Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Zorn win an NFC East game in '08?

GibbsRedskin

Being stuck in Eagles' territory, the hubby and I see and hear a lot about the Eagles. We have not been impressed with Reid overall. His clock management stinks and he stubbornly clings to McNabb as the starting quarterback, despite McNabb's inconsistency. Getting rid of Jeff Garcia was just stupid as was their clock management in the last few minutes of their last playoff game a couple of years ago and there were some games last season that showed his time screw-ups weren't a one time thing.

Being stuck in Eagles' territory, the hubby and I see and hear a lot about the Eagles. We have not been impressed with Reid overall. His clock management stinks and he stubbornly clings to McNabb as the starting quarterback, despite McNabb's inconsistency. Getting rid of Jeff Garcia was just stupid as was their clock management in the last few minutes of their last playoff game a couple of years ago and there were some games last season that showed his time screw-ups weren't a one time thing.

Agree

Division 2-4

Out side the division 5-5

I pray that I am wrong

Personally, I'm not worried at all. You really have no clue how good a "head coach" Zorn is right now. You never know, he may be the best "head coach" in the NFC East but none of us know it just yet.

Take a pill. Calm down. All will be well in the world.

lol, I couldnt agree with you more. :applause:

Until he proves otherwise, he is the weakeast coach in the division, and it's not even close.

Being green doesn't necessarily make one weak.

All we can do for now is speculate on his stature amongst the others based on "pedigree" and if that were the only consideration then it would be awfully easy to cherry pick the next great coach .... simply pluck one off your favorite tree.

Let's keep Zorn out of the pigeon hole until we're able to discern what kind of bird he is.

u mean that same team that won 8 straight against the east and went to a recent superbowl? doh.gif
Perhaps my research is wrong -- but eight straight games? This involves going back a ways. The Seahawks haven't played that many games against the NFC East, so I I found myself going back to beyond 2004, even to find eight Seattle vs. NFC East games. I would note that there were games that the Skins and Cowboys won during Seattle's alleged '8-game winning streak." I found a streak of 7 (including playoffs) -- but will keep checking.

II would feel better if Seattle had to play at least one playoff game away from Seattle -- but that didn't happen. So counting playoff games that NFC East teams that had to travel to QWest to play in Seattle, tends to skew what happens. It's fair to do so, but then again lots of teams don't do very well out in QWest at playoff time -- and I've seen reasons why.

Basically when I raised this point --it was because I don't think that Zorn has proven he had the level of coaching expertise that Holmgren is. And Campbell is not yet the polished QB that Matt Hasselbeck is. So how well would we do? IMO Gibbs understood NFC-East football, and perhaps Zorn's system might be too geared towards finesse. Time will tell. It was a prediction.

I don't think the WCO can survive in the NFC East. We'll give it a try, but I'm not holding my breath. I say we go 3-3 at best. Most likely, it's going to be 2-4.

You mean the WCO that Philly used to dominate the division over the course of several seasons, enroute to multiple NFC championship games?

I really think the question should be How will the other three teams go against the skins next season? we have the new coach with a new game plan based on the old game plan but with the same players from last year, we should split with the boys and giants but we should sweep the iggles.so I see a 4 and 2 record within the nfc next season

You have no idea how the team will perform this season. None of us do. There is still the draft, training camp, preseason, etc. This is the 3rd thread in a row you've made where the only goal was to trash Zorn. Of all the threads you've made, half are aimed at trashing Zorn, including two in which you said Zorn would be fired by week 1. We get, you wish GW was here, and Zorn is automatically horrible because the Skins didn't hire who you wanted them to. There's nothing you can do, move on. If you don't like Zorn, fine, but does most every thread you make have to be a jab at Zorn? Especially when they are threads that make assumptions about a team not winning when it's only April, a thread where you misinterpreted an article to conveniently support your dislike of Zorn, and a thread where you use the other local teams current success as a poorly guised means to say Zorn won't be good? It should tell you something when those threads are getting voted down to 1 star, even after you probably gave it a 5 star yourself.

yes thank you!...could have not said it better...gibbsredskin is the biggest hater on this board now a day's...the man or woman can't think of anything better then just to start hate talk's on the skins or Coach Z

I really have no idea what to expect. Zorn is a complete unknown. I do think he has the passion and football wits to make us a good team. But he has never called a play, so we may experience some Gibbs type clock management issues. But who knows. Our first game is against the Giants in NY. If we lose that game, I hope there isn't a panic here.

absolutely, we will win atleast 3 games his first year in the division. 4 wins is not a stretch either. We all will be extremely proud how well the Skins will do with a first year coach and offense, the defense will be solid AGAIN! the offense will put more points on the board this year and it will make it even easier for our defense, Coach Blache will show why he was made the man!

We may only win one or two games. But how many did Reid win his first time around????

Reid took over a 3-13 team. Zorn is being handed the keys to a team that has made the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years. There is no grace period. Playoffs at a minimum in year 1 or he needs to be fired.

Reid took over a 3-13 team. Zorn is being handed the keys to a team that has made the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years. There is no grace period. Playoffs at a minimum in year 1 or he needs to be fired.

Did you see Gibbs I's record in his first year with the team? 8-8. They didn't make the playoffs. And Gibbs wasn't a legend back in 1981. He was an unknown coordinator standing in the shadow of a well-known great (Don Coryell) whom Jack Kent Cooke (rest his soul) decided to take a chance on.

And firing him would improve things? We'd end up in a cycle like the Dolphins where we end up with a long string of sub-.500 seasons because we never give the coaches that come in any time to work.

I say, give him 3 years unless we end up next year (or any year subsequent) with a 5-11 or worse season.

Another thing - as important as a coach is to a team, it's not his job nor his responsibility to put on that burgundy and gold (or maroon, black, and yellow) uniform and go out onto that gridiron and actually make plays. You can't judge the entire team's record on the coach alone.

Make sure to remember that. The coach might have a plan, but it takes the boys wearing the uniforms doing what they're supposed to do to make it work.

Did you see Gibbs I's record in his first year with the team? 8-8. They didn't make the playoffs. And Gibbs wasn't a legend back in 1981. He was an unknown coordinator standing in the shadow of a well-known great (Don Coryell) whom Jack Kent Cooke (rest his soul) decided to take a chance on.

And firing him would improve things?

Gibbs took over a team with a LOSING record. Zorn is taking over a team that has been to the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years. Gibbs improved his team in year 1 from the year before. Zorn needs to do the same.

Firing a guy whose resume gives him no business in being a college coach for a top 50 team let alone an NFL team will in fact improve things if he doesn't produce in year 1.

Why are all of the Zorn supporters giving him a pass. If he is such a great coach, then he should improve the team on the field with results in W/L which is the only way teams are ultimately measured. He was kicked to the curb by the Seahawks and 3 weeks later he is the HC of a playoff team. A mediocre QB coach in his mid 50's could never ask for more. All he has to do is win with a team that has been to the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years. Not a bad deal for the former Cowboy.

Archived