Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Memphis State #1 vs. Tennessee #2 (now Duke convo.) (poll included)

SlobberknockerSkinsFan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Now we have a new excuse to use, next time lets just blame it on the dog though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hey no matter how drunk I was I would never ever say I really love the Cowboys.... I have drunk posted on this site before and never would I speak about the devil like that. Damn it this is why I hate Cowboy fans and its worse because my brother is one. damn damn damn .....:doh:

Hey no matter how drunk I was I would never ever say I really love the Cowboys.... I have drunk posted on this site before and never would I speak about the devil like that. Damn it this is why I hate Cowboy fans and its worse because my brother is one. damn damn damn .....:doh:

Doesn't that mean then you are part cowboy since blood is thicker then water ;)

I guess the #1 song in your house is "Momma don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys" :laugh: :laugh:

Dont worry! I know how stupid and heartless cowboys fans are. Especially your brother. If other Redskins fans think that you would write something like that after viewing previous post then they are just as bad as him. Also just because your brother is a Cowboys fan doesnt mean you are too. Not everyone can have the good genes!

Doesn't that mean then you are part cowboy since blood is thicker then water ;)

I guess the #1 song in your house is "Momma don't let your babies grow up to be Cowboys" :laugh: :laugh:

No way in hell I am part cowboy!!! Lets just say that during football season we both like to sing eachother songs and they are not safe to write here on ES :laugh: :laugh: .

This is why I hate Duke and wish they'd go to hell. Memphis vs. Tennessee and we get 9 pages of PUKE and Coach GAY!

Not a bad loss for the Tigers. I'm actually releived they lost a game. I knew their free throw shooting would do them in, but Tennessee was just as bad from the line. It was rebounding that won the game for the Vols. They dominated the boards. Oh, well, Memphis will still make the tourney. They'll sweep their last 4 conf. USA games and win the Conf. Tourney. Should be 33-1 by the time they hit the NCAA.

Recruiting is often times an overrated tool. I've said this forever. Simply getting the so-called "best" players coming out of high school doesn't always translate to the next level. But if you followed college sports enough you should already know this.

Isn't it the coach's responsibility to gauge that talent and recruit accordingly?

r.e. Coach K.

He will go down as one of the elite college basketball coaches of all time, nobody can ever take that away from him. But I get the feeling his time has passed.

I think not. 2006 was only two years ago, and he has already rebuilt the program into a top-five team... again. Duke is a contender as long as K is in Durham, unfortunately. And it's a shame because his style of play and character are among the most shameful variety in the sport.

How's that??

Where do I even begin?

I'll keep it short and stick to my main contention: His players are told to play cheap. Downright dirty. It makes a mockery of the game to dive and flop as they shamelessly do. It's worse this year than it ever has been. This video is a really good summation of that; it's happening on BOTH ends of the floor. If you don't watch any others, watch flop #6. This pathetic strategy is now out of hand and the refs aren't even giving them the benefit of the doubt as often any more. This is purely a product of K's "tutelage."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QeuuS2HiYEM

It's pathetic at best, and detrimental to the game at worst.

I am not saying he would leave but coaches do because of ego. Now Bruce though seems like he does not mind being second fiddle unlike other guys. He is a great guy and I hope he does stay.

He is coaching at the University of Tennessee, one of the premier athletic schools in the country. 2nd fiddle???? To who? ESPN has labeled TN as a 'sleeping giant'. Keyword 'giant'.

He could leave if he wanted to go to a 'pure' basketball school, but I don't think he would be able to find a school with more fan and alumni support than UT for athletics in general. Also, he has become a media darling, both in Knoxville and the national media.

So I'm not really sure what he would have to gain. But after seeing Rodriguez leave WV, I'm not going to rule it out.

Its a simple yes or no question. Do you think Duke has overachieved or underachieved recently considering their history, talent level, and success in the tournament?

The fact is, in college basketball, you are judged by what you to in the Dance.

They win 25+ games every year and make the NCAAs. That's on par with most of the other elite schools out there. And, if anything, K may have shortchanged his team in recent years by recruiting more of the "lifers". (guys that stay all 4) That is probably really the only thing that he's opened himself up to criticism. He could probably be having more success these days if he simply recruited the best talent out there and not just guys that are not gonna leave early.

Where do I even begin?

I'll keep it short and stick to my main contention: His players are told to play cheap. Downright dirty. It makes a mockery of the game to dive and flop as they shamelessly do. It's worse this year than it ever has been. This video is a really good summation of that; it's happening on BOTH ends of the floor. If you don't watch any others, watch flop #6. This pathetic strategy is now out of hand and the refs aren't even giving them the benefit of the doubt as often any more. This is purely a product of K's "tutelage."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QeuuS2HiYEM

It's pathetic at best, and detrimental to the game at worst.

Seems to me someone has Duke envy.

Archived