Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Redskins keep Reche Caldwell ?(merged & M.E.T.)

Redskins4ever

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I was hoping Caldwell would have agreed to a 1 or 2 year deal prior to FA. He wanted to check out the market. Hopefully the door was left open for his return. He is a very good route runner and reliable receiver.

I agree, Caldwell played well at the end of last season. I think re-signing him would not be a bad move.

i like both mix and caldwell

we can manage i think with moss ARE caldwell and mix, it could be better but a lot of teams have won with worse (come on the giants only have plax and a washed up toomer and they won the SB over the best team ever apparently)

in relation to ARE you guys are WAY too harsh on the man, first off he was a QB until a few years ago.

ARE had the 27th most receptions in the NFC last year by a WR so lets think about this....16 NFC teams, that makes him a middle of the road #2 WR, which is fine especially considering he missed a few games this season. You guys give him no respect, and you like moss more??? HOW MANY BALLS DID MOSS DROP THIS YEAR?? HOW MANY GAMES DID MOSS LOSE FOR US?? HOW MANY TIMES DID ARE LOSE A GAME FOR US?? DID ARE EVER PULL HIMSELF FOR DROPPING 4 PASSES IN 1 GAME AND FOR FUMBLING THE BALL AND COSTING US A GAME.....and oh yea if moss doesnt fumble and cost us the packers game we are in the giants spot and have their road in the playoffs...hmmm...

Not only does he run very good routes. He has better then average hands. If he only had that second gear to stretch the field. I hope he comes back.:cheers:

Precisely what I think. I like the fellow, hope he comes back and ends up being a solid #4 WR.

Lije most posters on this thread I thought Caldwell played well last year and would make a good and pretty cheap 3rd / 4th receiver. JLC reported in his blog last week that we had been in touch with his agent so there is at least an interest in bringing him back if the price is right.

One thing to be aware of though is that Caldwell has a chronic knee condition which needs watching.

I don't know what you have against the Pats, but I feel the same way against the Cow girls. I would think everyone here would feel that way too 'bout the rivals in our division.

I'm not meaning to start a topic wiyhin a topic, but,,,,

I kinda feel the same about Portis. I dislike the broncos sooooo much I actually have a dificult time rooting for CP.

Till game day, then he's ALL SKINZ BABY!!!!

Caldwell should be our #3 receiver right behind the #1 and Moss. But just like 45% of our FA's..........they come to the Redskins to only have their career go down the tubes. I've never seen a team acquire so many big names only to have them either be inactive, or sitting the bench.

Actually, he should be our #4 behind Hackett too. Caldwell is a very useful guy to have as a role player.

I think it's time for Thrash to be replaced by Mix as our fifth WR (and hopefully better in the future) and special teams ace from the WR corps. Caldwell can fill Thrash's role as a third down utility WR.

Caldwell made some important catches last season and I'd like to see him stay around. I think he will be affordable and he runs good routes, has good hands. I'm still for p/u Hackett as a #2 receiver. Move ARE to the slot and use Caldwell ans the #4 rec.

With Antwaan Randle El slated as our #2 WR, and Santana Moss as the primary WR in the offense, where does Caldwell stand? There's been much talk and anticipation for the Redskins to either acquire, trade for, or draft a big WR. But behind Moss currently, is ARE really the best WR?

Reche was golden in New England, and the only reason he wasn't retained there was because they decided to go with Welker, Randy Moss, and Stallworth. But Reche Caldwell is not a bad WR by far and could be starting for most teams in the NFL. He would definitely be suited for being the #2 WR behind Santana.

THoughts?

I think he should be starting over A.R.E. All he does is run good routes and catch the ball.

I think we're going to end up resigning him later on in FA, and then have come in to compete for a roster spot. Currently on our roster, we have at WR:

Moss

Randle El

Thrash

Mix

Espy

There was alot of talk about Espy last season before he got injured in the preseason. I'm kinda dissapointed that he got hurt since he could've shown his potential this season with Moss and Randle El and Lloyd getting hurt. Regardless, we need to resign Caldwell to compete for a spot. And don't forget that we are planning to go after a big WR this off season, looking more and more that this will happen in the draft.

:D

May I remind you that, while Mix looked ridiculous on special teams last year and should definitely be awarded by having a chance to play some WR, none of us have really seen him do anything in games. I think he caught a ball or two last year, but that's it.

He is definitely not a number 2, but he is fine as a number 4, which is where he will be after we sign or draft our big guy.

Caldwell is too good to be a #4. He has everything you want in a #2. If we let this guy get snapped up.... especially by a say... Philly squad... it would be a huge mistake.

I think he can probably give us another good couple of seasons. He's what? 28? 29?

I'd still like to pick up someone younger to kind of groom and bring along as a legit #1 or #2, but I think Reche can definitely be productive for us.

I voted yes, I thought he was in his late 30's until I read Honorary_Hog asking about his age and so checked the roster...he's only 29.

I thought he came through very well last year. I don't remember all the catches, but I do remember him being a clutch, go-to guy, kind of complementing Cooley and being a nice, second relief valve for Cmpbell

Archived