Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Fan Nation Mock, SKins on the clock@5

BALLz

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=snmock08

Didn't see this posted anywhere, even did the google search. Redskins vote starts at 5:00 on 3/25

Right now Harvey and Merling are still available as well as Albert and Devin Thomas. Sweed, Kelly and Hardy are all gone.

Click the link and let'em know who we want.

I have know idea how Harvey dropped that low but I'm voting for him. He'll probably be top 15 in the real thing.

You can vote on the Skins now. Chris Williams, OT, was my choice. Albert wasn't onbe of the options you could pick.

BTW, if you look at whom Sportsnation voted on last year, they only got the Giants right. And their draft guys are pretty critical of who sportsnation is voting on in this draft. Also, you can vote multiple times. I don't know why ESPN let's you do that, it skews everything.

There are some pretty weird picks in this...a bunch of serious reaches. Matt Ryan #1 overall?? DRC at #7 is possible but sounds a tad high. Talib at 10 also seems a bit high. No way Kelly and Sweed are back to back #11 and #12. I love Sweed but that is a reach for him. I just can't see Kelly going that high with the concern about his knee problems; I'd be inclinded to think they'd go for Sweed or Thomas before Kelly. Chad Henne at 14?? Hardy at 19...another pretty big reach.

If McKelvin drops that far wed be stupid not to take him.

Couldnt agree more. Not the most needed position in round one but if he is there i would take him in a second. I would have a real hard time passing Chris Williams as well. To me he is right there with Jake Long as the best tackle in the draft. I know he played a SEC schedule and faced some great players but if he was at a USC or Michigan we would be talking about him in the top 5.

LOL at Manningham even being an option... much less winning.

McKelvin and Harvey are the ones I'm considering. I'd lean toward Harvey.

I selected Harvey for the simple fact that Merling isn't an option. It was tough to pass up McKelvin, but I guess it's wishful thinking Carlos will be back early.

Manningham? IDK, he posted slightly better #'s at his proday. But I probably would have leaned toward Thomas if he were an option despite the one year wonder knock.

Once again shows how dumb SportsNation is. Manningham has 44.7% of the vote with almost 20,000 total votes. Manningham is a consensus 2nd-round pick on most mock drafts. I'd love for Derrick Harvey to fall to us. He's my number 3 DE after Long and Gholston.

McShay's list of top needs is also wrong:

1. WR

2. S

3. DE

4. OT

5. CB

It should be more like:

1. DE - haven't addressed in draft before 5th round since 1997, leading to our multiple attempts to bring in free agents (Bruce Smith, Coleman, Wynn, Upshaw, Daniels, Carter), with most being short-term solutions at best. While Andre Carter (29) can hold down the RE spot, we need a replacement for Philip Daniels (35). His top backup, Evans will be 29 before the season as well. Chris Wilson at 246 lbs. is way too light to complement Carter (252 lbs.)

2. WR - Only proven guys with upside are Moss and Randle El. Thrash is getting up in age and injuries. Mix is promising but still a question mark. Still need another big target for Jason Campbell

3. OG - Age + injuries = need youth and depth. Pete Kendall (35) dealt with continuous knee soreness leading to taking practices off throughout the season. Randy Thomas (32) has had two serious injuries causing him to be placed on IR 2 of the last 3 years. Top backup, Jason Fabini (34) had been a tackle all his career before being forced into the starting lineup last year, also has some durability questions.

4. CB - Shawn Springs (35) has a massive contract, Fred Smoot (29) dealt with some nagging injuries before coming on strong late, Carlos Rogers (27) is recovering from serious ligament damage that may affect his career in how well he can come back. Besides those three, only young players with little playing experience.

5. OLB - Washington (turns 31 in season) has had injury issues for the last 2 years, also his contract is getting larger in the back-end part of the deal signed back in 2004. McIntosh is also recovering from ligament damage that may affect his explosiveness.

Manningham would be my last choice in this poll so naturally, he's way ahead. :doh:

I was torn between Harvey and McKelvin but voted for Harvey.

Don't worry, we won't draft a WR in the first anyways...so let all those who want a WR in the first have their time to dream since they will be so sad on draft day when we draft a DL or OL with the first

Don't worry, we won't draft a WR in the first anyways...so let all those who want a WR in the first have their time to dream since they will be so sad on draft day when we draft a DL or OL with the first

I would definitely prefer to go OL or DL but I'm not so sure we won't go WR in order to give Zorn a little help with the WCO. FO has done a good job not tipping their hand thus far so it's hard to tell exactly what we're going to do.

Archived