Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just reported on ESPN's First Take (DeAngelo Hall related)

skinzdar55

There is something this team needs to understand. A good defense line getting pressure can make an average corner look great, but a great corner can't defend well enough to make up for a lack of pressure.

So true and a quality statement.

If any of the Redskins FO actually does read this, they probably get a kick out of just how many members here actually worry about the cap.

THANK YOU!

I was saying the SAME thing in one of these other threads,

I've never seen so people act like the spending its actually coming out their wallets!:laugh:

Trading the picks I can understand, cus we lose out on Young, Good, football players. Yet, I dont understand why Everyone is SO worried about us and the cap, We do this every year. It's a tradition.

I honestly love being a redskins fan in the ofseason. I dont mine who we get as long as we address the D-line and O line inthe dradt.

(and of course we grab Rod Coleman too!!)

The only way this would make sense is, if Vinny was planning on taking a CB with the 21st pick. Hall has 2 years left on his deal (Thanks Inquisitor for the contract update) with 4.4 million this year and $900K next year. And even though he has a big mouth and gets burned, he does make good plays AND is only 24.

Edit: In no way am I advocating this trade. Just bringing the facts.

How much would he cost though? I'm hesitant to give up our first rounder, although he is one of the best CBs in the league at 24.

They said the Falcons wouldn't likely trade him without a first rounder being part of the deal. I don't want him if it means giving up a 1st rounder.

I see what your saying but our Defense Cord. disagress with you. He believes it starts with the corners.

There is something this team needs to understand. A good defense line getting pressure can make an average corner look great, but a great corner can't defend well enough to make up for a lack of pressure.

The best statement that i've seen in a while.

D. Hall might be among the elite corners in NFL, but i think the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Not trying to take away from him but I would like for us to shore up the d-line and the o-line(depth) and grab a big WR first.

would make more sense the Briggs but still against it. BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!!!!!! How hard can the be to understand? We don't have the cap room to spend on big time players.

Every year we're up against the cap and every year, we work it out. It's "only" Dan Snyder's money. As long as we stop giving up draft picks like candy, I say go for it.

THANK YOU!

I was saying the SAME thing in one of these other threads,

I've never seen so people act like the spending its actually coming out their wallets!:laugh:

Trading the picks I can understand, cus we lose out on Young, Good, football players. Yet, I dont understand why Everyone is SO worried about us and the cap, We do this every year. It's a tradition.

I honestly love being a redskins fan in the ofseason. I dont mine who we get as long as we address the D-line and O line inthe dradt.

(and of course we grab Rod Coleman too!!)

Yeah, I'm not even going to sit up here and even pretend like I begin know anything about the cap. :)

But then again, I don't get paid for that crap either.

So, I'll just let the people who do get paid, crunch the numbers, straighten things out (like they always do) and go get who we need to go get.

Edit: Some people probably just like keeping track of our cap situation. I'll be the first to admit, what I don't fully understand, I won't worry about/keep track of. :D

The only way this would make sense is, if Vinny was planning on taking a CB with the 21st pick. Hall has 2 years left on his deal (Thanks Inquisitor for the contract update) with 4.4 million this year and $900K next year. And even though he has a big mouth and gets burned, he does make good plays AND is only 24.

They do want picks, but we have to walk away with some as well. If they want a 2nd plus Springs, do it. If they want our 1st, we should TRY to get their second, but we'll likely have to settle for their 3rd (which is almost like an extremely late 2nd anyways)

D Hall is so overrated... we better not be fools and trade our 1st for him.

He is over rated. But that doesn't mean he's not good. Hell, he's one of the best DBs in the league. He's just not THE best.

I thought Hall only had one year left on his contract in atlanta? that's probably why they are dangling him now, to get something for him cus he will walk next year regardless.

Im almost positive that hes going into his final year of his contract in 08'..

What don't you understand, Hall is a seasoned veteran, and he's ONLY 24. Pull your head out of your butt... :2cents:

I used to be a HUGE Hall fan, there was a time I would have traded a top 10 pick AND a 2nd for him.

He is a cancer, he is a major major headcase. He is not worth more than maybe a 2nd rounder and Carlos Rogers or something. even that is iffy, Carlos is a tough guy - Deangelo hall isn't nearly as mentally tough.

I used to be a HUGE Hall fan, there was a time I would have traded a top 10 pick AND a 2nd for him.

He is a cancer, he is a major major headcase. He is not worth more than maybe a 2nd rounder and Carlos Rogers or something. even that is iffy, Carlos is a tough guy - Deangelo hall isn't nearly as mentally tough.

no way I'd give up carlos and a 2nd.

maybe carlos and a 5th at best.

we have a top 10 pick invested in 'los, I'm not trading him w/ a 2nd.

The Falcons are reportedly gauging trade interest in CB DeAngelo Hall, who enters the final year of his contract in 2008.

New coach Mike Smith wants to wrap up Hall long term, but the Falcons are tearing the roster apart before building it back up. If they can get a late first-round pick for Hall, they'll almost certainly pull the trigger. Hall is on record as saying he wants to be dealt if he doesn't get a new contract.

told ya he is going into his last year of his contract.

He doesn't have 2 years left on his contract, and it wouldnt have made sense for them to try and trade him if he had 2 years left on his contract. THe whole point of him leaving would be because they didnt give him a new contract.

no way I'd give up carlos and a 2nd.

maybe carlos and a 5th at best.

we have a top 10 pick invested in 'los, I'm not trading him w/ a 2nd.

Its iffy, I said. But a top 10 pick for a top ten pick, one of which has been both an All-Pro and multiple year pro-bowler (hall) and is 3 years younger than Rogers - I'm not that crazy.

Sheesh, you make it seem like I was petitioning for the guy.:hump:

would make more sense the Briggs but still against it. BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!!!!!! How hard can the be to understand? We don't have the cap room to spend on big time players.

Draft picks are complete gambles. So we grab a couple big time FA's at crucial positions and throw in the handful of gambles. Hopefully in the end you've added 5-7 key players. How hard is that to understand? I doubt the FO would persue big names if they couldnt find a way to afford them.

Perhaps you could ask yourself this: If the Redskins FO had a way to aquire big name FA's and still keep and use every draft pick, would you be ok with that?

I like the play to win mentality here.

Archived