Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obama V Clinton Debate in Austin, TX Tonight

HOF44

When do you put your hand over your heart?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. When do you put your hand over your heart?

• Just for the Pledge of Allegiance
    • Just for the National Anthem
    • For both
    • For neither

Llllllllllllllllllllllleeeettssss get read to ruuuuuuuuuuuummmmmblleee..

Are you ready? Are you ready?

Fight

rocky-iii.jpg

Risin' up, back on the street

Did my time, took my chances

Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet

Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast

You change your passion for glory

Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past

You must fight just to keep them alive

Chorus:

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight

Risin' up to the challenge of our rival

And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night

And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat

Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry

They stack the odds 'til we take to the street

For we kill with the skill to survive

chorus

Risin' up, straight to the top

Have the guts, got the glory

Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop

chorus

The eye of the tiger...

rocky-iii.jpg

Risin' up, back on the street

Did my time, took my chances

Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet

So many times, it happens too fast

You change your passion for glory

Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past

You must fight just to keep them alive

Chorus:

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight

Risin' up to the challenge of our rival

And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night

And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat

Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry

They stack the odds 'til we take to the street

For we kill with the skill to survive

chorus

Risin' up, straight to the top

Have the guts, got the glory

Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop

chorus

The eye of the tiger...

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

"..These speeches I've been giving..and I've got to admit, some of them are pretty good."

Obama smacked Hillary in the face with talking about the "bickering" of politics. I love how she sat there smiling like it was stuck.

EDIT: He said "We shouldn't be spending all of our time tearing each other down, we should be building the country up."

Then she slams him for not being "Change we can believe in, it's change you can xerox."

Does anyone else here think Hiliary looks like a predator every time Obama talks? Her face gets all tense like she is holding back the urge to interrupt him or smack the crap out of him or something.

Obama, on the other hand, looks like a student only half paying attentions and doodling on his notepad.

This is entertaining.

You know what's missing from the Clinton campaign? She completely ignores the failures of Bill ... everyone knows the toughest moment of her life, and if she could come up with a coherent statement of why she stuck with her husband through the whole Lewinksy scandal, I think it would earn the respect of a lot of voters.

She could say something about how everyone makes mistakes, and how sometimes even the people you trust the most can violate that trust, but how she believes people are inherently good, and how you have to forgive ... that you have to learn from your mistakes. It is basically a taboo issue for the Democratic Party, but if she could take it head on, it would really shock everyone ... If she did it right it could help her, but maybe it wouldn't make a difference. I would just kind of like to see her try.

I'm as biased as they come, but I think Barack scored some real points here tonight. More than anything else, I think he effectively rebutted all of the noise coming out lately about how he lacks substance:

Well, I think actions do speak louder than words, which is why over the 20 years of my public service I have acted a lot to provide health care to people who didn't have it, to provide tax breaks to families that needed it, to reform a criminal justice system that had resulted in wrongful convictions, to open up our government and to pass the toughest ethics reform legislation since Watergate, to make sure that we create transparency...

... to make sure that we create transparency in our government so that we know where federal spending is going and it's not going to a bunch of boondoggles and earmarks that are wasting taxpayer money that could be spent on things like early childhood education.

You know, I think if you talk to those wounded warriors at Walter Reed who, prior to me getting to the Senate, were having to pay for their meals and have to pay for their phone calls to their family while they're recovering from amputations, I think they've said that I've engaged not just in talk, but in action.

Now, I think that Senator Clinton has a fine record and I don't want to denigrate that record. I do think there is a fundamental difference between us in terms of how change comes about. Senator Clinton of late has said: Let's get real. The implication is that the people who've been voting for me or involved in my campaign are somehow delusional.

And that, you know, the 20 million people who've been paying attention to 19 debates and the editorial boards all across the country at newspapers who have given me endorsements, including every major newspaper here in the state of Texas.

You know, the thinking is that somehow, they're being duped, and eventually they're going to see the reality of things.

Well, I think they perceive reality of what's going on in Washington very clearly. What they see is that if we don't bring the country together, stop the endless bickering, actually focus on solutions and reduce the special interests that have dominated Washington, then we will not get anything done. And the reason that this campaign has done so well...

The reason that this campaign has done so well is because people understand that it is not just a matter of putting forward policy positions.

Senator Clinton and I share a lot of policy positions. But if we can't inspire the American people to get involved in their government and if we can't inspire them to go beyond the racial divisions and the religious divisions and the regional divisions that have plagued our politics for so long, then we will continue to see the kind of gridlock and nonperformance in Washington that is resulting in families suffering in very real ways.

I'm running for president to start doing something about that suffering, and so are the people who are behind my campaign.

You know what's missing from the Clinton campaign? She completely ignores the failures of Bill ... everyone knows the toughest moment of her life, and if she could come up with a coherent statement of why she stuck with her husband through the whole Lewinksy scandal, I think it would earn the respect of a lot of voters.

The last thing in a million years she wants to bring up is the Lewinsky scandal. Pure political suicide. That whole thing is viewed as a negative on both sides of the aisle, and no politician is going to bring up a personal negative incident when no one is asking about it.

Archived