Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My NFL 1st Round Mock Draft (took me awhile)

CGB Spender

It's funny how many posters say "there's no way that xxx will be picked that high" or "no way xxx lasts until the x pick, he's a top 5 pick for sure". How many mocks wind up anything close to reality in the actual draft? FEW! Someone that's a sure fire top 10 will drop below 20 or out of the first round entirely. Others will shoot up the list. The OP didn't copy info from other mocks and put some thought into it. Kudos.

Two comments:

Miami - I don't see Parcells investing in the #1 pick in a QB without an great Oline to protect the rookie. I think Parcells will look to build his Oline and Dline before he brings in a rookie QB. No one is really worth the #1 pick money but I'm guessing Parcells will pick one of the Longs (DE or OT).

Skins - Calais Campbell can't play DT because he's too tall and isn't able to get low enough for proper leverage. As a DE he wasn't productive his last year in college. He also didn't do as well at the combine as he should have to be a first round pick. I'd prefer to pass on this guy even though we do need Dline help.

Thank you for an intelligent statement...something only 5 people have done in this thread, and I'm one of them

I think you did a pretty good job, and good descripitions on why you think they will go there. I am probably in the minority here, but I agree with you on Woodson. I think he's a far better prospect than Brohm, and see a lot of people regretting they didn't draft him sooner. Flowers is certainly a stud, but the VT player that always stuck out in my mind was Macho Harris, when is he coming out?

Thank you...thank you very much. The Falcons NEED a QB, i can't stress that more, unless ya'll think Joe Flacco is going @ #3 lol

#21 :logo: :point2sky Damn there is a lot of talent off the board :doh:

Redskins - Since this is our team I am going to give us a option of three

Manningham (Our new head Coach is a offensive guy and this is his first draft) Calias Campbell (Not my first choice I think he is overrated but if his College coach wants him then.....) Erin Henderson (a sleeper that could shock us all)

took me 45minutes and I like mine much better than yours :silly: :laugh:

1. - Mario Manningham had a TERRIBLE combine.

2. - Of course you like yours better retard, you did it...

I guarantee that Chris Long would not like the Jets. They are in the Patriots division, play in New Jersey, and their best defensive player wants out. And Mangini is a dirty rat.

Maybe the Falcons will trade up since giving up the 3rd would allow them to move up and take Ryan (assuming he isn't going to be there at 3) and probably just cost them an extra 2nd rounder. Then the Dolphins can take one of the Longs to build the lines which so desperately need addressing.

Biggest blunder? Not Lloyd or Archuletta, but Calias Campbell? Guys, I did say this is the way I see the draft going, if you have a problem with it, fine. But dont go after me like the NFL vs Mike Vick. Brandon Flowers btw is a GREAT player, i've seen the kid do things a CB CANT do, so, hate on my pick, all I said is this is the way I think the draft should go, i didnt say it will...lol. Thank you to those who had enough respect to give me props for even taking a week outta my busy life to complete a mock draft. You all act like any mock draft is THAT accurate... lol. Anyway ... something we can ALL agree on ... HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!

A Mock draft is meant to predict as closley as possible as to how the actual draft will go and not how u think it should go. Maybe u sould title it something other than a mock draft.

It's funny how many posters say "there's no way that xxx will be picked that high" or "no way xxx lasts until the x pick, he's a top 5 pick for sure". How many mocks wind up anything close to reality in the actual draft? FEW! Someone that's a sure fire top 10 will drop below 20 or out of the first round entirely. Others will shoot up the list. The OP didn't copy info from other mocks and put some thought into it. Kudos.

Two comments:

Miami - I don't see Parcells investing in the #1 pick in a QB without an great Oline to protect the rookie. I think Parcells will look to build his Oline and Dline before he brings in a rookie QB. No one is really worth the #1 pick money but I'm guessing Parcells will pick one of the Longs (DE or OT).

Skins - Calais Campbell can't play DT because he's too tall and isn't able to get low enough for proper leverage. As a DE he wasn't productive his last year in college. He also didn't do as well at the combine as he should have to be a first round pick. I'd prefer to pass on this guy even though we do need Dline help.

Do you think he could use Samuels or Jansen. Hey put them on the wire and see what the offer is; It won't be much! You know why ? Because there bums!

My point is ... When are you going to see a DE run 40 yards anyway? Intial Burst is what matters, maybe he slowed after 20 yards. Calias is a 6'8'' 280lbs monster that can abuse OL and punish QB's, he's just raw a needs a little NFL coaching.
Ok- have you ever seen Calais Campbell play? Not just game film on NFL Network, I mean do you actually know anything about him as a player? Like why he sucked this past year?

I've already said it in this thread but maybe you skipped over it.

He's lazy. He's selfish. You call him a "monster that can abuse OL" but he's pathetically weak for even a linebacker, let alone a 280 pound DL, and he's slow as anything. He quit on Miami halfway through this past season and started ignoring his assignments to just try to attack the QB and make himself look good, and he ended up just getting pancaked and double teamed right out of plays, making absolutely no impact on the offense. Teams owned him. It's more than he's just "raw," which is an understatement in and of itself. He also hasn't shown the work ethic and attitude to make up for it. Bottom line, he would've done himself a huge favor by staying another year (while likely enjoying more success as a team too since I believe Miami will start to rebound next year) to learn more and get stronger, but he came out early and now he's already paying for it by looking like an idiot. Skins need d-line help, yes, but this guy sure as hell ain't it.

