Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please say a Prayer for my Uncle **Updated 03/14/08**

jb4348

Hey everyone,

I don't normally start threads that often, but my uncle had a major heart attack on Sat and today was the first I heard about it since I am not that close to my fathers side anymore after he passed away. I was just wondering if you could say a prayer and if you don't pray send him some hopeful and warm wished thoughts. Thanks everyone.

***UPDATED FRIDAY MAR 14TH***

I just got news from my sister that my Uncle has awaken from his Coma today after 6 days. I don't have much more info then that. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your wishes.

First I want to say is thank you everyone for your support and best wishes.

The news this morning was that he opened his eyes for a min. However they tried to ween him off of the seditive to get him out of his coma and it didn't work. He is still using the machine to breath. The problem is that it took so long to get to the hospital there could be possible brain damage and that is the biggest issue. The doctors told us that his heart is very strong, but the lack of oxygen to his brain is where the issue is. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks again. HTTR

I feel obligated to warn you that in many cases (not always), there are positive signs just prior to the person finally passing. My grandma who died two years ago was delirious for days before suddenly becoming conscious and alert. She died the following day.

My grandpa was comatose for a few days but began to show signs of smiling at people's voices and opened his eyes just prior to dying.

Out of my family, the example that jumps to mind is ST who, as you will recall, began squeezing a nurses hand, the first sign of anything since he had lost consciousness, before ultimately passing.

Just think you should be prepared. Stuff like that is more often than not a GOOD sign, but it's not uncommon for it to also be the last bit of energy before a person dies.

I feel obligated to warn you that in many cases (not always), there are positive signs just prior to the person finally passing. My grandma who died two years ago was delirious for days before suddenly becoming conscious and alert. She died the following day.

My grandpa was comatose for a few days but began to show signs of smiling at people's voices and opened his eyes just prior to dying.

Out of my family, the example that jumps to mind is ST who, as you will recall, began squeezing a nurses hand, the first sign of anything since he had lost consciousness, before ultimately passing.

Just think you should be prepared. Stuff like that is more often than not a GOOD sign, but it's not uncommon for it to also be the last bit of energy before a person dies.

I appreciate your honesty and you're probably right, but just trying to hope for the best and stay as positive as I can. Thanks though for the heads up.

Archived