Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My NFL 1st Round Mock Draft (took me awhile)

CGB Spender

What I love about this mock is that it's clear that he didn't copy it from an expert or anything and did all of it on his own. Though I don't think Woodson will go in the top 5, I think his stock is rising once again, as he did terrific in workouts.

wow... i can't imagine someone not taking darren mcfadden in the top 5. he's too good a talent to drop to 12. vikings already had a proven back in chester taylor when they took adrian peterson and look what it got them. no way he drops to 12. NO WAY.

I think Long will go much earlier. Don't think Kenny Phillips will go in the first half of the first round that would be a reach and so would Flowers where you have him imo. I think Talib will go in the first round and I doubt Desean Jackson goes that early as well as the other recievers you listed and the Eagles already have a burner in Curtis and Reid loves working on the lines with his first round picks. Also no way three QBs go in the top 10 picks. I wouldn't be mad about Campbell at 21 but I wouldn't be estatic he is a bit overrated as for somebody comparing him to Tuck... I don't think they are the same type of player Tuck is much quicker with his hands and his feet.

Campbell is without a doubt a raw talent with excellent athleticism, but they've said the same thing about the likes of Javon Kearse, Julius Peppers, and big Howard from the Saints. My point is this, we need a DE whether it's Campbell or not.

Are we talking about Calais Campbell? The guy who ran a 5.1/40 and did 16 reps of 225lbs at the combine?

Please. Wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

with the way that the combine shook down and the fact that dorsey is starting to take heat over his broken tibia last year he might not go number two and campbell probably wont even go in the first round.

if by some miracle dorsey is there i would love to have either him or trevor laws. i dont know if some think that he is even worthy of a second round pick but if campbell falls that far based on his performance i would love to get him in the second. i think that campbell would do well here with his old defensive line coach, blache as defensive coordinator, and phillip daniels teaching him the pro game.

after watching laws in the combine i am seriously starting to get a skins draft mancrush on him though. :silly:

Biggest blunder? Not Lloyd or Archuletta, but Calias Campbell? Guys, I did say this is the way I see the draft going, if you have a problem with it, fine. But dont go after me like the NFL vs Mike Vick. Brandon Flowers btw is a GREAT player, i've seen the kid do things a CB CANT do, so, hate on my pick, all I said is this is the way I think the draft should go, i didnt say it will...lol. Thank you to those who had enough respect to give me props for even taking a week outta my busy life to complete a mock draft. You all act like any mock draft is THAT accurate... lol. Anyway ... something we can ALL agree on ... HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

I think you did a pretty good job, and good descripitions on why you think they will go there. I am probably in the minority here, but I agree with you on Woodson. I think he's a far better prospect than Brohm, and see a lot of people regretting they didn't draft him sooner. Flowers is certainly a stud, but the VT player that always stuck out in my mind was Macho Harris, when is he coming out?

I'm not going to include Mcfadden because I think he could go top 5 but a lot depends on what trades are made. He won't make it out of the top 10 though

#1 Dolphins - Chris Long (Dallas - Mcfadden)

I think Miami wants to trade out of the pick and I hope they trade with Dallas, if not Chris Long is seeming like the clear front runner at #!

#2 Rams - Jake Long

This team had the worst O line in the league last year and injuries hit there line twice as hard as it hit ours.

#3 Falcons - Matt Ryan (maybe Mcfadden)

No explination needed

#4 Raiders - Sedrick Ellis (Maybe Mcfadden)

Agree with you there

#5 Chiefs - Aqib Talib

They let Ty Law go and I think this guy is the best Corner in the draft if you watched Kansas he had a huge presence and he had a good combine for a guy his size that looks so good on film

#6 Jets -Glenn Dorsey (maybe Mcfadden)

The jets play a 3-4 and are trying to get rid of their former first rounder Roberston

#7 Patriots - Keith Rivers

Pats need a young linebacker even more so now that they let go of Colvin and he seems like the best one in the draft. Unless they drafted Merling and tried to make him a OLB. Knowing the Pats though they will trade down and get more picks.

#8 Ravens - Brandon Albert

They have a smart FO and I just think this would be a good pick for them their O line needs help They won't take another young QB when they have Troy Smith on the roster and Harbaugh has already said he is in the mix to start

#9 Bengals - Vernon Gholston

Agree with you here 100% best Defesive player available at this point and they need all the help they can get

#10 Saints- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

One of the worst secondaries in the league last year and Cromarties stock is through the roof after his combine. Though about Flowers but he is not athletic enough to go this high

#11 Bills - Malcom Kelly

They need a WR here Lee Evans, Kelly and Parish looks pretty good to me

#12 Broncos - Phillip Merling

Shanahan has a unhealthy infatuation with Defenive lineman

#13 Panthers - Jonathan Stewart

Letting go Deshuan Foster leaves a whole and they knew this draft had a few first round backs

#14 Bears - Jeff Otah

They are thin here and they let one of their Tackles go name slips me right now but he was very old I want to say Robinson I think they will get a QB in the second maybe in Free agency. Maybe they can still pull somthing and get Mcnabb

#15 Lions - Mike Jenkins

I think they have one corner on their roster that has any real expeirince and he isn't that good and I don't even remember his name.

