Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bryant Johnson News

SkinsAllDay34

If we are going to spend money on a FA WR, why don't we go ahead and spend it on Randy Moss.

Because we don't have the caproom.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have Moss here, but it won't and can't happen. The money he'll want the skins don't have the cap room for.

This from rotoworld.com

Randy Moss-WR- Patriots Mar. 1 - 9:37 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that Randy Moss is "inching closer to the point of frustration" over the lack of contract progress with the Patriots.

We've seen this before, when Adam Vinatieri sat on the market, trying to convince teams he may not stay a Patriot. Other teams may be leery of being a pawn in negotiations, and only a few franchises have the cash and team to make sense. Philadelphia, Denver, Washington, and possibly Green Bay seem like the best fits to us. Dallas doesn't have the cap room.

Source: NFL.com

Related: Broncos, Packers, Eagles, Redskins

Bryant Johnson I think will be a good pick-up for cheap because he was always the 3rd WR and nobody thinks about him because of the Cardinals WR's. Larry Fitzgerald and Aquan Boldin and 3rd is Bryant Johnson. I really don't think he is overrated because he never had a shot to shine when you have two pro bowl WR's catching a 100 balls each. But when Fitzgerald got hurt or Boldin , Johnson step in and produced so I dunno how he can be overrated.

Bryant Johnson I think will be a good pick-up for cheap because he was always the 3rd WR and nobody thinks about him because of the Cardinals WR's. Larry Fitzgerald and Aquan Boldin and 3rd is Bryant Johnson. I really don't think he is overrated because he never had a shot to shine when you have two pro bowl WR's catching a 100 balls each. But when Fitzgerald got hurt or Boldin , Johnson step in and produced so I dunno how he can be overrated.

The thing is when Boldin and Fitz had injury issues and he was thrust into the line up he DIDN'T produce. Zero 100 yard games. I'm not saying he's terrible but the Fitz/Boldin argument doesn't help his case. If anything that should have opened him up in the slot like Welker in NE.

I wouldn't mind Bryant being signed but he is not a savior at WR. He is just another mid-level guy, and I'm not sure that is what we are actually looking for.

The thing is when Boldin and Fitz had injury issues and he was thrust into the line up he DIDN'T produce. Zero 100 yard games. I'm not saying he's terrible but the Fitz/Boldin argument doesn't help his case. If anything that should have opened him up in the slot like Welker in NE.

I wouldn't mind Bryant being signed but he is not a savior at WR. He is just another mid-level guy, and I'm not sure that is what we are actually looking for.

We really don't need a lot of 100 yard games, more like consistency IMO. When he's taken over for Fitz and Boldin, he has been consistent in the games he's started.

We just can't overpay for a wr like we did a couple of years ago like we did with Lloyd.

EDIT: Breaking news... Bryant Johnson is in Tampa today and will be in Buffalo tomorrow. No mention of the skins.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

If we sign a WR it's going to be Hackett.

I was thinking the same thing but I am surprised it hasn't happened yet. I thought Zorn would make a push for him

Or maybe they are letting players wait for offers and when they see there is not too much interest out there, we can get them on the cheap.

For all those who think we should sign Bryant Johsnon, Yahoo sports reports that he is visiting with the Bills and could possibly sign there cuz they need WRs.

So our Wr options are really going fast.

And with the 21st pick, the Washington Redskins select L. Sweed. I love it.

I dont love it we need line with that 1st round pick, Wide Receiver isn't great at all but its not a glaring hole like our weak offense line or are aging defensive line. We dont have a superstar at that spot and Randy Moss sounds great Chad Johnson even better, but how many teams have a #1 wide reciever on there team. Brady won bowls without it, because there team was based around a strong defense and an average offense.

I really dont think were gonna draft o-line 1st round. Other then qb's, front office usually expect 1st rounders to start right way. Yes our O-line is up there in age, but they are also still good and will be there this year. thats why I believe we will go oline depth towards 3rd, 5th and 6th rounds. I like Bryant Johnson, hes been overshadowed at Arizona. He is not ovverated, if anything underrated.

Id rather have Johnson over Hackett

For all those who think we should sign Bryant Johsnon, Yahoo sports reports that he is visiting with the Bills and could possibly sign there cuz they need WRs.

So our Wr options are really going fast.

Link please...

and....

Let someone else overpay for him...slim market for WR's this offseason...he will get a contract greater than his worth. :2cents:

Besides, he was a 1st rounder when Boldin was a 2nd. He had more opportunities than Boldin, but didn't produce. We don't need a career underachiever, we need talent.

What stinks is all the teams that are in serious need of a wr draft before us. Which could leave us with the 5th or 6th best receiver out there.

