Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

University of Maryland - Draft picks ...

mi6

Maryland will be showcasing some decent talent this year ... and, among them

Joey Hanos is a standout. A great pass catching TE. The Skins should potentially consider getting him in one of the later rounds.

Another player to keep an eye out for is Christian Varner. A DB with good size, speed, and coverage skills.

Henderson and Lemons as LBs have upside too.

]']Not sure' date=' but shouldn't we be looking for a TE who is primarily a blocker? Since Cpt. Chaos is really our Go To guy?[/quote']

Isn't Todd Yoder the blocking TE, and also don't forget about Tyler Ecker who we drafted last year in the 7th round, but was placed on IR during training camp. I can't see us drafting a TE this year, too many other needs.

OK first of all Haynos is more of a blocking TE. and he would be an upgrade over Yoder, i wouldnt mind using a 6th round pick on him.

Dre moore will probably go in the 2-3 round and he is a good prospect that we may be looking at.

I doubt we'll be looking at Erin Henderson since he's going in the 2nd round but you never know.

and Heyward-bay isn't coming out this year

OK first of all Haynos is more of a blocking TE. and he would be an upgrade over Yoder, i wouldnt mind using a 6th round pick on him.

Dre moore will probably go in the 2-3 round and he is a good prospect that we may be looking at.

I doubt we'll be looking at Erin Henderson since he's going in the 2nd round but you never know.

and Heyward-bay isn't coming out this year

Very well said and true. Thank you for clearing all that up, so I wouldn't have to type it all. :)

Outside of one or two star players, the Terps often seem to get overlooked in the draft for some reason. I think it's very likely that Moore could be there when we pick in the second round, or perhaps even a bit later as I think he should go toward the end of the second round. Crummey may well last into the 5th.

I don't think either guy is going to be a star, but they'll both probably be solid lunchpail guys that get the job done.

Darrius Heyward-Bey will be a 1st round draft choice NEXT YEAR when he leaves as a junior, total all around talent. He is the only reason why I am happy Maryland isnt on the WVU schedule, not that he has done ANYTHING vs the Mounties but still one HELL of a talent.

Personally i like Trevor Laws out of Notre Dame better than Dre Moore in the 2nd round. Laws lost alot of draft attention mostly because of the ABSOLUTELY DISMAL Irish team that was fielded this year.

Darrius Heyward-Bey will be a 1st round draft choice NEXT YEAR when he leaves as a junior, total all around talent. He is the only reason why I am happy Maryland isnt on the WVU schedule, not that he has done ANYTHING vs the Mounties but still one HELL of a talent.

Personally i like Trevor Laws out of Notre Dame better than Dre Moore in the 2nd round. Laws lost alot of draft attention mostly because of the ABSOLUTELY DISMAL Irish team that was fielded this year.

I agree. Heyward-Bey will almost certainly be coming out next year after his junior season. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 10 pick, the man is tall and runs a sub 4.3 40. He's downright scary.

I agree. Heyward-Bey will almost certainly be coming out next year after his junior season. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 10 pick, the man is tall and runs a sub 4.3 40. He's downright scary.

sub 4.3? i call B.S. on that one my friend, sub 4.4 maybe but not in the 4.2 not pacman speed. Noel Devine doesnt run a sub 4.3 and ND is definately faster than DHB....see WVU vs MD 2007.

sub 4.3? i call B.S. on that one my friend, sub 4.4 maybe but not in the 4.2 not pacman speed. Noel Devine doesnt run a sub 4.3 and ND is definately faster than DHB....see WVU vs MD 2007.

First, HA. Noel "The Future Pacman Jones and Chris Henry" Devine, kids fast but he's gotta make smarter decisions.

Second:

http://hsmaryland.scout.com/a.z?s=394&p=8&c=1&nid=1289483

he's clocked there at a 4.36. He unofficially ran (with electronic timers) a 4.32 in Spring Training this year (I'm a football manager - thats how I know)

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=36104

Noel Devine ran a 4.4

EDIT: DHB runs track too, so most of his year is speed training, thats why I wouldn't be surprised that he is faster than ND.

Archived