Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Speeding Ticket

notoriouslyKEN

I can't speak for MD law, but in VA if you plead guilty to the charge that is 5 points, you will get 5 negative points. The judge can only decrease the money on the ticket, they can't decrease points (that is a dmv thing) Best thing for you to do is to prepay the ticket (if you are able to) and take a driver improver class....one of those can get you +5 pionts.....then it will be like you never got that ticket.

I got pulled over once...

but I'm a girl, and therefore, sweet-talking my way out of it was in order.

and I did.

Always smartest to go to court though. I tried to go to court for another ticket I had gotten (from a female cop, damn), but the front left tire decided to roll off of my dad's truck on the way there. Karma's a ***** I guess...

its all good.... I probably wouldn't have care but Mark has been a good friend to me and was kind enough to introduce me to his lovely daughter so I had to stick up for her. :)

Mark raised this girl to be tough, a little talk like that aint gonna bother her. She's been going to the away Philly game for years. If she can handle that anything posted on here is a small potatoes. :laugh:

I was traveling home from work today and got a speeding ticket. Not just any speeding ticket either, this is the mother of speeding tickets. I was doing 73 in a 35mph. Luckily, the officer only wrote me up for exceeding the speed. I guess he could of gotten me for reckless driving and/or speed greater than reasonable. It's been a long while since I got one. I looked it up online and it says it is 5 points. The ticket's fine amount is $290. I don't want to cough up that money and I definitely don't need the points on my once clean license. Should I go to Montgomery County Court to try to fight the citation or just pay the fine and take the points? If I go to court, I will plead guilty, but try to talk down the points and fine and offer to take a class. Think that will work?

Have you gotten probation before judgement for any prior tickets? If so, I'm afraid you might be screwed. A lawyer may be a good way of reducing points/fine and would probably be worth the cash.

What did the cop actually put on the ticket for your speed?

Mark raised this girl to be tough, a little talk like that aint gonna bother her. She's been going to the away Philly game for years. If she can handle that anything posted on here is a small potatoes. :laugh:

hell yeah. what a true fact. i'm no easily-offended chick. :-P those eagles fans can't touch this. even if they did try to egg our tailgate... ****s. haha.

Have you gotten probation before judgement for any prior tickets? If so, I'm afraid you might be screwed. A lawyer may be a good way of reducing points/fine and would probably be worth the cash.

What did the cop actually put on the ticket for your speed?

Never had a PBJ before, let alone a PBJ for a speeding ticket.

On the ticket under 01) 21-801 He wrote Exceed Max. Speed 73 MPH in 35 zone. Where 73 and 35 are the things he filled in.

buy the metro combo pass, it's cheaper and you can ride the subway too :laugh:

seriously, ask a md. attorney if you can request that the judge withold ajudication. In other words, you plead guilty, pay the fines and costs and the

record of it goes away, or goes away after 12 months of safe driving. Works in FL, they just want the Moneeeeeeey :silly:

I was doing 73 in a 35mph.

Honestly man.. Why the hell were you going so fast? I mean a 17 year old boy, stereotypically, Im suppose to be a reckless dumb driver. But you would never catch me doing that unless someone was dying.

I say you were lucky you didn't get reckless, you should of.. and with that, just walk away being happy with what you got.. and that you didn't kill anybody.

Honestly man.. Why the hell were you going so fast? I mean a 17 year old boy, stereotypically, Im suppose to be a reckless dumb driver. But you would never catch me doing that unless someone was dying.

I say you were lucky you didn't get reckless, you should of.. and with that, just walk away being happy with what you got.. and that you didn't kill anybody.

Agreed. It's all fun and games until someone dies. I've seen innocent families die because one person was speeding. A call a ran a year ago in loudon county comes to mind. A man just got back from iraq, he was with his newborn and wife going to get pizza and go to a park. An idiot was speeding and text messaging and slammed smack dad into their car killing all 3.

agreed, unless it was like 3 am, you're going a little over board with the speed my friend.

I'd be tempted to pay the fine and keep my mouth shut.

AFAIK, if you go to court, then the court has the authority to find you guilty of additional charges, like reckless. My temptation would be pay the fine, and hope that this incident never crosses the desk of anybody who has the authority to tack on more charges.

Honestly man.. Why the hell were you going so fast?

Believe it or not, but I am actually a very safe driver. I have no other speeding tickets within the past 5 years. I haven't had an accident since I was 16 years old (my only accident) and that caused no damage (wasn't reported to insurance). I was speeding because it was a nice day out, the road is a dead straight away, there are no houses/traffic/children playing on that stretch of road, and sometimes it feels good to just open your engine up. Unfortunately for me, someone was waiting for someone like me to come driving through.

Archived