Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Zorn win an NFC East game in '08?

GibbsRedskin

How much is Jim Fassel paying you to constantly bash Zorn?
I was against hiring Fassel as well, although he does have much more experience than Zorn and took an NFC East team to the Super Bowl so there is clearly no comparison between the two. Regardless, I was 100% behind Gregg Williams as our next coach.

Guest ComebackKing

Oh yeah. Many of the same players will be on the field and games are won and lost on the field. Bring a good gameplan and we'll go 3-3 at least.

i expect him to sweep every team every year until he retires. if he loses one game hes as good as gone.

I expect the same. I will forgive him if he loses one game in the next 10 years, but I don't anticipate him doing that.

I expect us to go undefeated as long as he is coach.

Period. :twitch:

Having unknown ability isn't the same as being the weakest. Anyways, we mostly know the quality of our defensive staff, which is mostly the same as last year.

Jason

Jason, don't waste your time. This guy has proven he can't comprehend anything he reads, never mind usual rational thinking to come up with a competent thought or realistic, non-biased conclusion. For what ever reason, he hates Zorn and his "pass only offense" and thinks that he is the god of all media knowledge.:laugh: :doh:

Well, if the quality of our defensive staff is the same as last year we are going to get smoked, just like last year. Did you see that middle screen Mike Holmgren gave to Coach Williams?

Let me refreshen your memory 3rd Qtr Hawks ball just inside our 18 yd line, 3rd down, score 10 -7, Hawks leading. Holmgren gave us a 3 receiver 1 set back look ,ran a draw and the back went in untouched. And there's more. So if you call that a quality defensive coaching staff then its your opinion but not mine.

Overall? Oh the law of averages say you can write this year off as far as making the play offs. Division wins ? Beforemention says it shouldn't matter.

I am very concerned about winning a game in our division this year. Regardless of what people think about Zorn, he is clearly the weakest coach in the division.

Appearences can be deceiving.

A few years ago one would say that Tom Coughlin was the weakest coach in the NFC East (Gibbs/Reid/Parcells) and yet here we now stand with Tom Coughlin being the only one to actually deliver a championship to his team.

Well, Snyder is pretty smart and I'm sure he did the best he could. One thing I do like is that Coach Z came from the Holmgren tree so they'll be a base reference.

But I would really like to sit down and hear what Coach Zs vision is. I mean what makes him tick. Why does he call or run this play. There must be a reason why you do what you do is it something that you see or what do you expect to get by running this play vs that. How do you war game your strengths and weaknesses, during game prep. Better yet how do you even define them, what do you think they are and how do you expect to fix what you want?

I mean if you just kind of go back and look you can see people were really doing stuff to us that appeared to be observations from earlier games. This example is probably weak, but I'm doing my best. So take the Green Bay game just as a small example: Franks caught a TD and Rocky was on him. Yeah Tana fumbled and CP also fumbled.

But take away Franks TD and we're in it. Now go back and look at the Ravens scrimage and tell me what was Heap doing to Rocky. He wasn't killing him but in spots there were differences or rather plays made by Heap that could be used....Green Bay probably saw that and took a stab...again this maybe weak but is it....and there's so much more, too.

Again Snyder is smart actually super smart and he's seen a myriad of coaching styles and techniques. So he did the best in hiring Zorn but there should be some lessons learned (L2s). There's a lot of L2s. Also as the season went along we kind of never seemed to identify our strengths and weaknesses. What was it that we were really doing best or thought we were doing. Why did we think that?

We were trying to do stuff that really would make you go hmmm. I mean we tried to run the ball against Tampa and they had the leading rushing run "D" at the time. And then the Giants at FEDEX just a bunch of stuff. As coaches you really have to put in your work during game prep and in game.

The Giants showed what can happen when you do. Caughlin went hit for hit with Bill and the Giants staff took the whole first half find that one crease and by half time they found it.

It was New Englands blitz package. Not what they did with it, it was what they didn't do. And that was they hadn't used it the entire first half. Now all NY had to do was figure if and when they would use it. Well they guessed during red zone play. But it took them all the way till the 4th Qtr to exploit it, but it paid dividends. Again this maybe small but maybe it wasn't.

