Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Redskins, Eagles out of the Javon Walker running

Oldskool

EAGLES, 'SKINS OUT OF WALKER SWEEPSTAKES

A league source tells us that the Philadelphia Eagles and the Washington Redskins are no longer among the teams interested in acquiring the services of receiver Javon Walker.

There's a suspicion that Walker's agent is puffing in this regard, overstating to the media the interest in the player in an effort to create a market for him.

Walker was traded to the Packers to the Broncos in 2006, and was released recently in order to avoid a significant roster bonus.

Javon Walker is worth nowhere near the money the Cowboys or some other team are going to pay him.

A semi-washed up, constantly unhappy WR with a history of nagging knee injuries? Um, no thanks. Glad to hear we're no longer considering this - if this report proves to be true.

Great news for us, but I fear a healthy Javon Walker on the Cowboys would be alot of trouble, I think we're falling behind, the only deal we tried to make so far was for Lance Briggs and he turned it down.

Contrary to popular belief, the FO is testing the FA. With this report and the one earlier where Briggs thought he was going to be a Redskin, I feel the FO is dabbling a little more than they originally let on.

Yup...there doing what they said offering contracts and if the players dont accept there moving on, in no way are they getting into a bidding war this yr.

Good move by the FO, I like there approach this year. I would like to get Hackett, and if that doesn't work out then maybe a Gaffney. I don't want to trade our picks for Ocho Cinco.

What about Roy Williams?

Or what if we end up drafting one in the 1st rd anyway???

There's a suspicion that Walker's agent is puffing in this regard, overstating to the media the interest in the player in an effort to create a market for him.

Well, no @#$%, Agents are just as bad as Lawyers. Tell us something we didn't know.

Well, no @#$%, Agents are just as bad as Lawyers. Tell us something we didn't know.

If they dont lie there not doing there job :)

I have always felt that grabbing a potential #1 WR in FA was a VERY high priority this off season. With that said I'm pretty glad that we did not reach for this guy. I don't really have any big problem with him other than I guess he could be considered damaged goods

A league source tells us that the Philadelphia Eagles and the Washington Redskins are no longer among the teams interested in acquiring the services of receiver Javon Walker.

Remember, this coming fall when the ball is in the air Limas Sweed will be there!

What about Roy Williams?

Or what if we end up drafting one in the 1st rd anyway???

If we draft one in the first round anyway he will come much cheaper financially. If Ocho comes here he will want a newer, fatter contract. A reciever at #21 should come fairly cheaply.

Archived