READ PEOPLE. I said that there are ALOT more players worth taking at #3 over Woodson, I said it's strictly NEED...NEED *******. If you would READ my COMMENTS instead of JUST my picks, YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING you illiterate aersholes
Ok look, you put up a mock draft you made, thought it would go well, and it didn't because a lot of the picks just don't make sense. Nobody's bashing you for taking the time to make it and putting it out there to see, just that the picks don't register as logical. If you can't deal with that and accept it without calling people names and freaking out, I don't know what to tell you, it just is what it is.

And P.S. edit your signature down before a mod asks you to, it's absolutely enormous.

Do you think he could use Samuels or Jansen. Hey put them on the wire and see what the offer is; It won't be much! You know why ? Because there bums!
I hope you don't mean Chris Samuels. If you're calling Chris Samuels a bum...good Lord, there's nothing to even say about that. That's so wrong on every level.

I think that we should go for Harvey in the 1st and, if he's not there, go for Albert. He'll be a pro bowl guard for years to come. In the second, Trevor Laws and in the 3rd, a WR like Nelson or Bowman.
I'd definitely take these results from our draft.

Albert vs Harvey would be tough though. I think Harvey will be good, but we could also REALLY use Albert pretty bad. I think I might lean towards Albert personally in that scenario.

Ok- have you ever seen Calais Campbell play? Not just game film on NFL Network, I mean do you actually know anything about him as a player? Like why he sucked this past year?

yeah... like I used to live in Miami. Of course he gave up, the U is nothing like it was 3-4 years ago. In my senior season, if my team wasent going to a National Championship or at least a top 4 bowl, I'm going to try and improve my stock. Now whether he did that or not is and absolute question mark, given that Kiper and Mayock have him in thier top 25 players.

BTW, My avatar is BIG beacause it represents a BIG PLAYER ... argue with THAT ha lol. And another thing, I have been a little too critical of people criticizing my draft, it's the first one in years i've actually had the time to complete. And you can argue that I didnt make many logical picks, but, if you look at team NEEDS, almost all of my picks are "logical". The Falcons need QB more thn anything, why not Woodson, I even said Brohm could go 3. 3 QB's in the top ten, that's happened several times in the NFL. Certainly been 3 in the first round.

yeah... like I used to live in Miami. Of course he gave up, the U is nothing like it was 3-4 years ago. In my senior season, if my team wasent going to a National Championship or at least a top 4 bowl, I'm going to try and improve my stock. Now whether he did that or not is and absolute question mark, given that Kiper and Mayock have him in thier top 25 players.
First off, it was his junior year, not his senior. Which makes it all that much worse. Miami will improve next year and could make a bowl game, and he's selling out on them because all he sees is dollar signs.

Second, so you're saying it's fine for him to turn his back on his teammates and rather than be a leader, sell them out to try to improve his draft status? So when he goes to the NFL and his team isn't gonna make the playoffs, he should forget his coaching and just try to make the Pro Bowl? That kind of me-first attitude shouldn't be tolerated, especially when someone's trying it and it's failing miserably like in Campbell's case.

And Mayock's the same clown that had McFadden as his 16th overall ranked player heading into the combine. 16th. Now that certainly makes a lot of sense.

First off, it was his junior year, not his senior. Which makes it all that much worse. Miami will improve next year and could make a bowl game, and he's selling out on them because all he sees is dollar signs.

Second, so you're saying it's fine for him to turn his back on his teammates and rather than be a leader, sell them out to try to improve his draft status? So when he goes to the NFL and his team isn't gonna make the playoffs, he should forget his coaching and just try to make the Pro Bowl? That kind of me-first attitude shouldn't be tolerated, especially when someone's trying it and it's failing miserably like in Campbell's case.

And Mayock's the same clown that had McFadden as his 16th overall ranked player heading into the combine. 16th. Now that certainly makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, most NFL players, and I mean most, try to improve their stock if their team is doing badly so they can hit the free agency for a new team. Don't hate, because you favorite player would do it in a heartbeat, and probably has done it already ... like 50% of the Redskins...

My point is ... When are you going to see a DE run 40 yards anyway? Intial Burst is what matters, maybe he slowed after 20 yards. Calias is a 6'8'' 280lbs monster that can abuse OL and punish QB's, he's just raw a needs a little NFL coaching.

This guy is not a monster. He is weak as hell, and would get prison raped by NFL OT's. And he is slow and uncoordinated.

Yeah, most NFL players, and I mean most, try to improve their stock if their team is doing badly so they can hit the free agency for a new team. Don't hate, because you favorite player would do it in a heartbeat, and probably has done it already ... like 50% of the Redskins...
My favorite players on the Redskins alone are guys like LaRon Landry, Jason Campbell, Clinton Portis, Chris Cooley, London Fletcher...guys that have always shown heart and grit no matter what was going on during the game or the season.

I don't know where you get this 50% figure from, but knowing the likes of Jon Jansen, Randy Thomas, Chris Samuels, Marcus Washington, Reed Doughty, Randle El, Ladell Betts (who had a sick year when the team was doing awful and then resigned for peanuts for a backup role, thus totally disproving your point), and especially the late great Sean Taylor are all cases of starting players that completely go against your argument here.

Which is an argument that really has nothing to do with Calais Campbell being a total bum and an absolute waste of a 1st round pick.

Archived