Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mussina pwns preseason - oh BOY!!!

portisizzle

and how many have the Orioles won dring that time

The same. But they did it without spending half the money.

If baseball wants to get me to watch again, I suggest realigning the divisions every year. Do it by payroll.

Or better, make all 4 playoff teams in each League play in one division the next year.

As it stands from this point on, the Orioles have absolutely no chance of ever making the postseason. The Yanks and Redsox will simply outspend them every year.

So Im stuck relishing watching a money grubbing piece of **** like Mussina lose as my only real joy in the game.

The same. But they did it without spending half the money.

If baseball wants to get me to watch again, I suggest realigning the divisions every year. Do it by payroll.

Or better, make all 4 playoff teams in each League play in one division the next year.

As it stands from this point on, the Orioles have absolutely no chance of ever making the postseason. The Yanks and Redsox will simply outspend them every year.

So Im stuck relishing watching a money grubbing piece of **** like Mussina lose as my only real joy in the game.

wait the marlins won the WS, the rockies just made the WS, the dback won the WS

wait the marlins won the WS, the rockies just made the WS, the dback won the WS

I'm convinced you just can not get non Red Sox/Yankees/Mets fans to understand this simple concept. They complain we buy championships, but are very quick to point out we haven't won since 2000. :wtf:

I think just about any team in MLB can win a WS if they can get to the playoffs. Even a crappy team like the Royals or Rays wins and sometimes sweeps 3 and 4 game series during the season.

But over 162 game season, the Orioles, Rays and to some extent the Blue Jays, have no chance to beat BOTH the Sox and Yanks.

You can site teams like the Marlins or Rockies Dbacks etc, but NONE of them have to beat both the Yanks and Redsox over 162 games.

Make it fair and move those two into diffrerent divisions every few years.

I'm convinced you just can not get non Red Sox/Yankees/Mets fans to understand this simple concept. They complain we buy championships, but are very quick to point out we haven't won since 2000. :wtf:

the reason why the yankees enjoyed so much success was their farm system. If you have a great farm system, you can always be a good team, despite your budget. Oakland did it for a while. Look at the upcoming Brewers

I think just about any team in MLB can win a WS if they can get to the playoffs. Even a crappy team like the Royals or Rays wins and sometimes sweeps 3 and 4 game series during the season.

But over 162 game season, the Orioles, Rays and to some extent the Blue Jays, have no chance to beat BOTH the Sox and Yanks.

You can site teams like the Marlins or Rockies Dbacks etc, but NONE of them have to beat both the Yanks and Redsox over 162 games.

Make it fair and move those two into diffrerent divisions every few years.

Nobody is stopping you from spending the money. Angelos can afford to spend more.

By the way - the D'Backs and Rockies are 26 and 27 in payroll (per 2007 numbers) and they play in a division with the Giants and Dodgers, who were both in the top 11. The D'Backs and Rockies made it to the NLCS - the Giants and Dodgers didn't make the postseason.

Archived