Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

On 6:00 Sportscenter, Kiper says DeSean Jackson good fit for Skins

skinzdar55

http://www.espn.com

Sorry I can't provide direct link but on ESPN's home page, to the right,on page 2 of sportscenter videos, click on Kiper's view of WRs and TEs.

I thought i heard him say this while i was watching on t.v @ 6:00 but wasn't sure so, it took me a while, but i found a video feed of him talking about it.

IMO Jackson is a good playmaker but I don't think that he is what the team needs at WR (size wise)

No way... I would rather just keep caldwell and use the pick somewhere else. If Jackson were to fall to the third round then I can see drafting him as a Hester type, but definetly not in the first round.

He definitely seems to be more of a potential special teams ace rather than a stud wide out.

You never know but I for one hope the Skins don't use the #21 pick to find out.

Jackson is really short and light, so not too excited about that. But he could probably learn a lot from Santana and model his game after Moss.

I think we're replacing a few WRs this year. Lloyd, Caldwell, McCardell may all be gone. Getting a talented small WR and a bigger WR somewhere in the draft (or undrafted FA) could be interesting.

I'm not necessarily a Jackson fan, but talent is more important than height . . . or have you forgotten the big debate over Gardner vs. Moss seven years ago.

Haven't forgotten, but I would rather see them go for height AND talent if possible

Maybe the Iggles or Bucs will take him ahead of us anyway. Sweed is more of a jumper than Jackson. I dont want either IMO.

I've said all along that I hoped that we would go DL, OL, CB, in the draft and look to FA for a WR, but it seems that the WR pool in FA is drying up as we speak.

So heres to a trade for Fitzgerald. :cheers:

(I know, I know, not happening but I can dream can't I ?)

Even though he underperformed last season at Cal... those clips really show how quick he can seperate. He looked to be pretty good after the catch as well. Sometimes I'm guilty of wanting a Wr for height. Steve Smith is one of the best red zone WR's in the game, not because of size but because of tenacity. Jackson's style is identical to Steve Smith. Time will tell if hes as good.

Meh meh meh Desean Jackson...Redskins need another midget WR..... tomorrow Calais Campbell... the next day Limus Sweed....the next day Rogers Cromartie... I have no life so I make mocks all day and usually get a few right each year...some one look at me... I need to comb my hair. ESPN please don't fire me.

Archived