Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC Blog -- Likely draft DL early, Chad, etc

Skinsinparadise

Hey do you think trading El and a 2009 pick to the Bengals or Cards is out of the question for there top WR's Johnson or Boldin?:logo:

Just a thought?

i would do it! I'd rather take a chance with Mason returning punts and kicks then ARE.

Hey do you think trading El and a 2009 pick to the Bengals or Cards is out of the question for there top WR's Johnson or Boldin?:logo:

Just a thought?

El isn't tradeable without majorly reworking his deal. His cap hit would be the same as Lloyd's. Anyways, the team likes El.

Jason

Zorn really seems to like Randle El, and is adamant about moving him to the slot. I could see Betts leaving, but not Randle El.

Just to clarify, Moss was actually traded for a 4th round pick, and Welker for a 2nd and 7th.

Chad is definately worth a second, if not a first. You have to admit what JLC says makes some sense, its just a matter of if it actually happens or not.

on the flip side...he couldn't have been overly vital to the Skins' thinking for a while there...they were fully willing to let him work the FA market.

good point ... but I think the fact that he was not a high commodity on the open market had a lot to do with that as well.

If you take a look at our situation compared to Cincy's situation, you can see that we are in better shape then them. We had a top 10 defense with injuries and road a depleated offense straight to the playoffs. Imagine if we had a mostly healthy team last season, we could have done a bit of damage in the playoffs. Heck we even beat the Giants. Now look at Cincy. They can't keep their players out of trouble. Their RB situation is horrible. Their defense is god awful. They are in a division they have an uphill climb to win every year.

Sure Chad can come here and do the same in some many years as he did in Cincy. But thats the name of the game. Look how Randy and TO did when they changed teams. Even when Dallas choked and the Patriots were exposed, both players right away defended their teams and shelved the blame. Neither of them turned against their team. Which everyone expected them to do. IMO Chad has no where near the character issues that either Moss or TO had in their previous teams.

Our FO has to see our MAJOR lack of WRs on the team. To think we are safe at WR is plain foolish. Moss is always banged up. So we are looking at a ARE, Thrash, Mix starting trio at some point this year since Moss is certain to be dinged up at some point. The question of moss's health is just as much of a concern as CJs reaction here if we dont succeed.

I completely agree. The Redskins have made the playoffs 2 of the past 3 years. We have a young, growing quarterback, pro bowl caliber runningback, pro bowl tight tend, solid o-line (assuming we draft some depth or Albert).

The two worst head cases in the league are Moss and T.O. Johnson is a little full of himself but he isn't notorious for being a cancer or not trying. When the Cowboys lost in the playoffs, TO cried defending Romo sits to pee. Cried.

I think CJ just wants a team that has a legitimate chance at being good. The Bengals don't. We have proven that we do.

I tend to agree with JLC. As exacting as this FO has been, as on top of things as they have been, they DID very deliberately, and with a plan, clear 8 million in cap space to sign SOMEONE. We never saw that person materialize. I just find it hard to believe this FO(as incompetent as they may have been in the past), cleared all that space just because they could. Im thinking there could be a draft day trade(ala Moss).

I am not on board with the idea of bringing Chad Johnson here, but I don't think the Redskins would need to give up as much as you are suggesting to get him.

The Patriots only gave up a 3rd rounder to get Randy Moss, and he is a better WR than Johnson.

OK, this is so annoying. The fact that the Pats gave up merely a third rounder does not dictate trades for WR's for the rest of time. Randy Moss was a different situation. He had NO value coming out of Oakland. New England paid the right price. If Moss was to be traded right now he would cost a 1st and 2nd and possibly more. Johnson will be a Redskin in 2008. I am calling that much right now, and have been for some time. He will also cost a 1st rounder in '09 and probably more.

OK, this is so annoying. The fact that the Pats gave up merely a third rounder does not dictate trades for WR's for the rest of time. Randy Moss was a different situation. He had NO value coming out of Oakland. New England paid the right price. If Moss was to be traded right now he would cost a 1st and 2nd and possibly more. Johnson will be a Redskin in 2008. I am calling that much right now, and have been for some time. He will also cost a 1st rounder in '09 and probably more.

I disagree that he had no value. The problem was that there were only a limited list of teams he was interested in being traded to, and he had the Raiders over a barrell because of his contract. He was only going to play ball with a winning team.

I think most of us recognized that the deal was going to be a steal for the Patriots, and it was a good assumption.

Jason

I think there will be a big trade involving the Redskins come draft day..IMO

It may or may not involve Chad Johnson with his pre-june cap hit,but it will be someone...

If it is a trade with the Bengals and for this draft,could the trade happen on draft day,but not count towards the bengals cap till after the June caphit deadline?

Haven't players been cut,but not counted till after post June cuts this year?

Why couldn't you trade for a player and find some loophole as well?

I could easily see us trading down to the Bengals for aquiring Chad Johnson in some draft day trade deal!What the deal could be,I don't know?

Maybe the Bengals would like our 21st pick?who knows?

This article gives me such a conflicted view of the Front Office. At one point I was optimistic that they had changed and had made a commitment to the draft, but it frightens me that JLC mentioned Snyder wanted Ted Ginn at 6 last year. I'm now terrified they will do something awful, and I hope that cooler better football heads will do the drafting. Does this make anyone feel like this commitment to the draft this year is only a one year thing because the team happened to find itself with so many picks? Are they going to mortgage away the future in an attempt to win a superbowl next year with a rookie head coach and brand new offensive system by trading away everything for an annoying mouthy selfish receiver? Maybe its just that Chad Johnson scares me, and I wouldn't care half so much if Larry Fitzgerald or Torry Holt's name were subsituted into this scenario. Please Front Office, observe the Colts and Patriots and what they do! Those franchises have had more success than any other over the past decade, can't we just copy them?

Archived