QB he is today. And its obvious that he is going to do his best to get Campbell up to that level as well. I wouldnt be suprised to see him win one within the first 2 years. I dont wanna say first year because I will sound homerish and ****y but two max...

Zorn has coached against the nfc east plenty of times. He wasn't calling the plays but that doesn't mean he didn't learn about the teams he coached against.

Archived