Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lito Sheppard is still available. Thoughts?

SuperPhreak

I haven't seen much talk about Lito Sheppard. Word is the Eagles are still shopping him, and he's a proven player. He might have been a bit troubled with injuries the past season or so, but he's a proven Pro-Bowler and because he's been on the market for so long could come at the price of maybe.. a third round pick?

We have two of them now, and I know the Eagles might not be so keen on trading within the division, but not much has happened this far with him, so they might be willing to deal. We can eliminate a need, gain a proven player, and slim down where we move with our picks for the first, second, and third rounds.

It's just a thought.

Aging, above average but not great player?

Why trade for one?

Sign a similar FA to modest deal, perhaps, but no more trades for aging overrated players.

We need a CB, and should draft and develop one.

I'll give 'em an 8th round pick and the rights to Skip Hicks.

and a brandon lloyd cd

adam archuleta autographed jersey

gus ferotte's cat scan

that ham sandwhich everybodys trying to trade

and then sign him for the vet min.

oh and extra extra incentives.

[

QUOTE=Thoth]Aging, above average but not great player?
Why trade for one?

Sign a similar FA to modest deal, perhaps, but no more trades for aging overrated players.

We need a CB, and should draft and develop one.

He is the same age as Asante Samuels, matter of fact he is a couple months younger he's 26 came in the league in 2002!:doh:

What are Springs and Smoot? Your saying they are Great players?

He would add depth and give Rogers extra time to fully recover from his knee injuries plus he knows the style of D we are going to be playing!

3rd round pick is all i give them for him!:2cents:

The Philly newspapers report that the Eagles have received multiple offers for Sheppard and are mulling over the offers. He's a good bet to be traded on draft day for somewhere around a 2-3 round pick. I don't know which teams have made offers.

One, we don't need him. Two, we can get a player that fits our defense better in the draft (aka a more physical corner that likes to tackle as well - see ALL defensive backs on our roster, if any of them are better at one then the other, it's tackling :P) and three, he's never seemed that impressive to me. Yeah, he's made the Pro-Bowl, but I don't put a ton of value in that as much as I do what I see in games that I watch. He's good, but not that good, and considering the amount of picks we have this year, I'd rather keep every single one of them, it gives us a better chance of success. See, Giants last year.

Obviously, the Giants draft last year is like one in a million, but still, if we could get 5-6 guys out of what, nine picks, make the roster, that would be pretty successful, especially 4-5 of them make an impact, even if it's primarily on special teams.

Archived