Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bryant Johnson News

SkinsAllDay34

Our 'options' aren't going fast. We don't want to just sign ANY free agent, becuase he's 6'1 or above...you want someone who can fit in zorny's system, and who can have a future...

we still have the draft...and our WR corp isnt half bad...just because someone is 6'4 doesn't mean they are a GOD at WR...

Our 'options' aren't going fast. We don't want to just sign ANY free agent, becuase he's 6'1 or above...you want someone who can fit in zorny's system, and who can have a future...

we still have the draft...and our WR corp isnt half bad...just because someone is 6'4 doesn't mean they are a GOD at WR...

I wasnt a fan of him myself i just made the thread because nobody was happy with a trade for CJ or Roy Williams to get a proven player, and all they talked about was getting Bryant Johnson. I think we should really make a final push for CJ cuz our WR drafting hasnt been that good....examples: Rod Gardner and Taylor Jacobs

And there's actually fans on here who think we still have options left. Hahaha!

Barring a huge draft day trade for Williams or Johnson, we will draft Sweed OR Kelly OR go into the 08-09 season with our PR as our #2 WR.

You don't know what process is going on right now with the Skins. None of us knows who they are talking to or exactly which players they are interested in. What we do know is that everything Vinny and Zorn have said about free agency and the current roster has happened so far. Zorn said he wanted to retain Collins, we did. Vinny said we would be quiet the first few days of FA, we have been. Zorn, Vinny, and Dan have all expressed great interest in bringing in a big-bodied WR to fill the WR1 spot in the WCO. We will not go into next season with Moss and ARE as the 1 and 2 WRs because that wouldn't fit Zorn's system at all. New trade opportunities are popping up every day, so none of us really knows exactly which WRs are a possibility. Just like in your other thread, relax, it's only been 2 days, and you have no idea who we are talking to.

we have spent too many years signing "coaches guys" instead of real talent.

Yea taylor jacobs, anthony reidel, chris doring, k. mcCardell, a. mix, ect.

eff Hactchet even if he is money, get real talent in this place.

Are you talking with facts or your heart. First some of the names on there our what we consider to be a bust. One K. McCardell was a bright spot for our recieveing corps last year. Two A. Mix was brought in to work out this year, we don't know what we have yet. He was asked to play special teams when they got him and he did a hell ova job. So give the kid a break, because fans like you will be on the Mix wagon if he becomes a threat. Rumor has it he is a Plex. Buress type recievers and the Giants were hiding him on the practice roster. If he comes in and performs like that we would have gotten a steal for a low price.

Bryant Johnson was the guy I was hoping the Skins would take a look at.

But right now I'm in "wait and see" mode with the Front Office and Zorn and I'm going to give at least Zorn the benefit of the doubt. I'll be interested in seeing what they decide to do at WR opposite Santana and so I'm not too disappointed just because the guy I wanted isn't the guy they want.

I wasnt a fan of him myself i just made the thread because nobody was happy with a trade for CJ or Roy Williams to get a proven player, and all they talked about was getting Bryant Johnson. I think we should really make a final push for CJ cuz our WR drafting hasnt been that good....examples: Rod Gardner and Taylor Jacobs

Didn't spurrier draft those guys? Prior to that we drafted Michael Westbrook with the 4th overall pick (a norv dude). So I would agree that we haven't had the best of turnouts when drafting WR. I'm all for trying to land a proven talent. If it can't be Randy Moss thru free agency, look to trade for CJ, R Williams, or Fitz. I'd be o.k. with that. I am not convinced that B Johnson is the answer (nor is Hackett).

Didn't spurrier draft those guys? Prior to that we drafted Michael Westbrook with the 4th overall pick (a norv dude). So I would agree that we haven't had the best of turnouts when drafting WR. I'm all for trying to land a proven talent. If it can't be Randy Moss thru free agency, look to trade for CJ, R Williams, or Fitz. I'd be o.k. with that. I am not convinced that B Johnson is the answer (nor is Hackett).

Quite a few of our guys SHOULD'VE panned out, that's the thing with the draft.. and the newer rules on minimum pay/expected pay not within the rules are freaking ridiculous

Archived