There were other techniques that went along with winning that Super Bowl, too. I hate to say it but N.Y's loaded. Eeeeeeverybody but Strahan will be back and Strahan may also. But the biggest thing is that it was some coaching going on in that game. And Caughlin didn't go after R.Moss. Caughlin told his "D" coord to first take away Welker and Coates and then they'll deal with the rest....just flat out coaching.

P.S.

My pony Pyro's up in the Barn right now and bedded down. He runs this weekend out in the Blue Grass. Will he win the Kentucky Derby? Right now he's close and we'll see.

Well, I am a diehard Redskin fan, so I have formulated the question a little differently than the guy that started this thread. My question is:

Will Zorn LOSE an NFC East game in '08?

:notworthy

I'll be the first to publicly answer this with a big, resounding NO!

Zorn probably has a good feel for the NFC East right now and how to beat them.

Since the Seahawks lost to the Skins in early 2005 Zorn has seen them go 8-0 vs the East since. So Zorn has done a lot of studying on the East and has an idea of what it takes to beat those teams. 5-1 or 4-2 is my guess.

I really like your guys offseason so far: Hire a young coach that isn't a retread, stand pat in free agency, keep your draft picks - a solid draft could have you guys sitting pretty IMO.

I got a deal for the OP/person who started this thread. You might want to take a screenshot or save this somehow but...

If the Washington Redskins lose all their divisional games, I will make a check OR money order of $1,000 out to your choosing.

Please hold me to this because this is NOT a joke~

Personally, I'm not worried at all. You really have no clue how good a "head coach" Zorn is right now. You never know, he may be the best "head coach" in the NFC East but none of us know it just yet.

Take a pill. Calm down. All will be well in the world.

He sounded calm to me - calmer than you do :)

None of us have any idea how this coach or team will perform. Anyone who claims to is talking out of their rear end.

Its quite possible we take a major step back, and win only a handful of games. Its possible we could have a winning season, but I don't see any rational reason to expect it.

Its quite possible we take a major step back, and win only a handful of games. Its possible we could have a winning season, but I don't see any rational reason to expect it.

But i believe we have more reasons to feel better. We were 9-7 with tons of injuires, bad playcalling, horrible game management. This team is teh same, the coaching is different. Coaches make the difference between those close losses.

How well would Zorn have done with the Seahawks in the NFC East? And they have a veteran quarterback.

Zorn is going to get a reality check on coaching in the NFC East. Maybe 2-4, possibly 1-5. It depends on how well we draft, and on whether Campbell really is a WCO quarterback.

How well would Zorn have done with the Seahawks in the NFC East? And they have a veteran quarterback.

Zorn is going to get a reality check on coaching in the NFC East. Maybe 2-4, possibly 1-5. It depends on how well we draft, and on whether Campbell really is a WCO quarterback.

u mean that same team that won 8 straight against the east and went to a recent superbowl? :doh:

But i believe we have more reasons to feel better. We were 9-7 with tons of injuires, bad playcalling, horrible game management. This team is teh same, the coaching is different. Coaches make the difference between those close losses.

We struggled to 9-7, really struggled - Collins almost perfect play helped a lot. I think the impact of a new head coach is one of the most difficult to predict variables there are. I also think we're getting old fast at some key positions. I like that we've kept our draft picks (plus the supplemental picks), but I don't see that having much of an impact this year.

Just my opinion, but I think we're in for a tough year. Competing with Dallas, the Giants, and Philly who've not had turmoil and significant change and were already a challenge, well, I'd say thats no picnic.

There is no way to tell. The NFCBeast always surprises me. Take last year.

We all but had the NY game at Fedex wrapped up and lost it. Then we go to NY and I was certain of a loss because the meadowlands always gives us trouble and the Skins took care of business with a different QB, freezing temps, and HEAVY winds.

We go to Dallas, the team to beat, and damn near pulled it off. Dallas comes to FedEx, everyone expects us to beat backups, but we beat the starters and hold their RB to 1 yd.

We walk into Philly expecting to win and do. Then we look to add to that when Philly comes to FedEx(surely we will beat them at home since we handed it to them in Philly) and Philly hands us an L.

There is no rhyme or reason when it comes to the NFCE. Games are always emotional and anything can happen.

I think we will go 4-2 and will sweep either NY or Dallas.

Archived