Not really. The Vikings just signed Berrian so they are no longer in the market for a 1st round WR. If the Bills sign Bryant Johnson, they can add that to Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish. No need for a 1st round WR there either. Panthers signed Musin Muhammed and drafted Dwayne Jarrett last year so they probably won't look there in the first round either.

go down the list:

Dolphins-bigger needs

Rams-bigger needs

Falcons-bigger needs

Raiders-bigger needs

Chiefs-just drafted Dwayne Bowe, bigger needs

Jets-no need

Patriots-no need (if Randy Moss comes back)

Ravens-no need

Bengals-no need (if Chad Johnson comes back)

Saints-no need

Bills-possibly, but not if they get Bryant Johnson

Broncos-possibility with release of Javon Walker

Panthers-just signed Muhammed and drafted Jarrett

Bears-possibility without Berrian and Muhammed

Lions-no need with Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson

Cardinals-no need

Vikings-no need anymore with Berrian signed

Texans-bigger needs although they are letting Andre Davis go

Eagles-area of need

Bucs-area of need

SKINS PICK AT 21-area of need

I think we'll be just fine staying where we are in the draft especially if other teams fall in love with players who don't fit our system/needs, i.e. DeSean Jackson, Devin Thomas, Early Doucet, Mario Manningham

I don't know about y'all but I love that Bryant Johnson signed with the Bills. If you look at most drafts, you see Malcolm Kelly getting drafted by the Bills, now it is conceivable that Malcolm could fall to us. The Eagles might take him at 19, but they have a lot of other needs. Malcolm Kelly in DC? With Berrian going to Minnesota and Johnson in Buffalo, we could have a lot of options at pick 21.

go down the list:

Dolphins-bigger needs Agreed

Rams-bigger needs Not out of the realm of possibility, especially if they trade down.

Falcons-bigger needs Bigger needs, but again, is one of their needs.

Raiders-bigger needs See above

Chiefs-just drafted Dwayne Bowe, bigger needs Agreed

Jets-no need There is a need. Coles not getting younger

Patriots-no need (if Randy Moss comes back) Agreed

Ravens-no need There is a need. Best receiver is Mason with 1000 yards than Smith with 500. Especially because there are no good qbs this year.

Bengals-no need (if Chad Johnson comes back) Agreed

Saints-no need Agreed

Bills-possibly, but not if they get Bryant Johnson Johnson is not a #1

Broncos-possibility with release of Javon Walker Agreed

Panthers-just signed Muhammed and drafted Jarrett How well did Jarrett do last year?

Bears-possibility without Berrian and Muhammed Have to go wr

Lions-no need with Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson Agreed

Cardinals-no need Agreed

Vikings-no need anymore with Berrian signed I personally don't think Berrian is a true #1

Texans-bigger needs although they are letting Andre Davis go Agreed

Eagles-area of need Agreed

Bucs-area of need Agreed

I think we'll be just fine staying where we are in the draft especially if other teams fall in love with players who don't fit our system/needs, i.e. DeSean Jackson, Devin Thomas, Early Doucet, Mario Manningham

go down the list:

Rams-bigger needs Not out of the realm of possibility, especially if they trade down.

-I agree, but with Tory Holt still playing at a high level and the signing of Drew Bennett last year, you can't invest a pick this high on WR, especially since there is not WR who warrants a top 5 selection in this draft. Also, the only real team with the ammo to move up here is the Cowboys if they want McFadden. Even so, both of their 1st round picks are after us anyway. Other than that, trading out is highly unlikely.

Falcons-bigger needs Bigger needs, but again, is one of their needs.

-the signing of Michael Turner means McFadden probably won't be their pick here. Therefore, they can afford to look elsewhere, but this team needs a QB to throw the ball before they draft someone to catch it.

Raiders-bigger needs See above

-Jerry Porter and Randy Moss gone in back-to-back years provides a need, but again no WR can warrant a top 5 pick here the Cowboys trade with both 1st round picks after us is the only plausible way they move back.

Jets-no need There is a need. Coles not getting younger

-Jerricho Cotchery is their number two. Coles and Cotchery can let them hold off on this for another year. Besides, their defense is in shambles. Mangini converted the to a 3-4 and now Vilma and Robertson are on the way out. Defensive line and LB now become much bigger needs than finding a WR to takeover for Coles in two or three years.

Ravens-no need There is a need. Best receiver is Mason with 1000 yards than Smith with 500. Especially because there are no good qbs this year.

-They like Clayton who they invested a 1st round pick in a couple years ago and they are also trying to groom Yamon Figurs into a WR Hester-style. I know Ryan is the only decent QB in the draft, but this team has no QB. They are so desperate, they can't help it. Besides, like I said, you have to get a QB to throw the ball before you can get a WR to catch it.

Bills-possibly, but not if they get Bryant Johnson Johnson is not a #1

-But Evans is. Evans #1, Johnson #2, Parrish #3.

Broncos-possibility with release of Javon Walker Agreed

Panthers-just signed Muhammed and drafted Jarrett How well did Jarrett do last year?

-How well will a 1st round WR do this year? You are going to give up on a 2nd round pick after one year? Smith is a true #1, they want Jarrett to be #2. If not Muhammed will fill in and move Jarrett to #3. Drafting a WR this year will not be much of an upgrade over Jarrett in just one year.

Bears-possibility without Berrian and Muhammed Have to go wr

-This worries me now, especially because Angelo really likes Benson. They brought back Grossman and Orton and re-signed Briggs. Therefore, I think WR now becomes the priority when it wasn't at the beginning of the offseason. I'm right there with you.

Vikings-no need anymore with Berrian signed I personally don't think Berrian is a true #1

-The Vikings might think otherwise. They also got good production out of Sidney Rice, their 2nd round pick last year. At 6'4", he could develop into a #1 for them next year.

Texans-bigger needs although they are letting Andre Davis go Agreed

Eagles-area of need Agreed

Bucs-area of need Agreed

I think the only teams to worry about are the Bears, Eagles and Bucs to take a WR before us. I bet one of them will be DeSean Jackson, who doesn't fit here. By my calculations that means there are three teams in the market for Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed and James Hardy.

Again, I'm not too worried.

Archived