#16 Cardinals - Rashard Mendenhall

Great value here they are surprised he is still on the board and Edge is getting Old and every team needs two backs

#17 Vikings - Derick Harvey

With the sad news with Udeze they will need a DE even if Udeze was healthy they would still need a few Ends to go along with the best inteiror O line in the league.

#18 Texans - John Carlson

Some think he is the best all around TE in the draft

#19 Eagles - Limas Sweed

I know Andy likes drafting guys for the trenches and a lot of his picks are head scratchers but this guy accoriding to Livestrong :laugh: is TO with out the issues.

#20 Bucs - Brandon Flowers

They let Kelly go and I could see Flowers playing in the cover two and learing from Rhonde

#21 :logo: :point2sky Damn there is a lot of talent off the board :doh:

Redskins - Since this is our team I am going to give us a option of three

Manningham (Our new head Coach is a offensive guy and this is his first draft) Calias Campbell (Not my first choice I think he is overrated but if his College coach wants him then.....) Erin Henderson (a sleeper that could shock us all)

#22 Pokes - Felix Jones

If Jerruh can't get Mcfadden I think he will. He will settle for another Arkansas alum to pair up with Marion.

#23 Steelers - Early Doucet

Ben wants a bigger reciever Early isn't the talest but he plays bigger than he is and is above 6ft

#24 Titans -Fred Davis

Good target for Vince, Good Value and he is step up from Bo Scaffe

#25 Seahawks - Kenny Phillips

Good Value.

#26 Jags - Brian Brohm

I like Garrard but this is a great value they need a #2 QB and this guy could be a franchise QB

#27 Chargers - Chris Johnson

Don't think they will take a reciver with chambers and the emergance of Jackson they need a #2 back if Turner leaves and Johnson is a bit of a reach but teams reach every year this kid was good at ECU and his 40 had to open a few eyes. This is unusual for so many backs to go so early but this draft is loaded with talent and guys with big names like Rice and Slayton will be around in the 2nd round but somtimes there is just runs on certain postions.

#28 Pokes - Ryan Clady

False start Flozell may be on his way out that would leave a pretty big hole at tackle

#29 Niners - Desean Jackson

I think his size may make him fall to the second round but no doubt the guy has talent and at 29 it wouldn't be a bad pick

#30 Packers - Leodis McKelvin

I think they might go running back but I refuse to put too many backs in the first round if I didn't already.

#31 Giants - Trevor Laws

That front 4 and rotation would continue too be one of the best int he league

This leaves a lot of good value in the 2nd round I hope the skins Land Oneil Cousins in the 2nd round he is a mauler and might earn a spot at LG with Buges teaching him. Slayton,Rice Hart are still on the board and some good QBs

took me 45minutes and I like mine much better than yours :silly: :laugh:

I think you did a pretty good job, and good descripitions on why you think they will go there. I am probably in the minority here, but I agree with you on Woodson. I think he's a far better prospect than Brohm, and see a lot of people regretting they didn't draft him sooner. Flowers is certainly a stud, but the VT player that always stuck out in my mind was Macho Harris, when is he coming out?

I think Macho declared for the draft this year.

Biggest blunder? Not Lloyd or Archuletta, but Calias Campbell? Guys, I did say this is the way I see the draft going, if you have a problem with it, fine. But dont go after me like the NFL vs Mike Vick. Brandon Flowers btw is a GREAT player, i've seen the kid do things a CB CANT do, so, hate on my pick, all I said is this is the way I think the draft should go, i didnt say it will...lol. Thank you to those who had enough respect to give me props for even taking a week outta my busy life to complete a mock draft. You all act like any mock draft is THAT accurate... lol. Anyway ... something we can ALL agree on ... HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!
Yes, one of the biggest blunders, even bigger than Lloyd or Arch...

A bum free agent is one thing- try 'em out for a year or two, maybe their chemistry doesn't work, they're lazy and just came for the paycheck, whatever...point is you can get rid of them and be done with it.

