Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michelle Obama: America is ‘Just Downright Mean’

Westcoastskinfan

There is a difference actually. As you correctly point out, most people have indeed done a line or smoked a joint. Many people have done it and are still decent, productive citizens. Lying or tying to hide it afterward does however say something. It does speak to one's character and honesty. Those things are still important, right?

And if the biggest critisizm of Mrs. Obama is that she's whiny, then we have nothing to worry about.

As Burgold pointed out, she's said nothing that isn't true. We are a divided country with downright mean people. Now, it does come from both sides of the aisled, but it does not make it untrue.

These are good points, and it hasnt changed my opinion on her one way or another. As I said, she is trying to relate,, she just cant.

Id say the coverup of minor drug use is acceptable simply because of the knowledge that the press are jackals who would love nothing more than to ruin your career over something insignificant. Now, if they were hiding a heroin addiction, or a crack habit, that is totally different, but hiding a small transgression that could be used against you in an arena that is not very fair with regard to context, I can forgive.

~Bang

Man, a strong opinionated Black woman has the far right flabbergasted.She's a diamond.Obama is blessed to have her as a wife.

It's not because she's Black, it's because she's a Democrat. If she was a Republican, the whole show would be exactly the same, except most of the players would have switched sides, with The_Cavalierman leading the charge and Air Force Cane playing defense.

What the? A good part of ES hates Oprah, as far as I can recall. She certainly didn't make her money off of the typical ESer.
Ok. Do they hate here because she is an outspoken black woman? NO. There was absolutely no reason to introduce race into the debate.

It is going to be hilarious watching Clinton take apart the Boy Wonder over the next six months.

His entire "HOPE AND CHANGE" shtick is already tired, it will be simply annoying after suffering 6 more defeats in the next four months- including losing Pennsylvania.

Shouldn't you be trying to bribe some of the Superdelegates like Obama used to do in Chicago instead of chatting on a message board?

It's one thing to be a little partisan but you just come across

as a really nasty guy.

I'll buy that. My comment was limited to Oprah.
I used Oprah because she makes what $250M a year? She is outspoken and black, and a large portion of the American public would make horse**** stew if Oprah said it was good. Look at her book club. Every book she endorses hits the bestseller list.

I used Oprah because she makes what $250M a year? She is outspoken and black, and a large portion of the American public would make horse**** stew if Oprah said it was good. Look at her book club. Every book she endorses hits the bestseller list.

Yes, of course.

But Thanos was talking about ExtremeSkins right wingers. Not too many of them listen to Oprah, and several have expressed dislike for her in the past.

Yes, of course.

But Thanos was talking about ExtremeSkins right wingers. Not too many of them listen to Oprah, and several have expressed dislike for her in the past.

And he lumped everyone that thinks she should shut up is a right winger who is afraid of an opinionated black woman. Not the case.

And he lumped everyone that thinks she should shut up is a right winger who is afraid of an opinionated balck woman. Not the case.

Absolutely I agree.

I was just pointing out that your example of Oprah didn't prove anything, because ES rightwingers don't tend to like her either.

We are just talking past each other. There is no disagreement here. :cheers:

Absolutely I agree.

I was just pointing out that your example of Oprah didn't prove anything, because ES rightwingers don't tend to like her either.

We are just talking past each other. There is no disagreement here. :cheers:

No damnit! I can't agree with you! You are one of those left coast liberals!:silly:

I will be enjoying the sunsets form my beachfront balcony in Pismo in 5 short days! In the hot tub with the wife, a few beers, and the Pacific a few feet away. Man, I have been waiting for this vacation for over a year!

No damnit! I can't agree with you! You are one of those left coast liberals!:silly:

I will be enjoying the sunsets form my beachfront balcony in Pismo in 5 short days! In the hot tub with the wife, a few beers, and the Pacific a few feet away. Man, I have been waiting for this vacation for over a year!

Awesome! Pismo is sweet. The butterfly grove is pretty cool, and don't miss San Simeon. Good food at a place called "A Couple Blocks Off the Beach" or something like that.

Ok. Do they hate here because she is an outspoken black woman? NO. There was absolutely no reason to introduce race into the debate.

Other than the fact that she herself is referrencing to race when she talks about growing up, attending school etc. Unless you missed it. :doh:

I don't have a problem with anything she said. On the left we have concepts referred to as "nuance" and "context." It basically means every issue isn't black and white, as in you can be critical of your country while still being patriotic. Republicans in this thread are trying to tell Barrack Obama to put a "muzzle" on her....ain't gonna happen. That might be what you do to outspoken women in the right wing but that isn't our way. Michelle Obama is a very compelling speaker and extremely intelligent. She is an asset in terms of people who will consider voting for Obama. Outside of hardcore Republican circles, Limbaugh and O'Reilly have 0.00% influence. Regardless of what she says, they're going to try and smear her.

Awesome! Pismo is sweet. The butterfly grove is pretty cool, and don't miss San Simeon. Good food at a place called "A Couple Blocks Off the Beach" or something like that.
Yeah, my wife went to Cal Poly SLO, so she has been bragging on the area for just a few years. Her dad is having minor surgery, so we decided to go see him and hang at the beach for a while. I will officially set foot in the Pacific Ocean for the first time in my life! Atlantic, Pacific, Mediterranian, and Adriatic. Only a few more to go!

Other than the fact that she herself is referrencing to race when she talks about growing up, attending school etc. Unless you missed it. :doh:
Come on! Was Michelle Obama involved in this debate? Did anyone else ever mention the fact that Michelle Obama was black? I could care less if she were green. Bears no consequence to the debate.

Yeah, my wife went to Cal Poly SLO, so she has been bragging on the area for just a few years. Her dad is having minor surgery, so we decided to go see him and hang at the beach for a while. I will officially set foot in the Pacific Ocean for the first time in my life! Atlantic, Pacific, Mediterranian, and Adriatic. Only a few more to go!

That is just about the border between NorCal and SoCal.

Be sure to drive up Big Sur for a ways. One of the most beautiful places on Earth.

Archived