Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vinny's first year

RWJ

Yes, there has been alot said about VC and how he is a failure and such, but this is truly, I believe his 1st year as being a GM. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt to see how FA pans out along with the draft. So far, so good as he's stated we will not be active in FA. The man seems to state the truth, thus far a matter of hours into FA. Let's see how things progress.

I don't know that you can blame Vinny for a lot of the failures under Spurrier. I really doubt that he was the driving force behind the GatorSkins and I believe he made some good additions as well with the likes of Randy Thomas, Coles and others. I just don't have the hate for him that most do.

In title only. He has was the de-facto GM of the team between the time that Shotty left and Gibbs II started.

But, it's a start in the right direction. Vinny will be held responsible for his actions in pursuing to build this team through the draft.

I am willing to bet other GMs will forego their GM titles in order to become a VP of player personnel. It just might become a trend that Dan Snyder has introduced.

Yes, there has been alot said about VC and how he is a failure and such, but this is truly, I believe his 1st year as being a GM. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt to see how FA pans out along with the draft. So far, so good as he's stated we will not be active in FA. The man seems to state the truth, thus far a matter of hours into FA. Let's see how things progress.

Many of us have been trying to point this out since Gibbs' departure and Vinny's "promotion" as the FO centerpiece of the organization. :)

Vinny's tenure is now dependent on his performance.

Vinnyaccountable.jpg

HE HAS BEEN here THROUGH ALL THE MISTAKES NO FREE PASS DO NOT PASS GO OR COLLECT 200 BUCKS HE SUCKS!!!!!!!

It's not a real Vinny thread until you show up with the same old cut n paste the hate routine. :)

HE HAS BEEN here THROUGH ALL THE MISTAKES NO FREE PASS DO NOT PASS GO OR COLLECT 200 BUCKS HE SUCKS!!!!!!!
Dude, Get out of here. Its been stated that vinny has tried to hold snyder back from making some of the asinine moves this orginazation has made.

Go do some research before you post.

Many of us have been trying to point this out since Gibbs' departure and Vinny's "promotion" as the FO centerpiece of the organization. :)

Vinny's tenure is now dependent on his performance.

Vinnyaccountable.jpg

Exactly.

I'm willing to give Vinny another shot, and he's been pretty good since the B.Lloyd year - even before that. This year and these coming ones will be a true test of his talents.

Does anybody think that he and Snyder had a fight, and maybe Vinny actually stood up to Danny? Thats the picture I get in my head now, its kinda like he doesn't like being called the village idiot. WHODATHUNK?

I'd wait until a season or two has passed. let the final records be the ultimate measure of success/failure.

I'm willing to give Vinny another shot, and he's been pretty good since the B.Lloyd year - even before that. This year and these coming ones will be a true test of his talents.

Does anybody think that he and Snyder had a fight, and maybe Vinny actually stood up to Danny? Thats the picture I get in my head now, its kinda like he doesn't like being called the village idiot. WHODATHUNK?

a fight? 'tween these two? man...the very image makes me laugh. cat fight!!!!!

Well are the skins saying they will not be players in FA because no one wants to play for Vinny or Danny or are they being honest???

After Day 1 we are now the 4th best team in the division.

I don't think anyone is crowning Vinny for anything yet. We're just observing the fact that he's now "the guy" and any moves are directly on his shoulders.

If he boners up the place then fine.... all of the haters can serve the crow. If we see progress in the right direction then the haters should be served.

The real discussion should be about what determines progress.

For what it's worth, we're already seeing a willingness to be more open about the philosophical direction of the FO.

But..

Will we see enough fiscal responsibility to reward our deserving homegrown talent and still be aggressive in the FA market as needed?

Will we see better overall talent evaluation?

Will the team become consistently competitive at an ever increasing level with a good mix of youth and veterans?

and so on...

At the very least it will make for an interesting off-, pre- and regular season.

Archived