Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On 6:00 Sportscenter, Kiper says DeSean Jackson good fit for Skins

skinzdar55

Mel Kiper may not have the Redskins as his 1st team, but he definitely has an affinity for the Redskins. *shrugs* BTW, if Kiper grew up in Baltimore, wouldn't he have been a "Colts" fan? If you know anything about the Colts and Kiper, you know they don't get along now (and it could be mostly because of the move). I haven't actually heard him say he is a fan of one team or another, and if he was it wouldn't matter to me. He has always been pretty reasonable in his assessment of players and where he thinks they will fit.

Anyway, my interpretation of what he said is that Desean Jackson would be a good fit... His mock drafts that I've seen have Jackson going at 20 to Tampa Bay, before we pick.

Kiper said the same thing on Redskins Radio the Mike and Mike show this morning around 9am. He see the Bucs or The Skins looking at him.

I think he's a playmaker but too small. Look at what happened with Ted Ginn Jr. last year. Now that was a playmaker but has not really worked out in Miami.

I still on the DRC bandwagon. Kiper has him in late first round!!! TAKE CROMARTIE AT #21!!!

kiper is an idiot.

we already have a 5'9 170 lbs WR

How is Kiper an idiot? The guy has absoutley no notes at all that he reads from come draft day, and can tell you endless stats about any player in the draft. The guy lives for the last weekend in April. I put ALOT of stock into what he has to say. I distinctly remember him saying that the Redskins would land Landry before the draft last year.

If this kid is the best avilable player @ 21 I could care less how tall he is. I want an impact WR if hes 5'9 so be it. The key is that he fits into Coach Zorn's scheme. I personally would rather draft a CB in the first round, but if this kid Jackson is there @ 21 and hes the best avilable player on our board at that point then draft him.

if kiper was as good at this draft stuff as espn wants us to believe he is, an nfl team would have scooped him up years ago.

his mock drafts are entertaining - it is interesting to see who he thinks we will end up with, and assessing situations and needs for 32 teams is not easy. but lets face it - there are 15 guys in each NFL oganization that have a better idea where the draft is headed than mel kiper.

Why is everybody so high up on Limas Sweed, he is going to be the next Rod Gardner...his hands are suspect just call him 50/50. To me it does not matter if you are tall or short , if you can make plays and produce tds thats all I care about . Jackson imo wold be a great pic because he can do multiple things..have you seen him return punts ...amazing you cant teach a 4.2.

if kiper was as good at this draft stuff as espn wants us to believe he is, an nfl team would have scooped him up years ago.

his mock drafts are entertaining - it is interesting to see who he thinks we will end up with, and assessing situations and needs for 32 teams is not easy. but lets face it - there are 15 guys in each NFL oganization that have a better idea where the draft is headed than mel kiper.

Thats not the point. Don't you think if Mel Kiper WANTED to be a college scouting director of an NFL Franchise he would of done so by now? I sure would think so.

The key is Kiper talks about ALL of the guys who "have a better idea" than he has. Mel knows about deals that are potentially lined up before the draft. Thats why I hold is word in high regard. He constantally is talking to NFL execs to gage where they are looking.

The man sits there on Draft day with absoutley No Notes in front of him, and can tell you everything about a player that is taken in the draft. Mel Kiper is a walking computer, and he is personally on of my favorites in the business

Why is everybody so high up on Limas Sweed, he is going to be the next Rod Gardner...his hands are suspect just call him 50/50.

What exactly are you basing this on?

amazing you cant teach a 4.2.

He ran a 4.35 and at 5'9 169 lbs. Not that impressive for that size and the hype around him.

Effective receivers in the WCO are able to get yards after the catch. THAT is what Jackson gives you. Yes, he WOULD be a good fit with the Skins but we already have a guy like him in Moss. The BEST fit at WR would be a guy with size that can move the chains and be effective in the red zone.

Archived