Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Article on Kenny Phillips - little about Sean Taylor

corrupt3d

i watched a lot of kenny phillips since im a huge miami canes fan. he doesnt miss tackles, tackles low to make sure its a stop, plays smart in coverage despite low interceptions. 4.48 speed really wouldnt be bad for a SS. and then 19 reps is pretty solid. and with all the so called "depth" on the defensive line in this years draft, why not take kenny? im in favor of it because its a safe pick. look at the impact landry had and the impact reggie nelson had for the jags...rookie safeties are more productive early than rookie DE/DTs. also, dawan landry from baltimore...5 picks his rookie year. i would do this.

If we got phillips, Landry would be put back in the box, and Phillips would roam the backfield I think. Seeing as Landry's natrual position was SS. Not that he didn't do a hell of a job against Seattle and the like.

If we got phillips, Landry would be put back in the box, and Phillips would roam the backfield I think. Seeing as Landry's natrual position was SS. Not that he didn't do a hell of a job against Seattle and the like.

Didn't Landry play FS in college? With the way LL played for us replacing Taylor at the end of the season, I think the coaches will keep him at FS rather than switch him back to SS. He seemed to play center field VERY well for us.

Archived