Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Just reported on ESPN's First Take (DeAngelo Hall related)

skinzdar55

would make more sense the Briggs but still against it. BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!!!!!! How hard can the be to understand? We don't have the cap room to spend on big time players.

building through the draft is a perfectly fine argument.

but we dont have cap room? come on man, when have we ever not had cap room to spend on bigtime players? we make cap room like applesauce.

What I posted in ATN

D'Lo in NYC

Oh man, this will be good. He now has the biggest media market in the world to run his big mouth

As I have said, I love the kid off the field, out of the locker room, a very nice guy at VT

But man he is about 2 things) DeAngelo Hall and DeAngelo Hall

If he ever focuses on playing football and not running his mouth, he'll be one of the top 5 CB's to ever play in the NFL

would make more sense the Briggs but still against it. BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!!!!!! How hard can the be to understand? We don't have the cap room to spend on big time players.

I agree with this 100 %. Although if the FO is dead set on landing one big fish, I would rather it be a big WR. When Carlos comes back, I think the secondary will be OK. I wouldn't mind if we drafted a CB (not in the first though, gotta build the lines!!!!)

Building by way of the draft can be good or bad. Likewise with signing and/or trading for big name players. I don't think we could land a player as good as Hall in the first round. I'd trade the pick for him. Sure he would probably be expensive but so is a first round player who is unproven and never played a down in the NFL. There are certain players of high caliber that would be worth swapping a high draft pick for while others would not. Take Randy Moss last year for example. The impact he had for the Patriots would have been worth every draft pick they had. All of those guys combined wouldn't have made the difference that Moss did. (not suggesting we try to get Moss, just using his situation last year as an example). This being said, there are only a select few players worthy of trading the first round pick for. I think Hall is one of them. Fitzgerald is another.

I think he'd be worth a late first round pick. And I don't mind trading first round picks for good young players who are almost as young as the guys you might draft with the pick.

Exactly. The anti-trade picks for anyone group is going too far. Dont trade a pick for old players or players in decline. Dont over pay for players. but absolutely trade for 24 year old proven players who are Pro Bowl calibre.

Take Randy Moss last year for example. The impact he had for the Patriots would have been worth every draft pick they had. All of those guys combined wouldn't have made the difference that Moss did. (not suggesting we try to get Moss, just using his situation last year as an example). This being said, there are only a select few players worthy of trading the first round pick for. I think Hall is one of them. Fitzgerald is another.

It's kinda funny that you mention this because just now on first take a viewer sent an e-mail to the guys on the First Down segment and he said that "Washington should go after Moss because Dan Snyder would overpay for anybody" Skip Bayless and the others agreed about Dan and they said it would be an "interesting fit".

Our 1st rounder is higher than both the Cowboys and Giants so if we give a 1st we should either receive a player or mid round pick in return.

Not really. It just means that the Cowboys or Giants would have to give up something extra to top the Redskins should it turn into a bidding type situation.

I think he'd be worth a late first round pick. And I don't mind trading first round picks for good young players who are almost as young as the guys you might draft with the pick.

Agreed completely. This really doesn't puncture the notion of building through the draft if you bring in a young guy who can freakin' PLAY. The difference is, obviously, money. Hall is superior to any CB in this draft. He comes in here, though, you possibly cut Springs loose.

The Giants and Boys are probably "bidding" on him simply to drive up the price for us, if they know we're interested.

It's got to be a red flag when Atlanta is dangling a guy who is this young and supposedly this talented. Teams just don't do that unless they have a good reason to.

This is an excellent point in most cases however in some ways you can't blame someone for wanting out of Atlanta.

Archived