Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Article on Kenny Phillips - little about Sean Taylor

corrupt3d

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7988186/'Canes-safety-is-in-a-hurry-to-make-NFL-impact

Interesting article that, for me at least, paints Phillips in a different light.

I wouldn't mind getting him in the second if he's there, doubt he will be (actually he WON'T be) but it still makes me think of what could have been.

EDIT: And I did try and search for it, found nothing. Mods move to ATN if necessary.

That was a well written article, painted Phillips in a different light than normal.

Like the guy, but seriously you know the answer on this one.

NO ONE will live up to Sean Taylor.

The Redskins as an organization would be foolish to select a safety (first or second round) from UM at this point. Too many comparisons loom in the horizon and the guy wouldn't be given a fair chance.

I'm extremely happy with Landry. Lets give Doughty a chance, but IMHO safety is not even a position we should be thinking about in the first 5 rounds of this years draft even with the abundance of picks.

I have a feeling if the Iggles don't get the OT they want in the first round they will be taking him. They dont draft WR's in the first round. They Are looking to find replacements for OT and safety early this year in the draft. I can see Fat Andy taking him at 19. He could probably start at SS for them from day one. They would have one sick secondary, especially if they keep Sheperd.

No way he falls to the second round.

I honestly wouldn't mind getting him either, just because. I mean I don't know there's just something about having two ball hawks back at Safety that makes you sleep well at night.

It could also be the missing of Sean Taylor, who knows. I just miss the guy.

Phillips knows, he knows life is to short, I think that alone in itself will make him a great player, because you really never know when your time will end.

What do you guys think, if we could, moving up in the 2nd to take him. Maybe packaging a later draft pick and our 2nd. I really like having 2 solid Safeties. It was nice knowing that our safeties could take the passing game aways from teams. I guess I just see the Cowgirls game, and just watching TO keep BURNING us.

What do you guys think, if we could, moving up in the 2nd to take him. Maybe packaging a later draft pick and our 2nd. I really like having 2 solid Safeties. It was nice knowing that our safeties could take the passing game aways from teams. I guess I just see the Cowgirls game, and just watching TO keep BURNING us.

Honestly, that was just an off game for Springs and the secondary in general. Phillips will not fall to the second round, it just won't happen. No way.

Other then that we pretty much kept TO silent, except for that one game. TO doesn't worry me, honestly. He's a game breaker but we somehow manage to man up when he's in town.

Reading that guy and seeing this guy interviewed have only made me like him more and more, it sure would be sweet if we could trade out of the 1st round get an additional 2nd and 3rd, and pick up Phillips early in the 2nd (only if g-men don't take him).

i watched a lot of kenny phillips since im a huge miami canes fan. he doesnt miss tackles, tackles low to make sure its a stop, plays smart in coverage despite low interceptions. 4.48 speed really wouldnt be bad for a SS. and then 19 reps is pretty solid. and with all the so called "depth" on the defensive line in this years draft, why not take kenny? im in favor of it because its a safe pick. look at the impact landry had and the impact reggie nelson had for the jags...rookie safeties are more productive early than rookie DE/DTs. also, dawan landry from baltimore...5 picks his rookie year. i would do this.

Poor guy. He's being set up for failure. Nothing good ever comes of being compared to great players before you've even had a chance to play.

IMO, people need to stop hyping him up so that he can be himself and not "the next Sean Taylor" or whatever.

KP is a good safety and was highly regarded as a top pick in the draft untill the combine. He slipped down do to team needs and his slow 40 time. He improved it alittle on pro day. I think it would be hard on the kid to come into DC and attempt to play in ST position coming from Miami.

I like Josh Barrett. Tall, Big and very fast just not as agile. I think Josh will still be there in the 3rd with our comp. pick.

KP is a good safety and was highly regarded as a top pick in the draft untill the combine. He slipped down do to team needs and his slow 40 time. He improved it alittle on pro day. I think it would be hard on the kid to come into DC and attempt to play in ST position coming from Miami.

I like Josh Barrett. Tall, Big and very fast just not as agile. I think Josh will still be there in the 3rd with our comp. pick.

He slipped before the combine. He slipped because he didn't get better last year at Miami. He gained weight and looked a lot more stiff. He will be a sound player and a safe pick in my opinion but he is not a "playmaker" I liked him much more the year before last when he was lighter and had more range it seemed. I said to myself then if he puts on a little weight he will be a top 10 pick but the bulk seemed to slow him down in my opinion (not straight line speed. more so change of direction and playing loose)

Archived