Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN/Redskins.com: Redskins Release Lloyd (Merged & M.E.T.)

kansas-redskin

Hey man,

Just a heads up before everyone piles on you - you may want to do a quick search before posting such big news. Typically, the story has already been broken by someone with insider knowledge, especially by the time ESPN gets news of it.

Searching the front page keeps everyone from piling onto you and helps keep the board free from multiple threads saying the same thing.

Big contract mistakes happen - sending the Niners a 3rd and 4th round pick made it one of the worst blunders in Redskins history.

Deion, Bruce Smith, Arch Deluxe, these busts didn't cost us 1 if not 2 quality starters on a team that lacks young depth.

Bruce Smith wasn't a bust. He played damn good for a player on the tail end of his career.

2 catches for 14 yards in 8-games??? Whooaaa.... can you say EPIC FAILURE!

Dang... I wonder where the poor guy will land with those type of stats.

I guess he knew that axe was coming after he got injured and put his house up for sale.

Cheers BL... :cheers:

I hope you get another job... somewhere...:munchout:

I'm not so sure he got injured. Perhaps they just put him on IR to get him off the field before the season ended. Is that allowed?

BTW I've never known anyone named Brandon who wasn't a slacker.

Ok, I think the OP gets it. Made a mistake...hopefully won't happen again.

In an effort to redeem this thread without starting a new one, one of the things that's getting lost in the mega-merged thread is that it's being reported that Lloyd has been designated a post-June 1 cut.

http://redskinsblog.blogspot.com/20...-pay-later.html

What do you guys think about this?

Personally, I feel like it's a good move. He was already going to count 5.3 million against the cap next year. I believe that by cutting him now, he's only going to cost a little over 4.6 million. Of course, he won't actually be here to earn that, but how is that different than the past two years?

Am I reading those numbers right?

Archived