Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should Redskins keep Reche Caldwell ?(merged & M.E.T.)

Redskins4ever

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

With Antwaan Randle El slated as our #2 WR, and Santana Moss as the primary WR in the offense, where does Caldwell stand? There's been much talk and anticipation for the Redskins to either acquire, trade for, or draft a big WR. But behind Moss currently, is ARE really the best WR?

Reche was golden in New England, and the only reason he wasn't retained there was because they decided to go with Welker, Randy Moss, and Stallworth. But Reche Caldwell is not a bad WR by far and could be starting for most teams in the NFL. He would definitely be suited for being the #2 WR behind Santana.

THoughts?

Caldwell should be our #3 receiver right behind the #1 and Moss. But just like 45% of our FA's..........they come to the Redskins to only have their career go down the tubes. I've never seen a team acquire so many big names only to have them either be inactive, or sitting the bench.

AKA David Macklin.....for some reason GW thought Torrence was better suited for the defense. Thank god GW isn't our headcoach. Doubt he would like Ocho Cinco on our team.......so of course he would be sitting the bench or not even active.

I hope he does resign with the Redskins. I just wish Saunders and Hixon would have given him more opportunties than he got. Reche is a topnotch WR.

Really not seeing how you believe this. He did lead the Patriots in receptions two years ago, but it was only 61 receptions, no where even remotely near tops in the league.

Then, he was cut and wasnt even on an NFL roster when the season started. If he was "top notch", some talent scout somewhere would have made sure he made an active roster.

He is a solid route runner that you can count on to be where he is supposed to be, but lacks any big play ability and does not do much after the catch.

I hope we resign him to the vet minimum, I like him in the four spot, but nothing more.

They're all tainted huh MSF?

In my mind that entire franchise is the living embodiment of everything that is WRONG with the NFL today. There is NOTHING positive about that franchise in my mind and nobody who has ever been involved with it that I would want to be involved in the Redskins franchise.

I was hoping Caldwell would have agreed to a 1 or 2 year deal prior to FA. He wanted to check out the market. Hopefully the door was left open for his return. He is a very good route runner and reliable receiver.

Not only does he run very good routes. He has better then average hands. If he only had that second gear to stretch the field. I hope he comes back.:cheers:

In my mind that entire franchise is the living embodiment of everything that is WRONG with the NFL today. There is NOTHING positive about that franchise in my mind and nobody who has ever been involved with it that I would want to be involved in the Redskins franchise.
If anyone else had written this I'd have a long drawn out response and probably included a few questions. Instead all I have wow.

Caldwell along with other current or past Patriot's could help the Redskins.:2cents:

Really not seeing how you believe this. He did lead the Patriots in receptions two years ago, but it was only 61 receptions, no where even remotely near tops in the league.

Then, he was cut and wasnt even on an NFL roster when the season started. If he was "top notch", some talent scout somewhere would have made sure he made an active roster.

He is a solid route runner that you can count on to be where he is supposed to be, but lacks any big play ability and does not do much after the catch.

I hope we resign him to the vet minimum, I like him in the four spot, but nothing more.

I don't know the story about why he wasn't on an NFL roster on opening day. Maybe he wanted more money than teams were willing to spend. His overall ability is better than ARE. I think he could start for the Redskins. If he's not in Washington for the start of the season this year, I'd be very surprised. I just believe he's better than a #3 or #4 WR.

He seemed to come thru whenever he was called upon. I'd pick-up ocho, keep ARE as #2, and reche #3. Moss can go. He has dropped 1 too many passes for me, and he is hurt way too often. Are is right on that verge too. But Are has better hands and is more versatile. So, keep Are get rid of Moss. Get ocho instead of the original Moss.

Caldwell along with other current or past Patriot's could help the Redskins.:2cents:

Whether they can be helpful to the team or not is immaterial. That jersey is the equivelant of willingly and knowingly wearing a swastika in my mind. There's nothing positive that has ever been associated with it.

Caldwell should be our #3 receiver right behind the #1 and Moss. But just like 45% of our FA's..........they come to the Redskins to only have their career go down the tubes. I've never seen a team acquire so many big names only to have them either be inactive, or sitting the bench.

You are aware that we got him off the street after the season already started, right? Caldwell was collecting unemployment in week 1, he was not some big FA.

That said, we should be able to bring him back as a #3 or 4 cheap. This has been his problem with us, someone needs to get injured before we can really work him into the game. Although that might change with the new offense as we might actually run four and five receiver sets, something we never did last year.

Whether they can be helpful to the team or not is immaterial. That jersey is the equivelant of willingly and knowingly wearing a swastika in my mind. There's nothing positive that has ever been associated with it.

I don't know what you have against the Pats, but I feel the same way against the Cow girls. I would think everyone here would feel that way too 'bout the rivals in our division.

Not only does he run very good routes. He has better then average hands. If he only had that second gear to stretch the field. I hope he comes back.:cheers:

Caldwell was dropped by NE because he dropped two HUGE balls in the playoffs. And they were 100% should have been caught balls. He has good hands but better than average hands don't drop important balls in important games.

Caldwell is a good #3 reciever, so if we aquire a #1 we will have two #1(moss and whoever) and two #3(are and caldwell) . Thats a pretty good receieving corps.

It seemed Caldwell always caught those big 3rd down catches and i'm sure he would keep producing given playing time

Archived