A first round draft pick though is a major investment and damn well better be worth his money and the pick, especially if the team is looking for BPA for a few certain positions and they end up picking the totally wrong guy. Barring any kind of off the field issues to take him out of the game or injuries, you're stuck with a first round pick for a decent while just hoping he pans out before you at least try to trade him or cut him. Bad free agents happen and then are forgotton; bad first round picks are haunting.

And a bad first round pick would be Calais Campbell. Dude quit on his team halfway through this past year and played selfish football and ended up having a bum year, then shows up to the combine looking like a complete fool with an absolute awful work out. I'd be mad if the Skins took him the 2nd round, let alone the 1st. Just a complete project that hasn't shown any real motivation to actually learn to play his position with his size like he should. Waste of time draft pick that's not gonna magically change just because the Skins now have his old coach.

It's funny how many posters say "there's no way that xxx will be picked that high" or "no way xxx lasts until the x pick, he's a top 5 pick for sure". How many mocks wind up anything close to reality in the actual draft? FEW! Someone that's a sure fire top 10 will drop below 20 or out of the first round entirely. Others will shoot up the list. The OP didn't copy info from other mocks and put some thought into it. Kudos.

Two comments:

Miami - I don't see Parcells investing in the #1 pick in a QB without an great Oline to protect the rookie. I think Parcells will look to build his Oline and Dline before he brings in a rookie QB. No one is really worth the #1 pick money but I'm guessing Parcells will pick one of the Longs (DE or OT).

Skins - Calais Campbell can't play DT because he's too tall and isn't able to get low enough for proper leverage. As a DE he wasn't productive his last year in college. He also didn't do as well at the combine as he should have to be a first round pick. I'd prefer to pass on this guy even though we do need Dline help.

#1. Miami - Matt Ryan QB Boston College

Pure no brain-er. If the Dolphins can't shop the 1st overall pick (to the Falcons or Ravens I would assume) they take Ryan comfortably at number 1. While not being the greatest athlete, Ryan is the most NFL ready QB in the draft, with excellent mechanics and mobile (but not evasive) feet similar to Ben Roethlisberger.

#2. Rams - Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

A week ago I would have said Sedrick Ellis , I probably still should, but at 6'2'’ 299lbs, a 5.0 40 time and the strength of a grizzly bear, Dorsey is just an uncanny specimen that’s too hard to pass up. Now, his technique is still a little raw compared to Ellis, but I still take Dorsey here.

#3. Falcons - Andre Woodson QB Kentucky

There are a number of other players who are worth more on the board, but when it comes to team need, this is the most valuable pick the Falcons can make. I don’t think anyone, other than myself, has Woodson going this high, or before Brian Brohm for that matter. Woodson’s stats as a senior were superior in every way when compared to Brohm’s, which is why I put him here.

#4. Raiders - Sedrick Ellis DT USC

With Oaklands DL getting older by the minute, Ellis is an obvious choice. While not as strong as Dorsey, his technique and agility are much more honed. Ellis would fit great next to the aging Warren Sapp, who can also provide this kid with years of advice. It’s just too bad Ellis will be stuck with the worst (and unfortunately ageless) owner in professional sports.

#5 Chiefs - Jake Long OT Michigan

For the same reason applying to their O-line as Oakland’s d-line, the Chiefs take Jake Long. Long is a menace in every sense of the word if you’re an unsuspecting d-lineman. Long’s technique is as scary as his 6'7'’ 313lbs physique, an he STILL has room to pack more muscle.

#6 Jets - Chris Long DE UVA

Chris Long will love NY. While sporting a great LB core, the Jets pass rush was among the league’s worst last year, which will give Long the chance to shine by his lonesome. The son of Hall of Fame DE Howie Long will feel right at home with the likes of Vilma and Kerry Rhodes.

Parcells doesn't think Matt Ryan is worthy of the #1 spot, and there is no way they'll take him there. My guess is they'll pick Chris Long or Jake Long with the #1 spot if they can't trade down.

Andre Woodson?..lol You do realize he's a projected 2nd rounder and you got him in the top 5?

No way in hell McFadden goes that low.

I think if the Dolphins trade the #1 pick to anyone it will be the cowboys. There roster is full of Tuna guys, and Im sure he'd love to bring a few of his guys over and get one or both of the 'boys 1st rounders. Jerrah is co-coo for McFadden-puffs and I think he will make an offer the fins cant refuse.

I would love to see this trade, as the Boys depth would be depleted and I dont think McFadden will be an elite back.

BTW THERE WAS NO WAY THAT BRADY QUINN SLIPS TO 22nd! You know, I did this Mock based solely on NEED, not what will really happen. It's just my opinion children, don't get your panties in a bunch cause I think Rashard Mendenhall is better than Darren McFadden ... k? ... k ...

Archived